The Tenta Brella was announced during a Nintendo Direct on 13 September 2017. It was released on 30 September 2017 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with Squid Beakons and Bubble Blower. In Salmon Run, the umbrella's shield breaks immediately after making contact with a Steel Eel.
It appears in two Octo Expansion Stations:
- The Tenta Brella is a heavyweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 150. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The Tenta Brella's canopy has 700 HP.
- Brella canopies have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- The canopy takes 0.75 seconds to open.
- The canopy does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- The canopy takes 1.75 seconds to be launched, and 5.67 seconds to return.
- The launched canopy initially travels at a speed of 0.8 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 6 seconds.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the canopy is multiplied by 0.6.
- Each shot consumes 11% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 9 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to release the canopy uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 41% of the ink tank is used in total to release the canopy.
- After firing, there is a 1.17 second cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding open but not releasing the canopy is 0.5 seconds.
- The cooldown after releasing the canopy is 2 seconds.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the shot takes 10 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the shot takes 20 frames to come out.
- After firing, 35 frames must pass before the player can fire another shot.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 40 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.5 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- The Tenta Brella fires 7 projectiles per shot. Each projectile deals 17 damage. A maximum of 7 projectiles per shot will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per shot is 119.
- The Tenta Brella does not experience damage falloff.
- Shots can deviate 7 degrees horizontally and 4.5 degrees vertically.
- Projectiles initially travel at a rate of 24 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 96 units.
- After that, the projectile's velocity is set to 23.135 units if the projectile's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
The Tenta Brella is...well, a big umbrella that looks like a camping tent! The Squid Beakon sub is perfect for pushing forward as you protect your teammates with the brella! The Bubble Blower allows you to support your teammates by inking out far and wide around them! This set is highly recommended for team-minded Inklings that want to lead their team to victory!
- The Tenta Brella is designed after a dome tent camping shelter, as its Japanese name indicates.
- The English name, Tenta Brella, despite sounding similar to Tenta Missiles or Tentatek, also hints to it being a tent rather than sounding like the word "tentacle".
- The dome tent is supplied in a collaboration with Inkline, as their logo appears on the Brella's clasp when it is closed. This is appropriate since Inkline's gear is mostly camping-, climbing- or hiking-related. This is further cemented in the design for the Tenta Sorella Brella, which has the logo appear as a pattern on the shelter and in the weapon icon.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Kampeerplenzer||From Kamperen (to camp), plenzen (heavy rain) and -er, suffix used for machinery|
|French (NOA)||Méga para-encre||Mega Splat Brella|
|French (NOE)||Para-encre XL||Splat Brella XL|
|Italian||Sparatenda||From sparare (to shoot) and tenda (tend)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Paratintas forestal||Forest Inkbrella|
|Spanish (NOE)||Paratintas maxi||Maxi Inkbrella|