The Tenta Brella functions similarly to the standard Splat Brella, but the shield is much larger. This means it can block more shots and leave a wider ink trail when launched.
- The Tenta Brella is a heavyweight weapon.
- The Tenta Brella's shield has 800 HP.
- The shield does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- Brella shields have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the shield is multiplied by 0.5.
- The shield takes 1.75 seconds to be launched, and 5 seconds to return.
- The launched shield initially travels at a speed of 0.8 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 6 seconds.
- Each shot consumes 10% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 10 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to deploy the shield uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 40% of the ink tank is used in total to release the shield.
- After firing, there is a 70 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding but not releasing the shield is 30 frames.
- The cooldown after releasing the shield is 120 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.5 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- The Tenta Brella fires 7 bullets per attack. Each bullet deals 17.5 damage. A maximum of 7 bullets per attack will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per attack is 122.5.
- If a bullet is in the air for more than 9 frames after being fired, it loses 0 damage per frame until it reaches 17.5 damage at frame 25.
- Bullets initially travel at a rate of 24 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 96 units.
- After that, the bullet's velocity is set to 23.135 units if the bullet's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Tenta Brella is designed after a dome tent camping shelter, as its Japanese name indicates.
- The English name, Tenta Brella, despite sounding similar to Tenta Missiles or Tentatek, also hints to it being a tent rather than sounding like the word "tentacle".
- The dome tent is apparently supplied in a collaboration with Inkline, as their logo appears on the Brella's clasp when it is closed. This is appropriate, since Inkline's gear is mostly camping-, climbing- or hiking-related.
This is further cemented in the design for the Tenta Sorella Brella, which has the logo appear as a pattern on the shelter and in the weapon icon.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Kampeerplenzer||From Kamperen (to camp), plenzen (heavy rain) and -er, suffix used for machinery|
|French (NOA)||Méga para-encre||Mega Splat Brella|
|French (NOE)||Para-encre XL||Splat Brella XL|
|Spanish (NOA)||Paratintas forestal||Forest Inkbrella|
|Spanish (NOE)||Paratintas maxi||Maxi Inkbrella|