The Tenta Brella is a main weapon in Splatoon 2.
The Tenta Brella functions similarly to the standard Splat Brella but the shield is much larger. This means it can block more shots and leave a wider ink trail when launched.
The Tenta Brella was announced during a Nintendo Direct on 13 September 2017. It was released on 30 September 2017 at 02:00 UTC.
The Tenta Brella comes in a set with Squid Beakons and the Bubble Blower.
In Salmon Run, the umbrella's shield breaks immediately after making contact with a Steel Eel.
- The Tenta Brella is a heavyweight weapon.
- The Tenta Brella's shield has 700 HP.
- The shield does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- Brella shields have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the shield is multiplied by 0.6.
- The shield takes 1.75 seconds to be launched, and 5.67 seconds to return.
- The launched shield initially travels at a speed of 0.8 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 6 seconds.
- Each shot consumes 11% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 9 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to deploy the shield uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 41% of the ink tank is used in total to release the shield.
- After firing, there is a 70 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding but not releasing the shield is 30 frames.
- The cooldown after releasing the shield is 120 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.5 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- The Tenta Brella fires 7 shots per attack. Each shot deals 17 damage. A maximum of 7 shots per attack will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per attack is 119.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 9 frames after being fired, it loses 0 damage per frame until it reaches 17 damage at frame 25.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 24 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 96 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 23.135 units if the shot's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- ▲ Decreased time required to return to standard movement speed after moving while shooting by 10/60 of a second.
- ▲ Increased damage delivered by each shot that lands from 15 to 17.5.
- ▲ Increased maximum damage dealt by a shot burst from 120 to 122.5.
- ▲ Decreased damage done to the umbrella by shooters (excluding blasters), splatlings, and dualies by roughly 30%.
- ▲ The umbrella will no longer be destroyed immediately after coming into contact with a Baller.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers when shooting ink by roughly 30%.
- — Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule to display outside the center of the screen when moving the camera and using a Roller or Brella-type weapon.
- — Fixed an issue causing brellas to shoot in an off-center direction when shooting them while moving the camera.
- — Fixed an issue causing a discrepancy in movement speed while trying to shoot a brella-type weapon with no ink remaining, as opposed to shooting a brella with ink in the ink tank.
- ▲ In Rainmaker mode, equipping weapons such as the E-liter 4K and Dynamo Roller will no longer lower movement and swim speed while holding the Rainmaker.
- — Fixed an issue allowing brella weapons used by opponents to shoot while their umbrellas remained open.
- ▲ Reduced the time between readying and launching the umbrella from 1.5 seconds to .5 seconds.
- ▲ Reduced the amount of ink necessary to launch the umbrella by roughly 25%.
- ▲ Reduced the time it takes to regain the umbrella after it's destroyed or lost from 9 seconds to 6 seconds.
- ▼ Reduced the time a launched umbrella remains on a stage from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
- ▲ Increased area covered by ink at player's feet when the brella is open.
- ▲ Increased area of ink coverage generated when umbrella portion is launched.
- ▲ Decreased time for new umbrella to be generated after it is either destroyed or launched from 6 to 5 seconds.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 170 → 180.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 190.
- ▲ Damage dealt by canopy increased by 20%.
- ▼ Health of canopy reduced by 13%.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 190 → 200.
- ▼ Minimum damage: 17.5 → 17.
- ▼ Extended the time it takes to restore the umbrella portion after launching it or it being destroyed by roughly 40/60 seconds: 5 seconds → 5.67 seconds.
- ▼ Increased ink consumption for spread shots by roughly 10%: 10% → 11%.
Holding the Tenta Brella.
Launching the Tenta Brella.
Concept art of Tenta Brella.
The victory pose for the Octoling girl shows the Inkline logo on the clasp.
- The Tenta Brella is designed after a dome tent camping shelter, as its Japanese name indicates.
- The English name, Tenta Brella, despite sounding similar to Tenta Missiles or Tentatek, also hints to it being a tent rather than sounding like the word "tentacle".
- The dome tent is supplied in a collaboration with Inkline, as their logo appears on the Brella's clasp when it is closed. This is appropriate since Inkline's gear is mostly camping-, climbing- or hiking-related. This is further cemented in the design for the Tenta Sorella Brella, which has the logo appear as a pattern on the shelter and in the weapon icon.
Names in other languages
||From Kamperen (to camp), plenzen (heavy rain) and -er, suffix used for machinery
| French (NOA)
||Mega Splat Brella
| French (NOE)
||Splat Brella XL
| Spanish (NOA)
| Spanish (NOE)