- 1 Splatoon
- 2 Splatoon 2
- 3 Etymology
- 4 References
- 5 See Also
This weapon is a fast-firing, low-accuracy shooter. It has a steampunk-style look, similar to its cousin, the Splash-o-matic. Due to its high attack power, it excels in short range combat. It comes in a set with Squid Beakons and the Killer Wail.
|“||The perfect weapon for getting up close and personal! High attack power and rate of fire, but its range is extremely limited.||”|
— In-game description
|“||It’s range is super short, but it gobbles up foes in close-quarters combat. Take them by surprise and there’s no escape! The Squid Beakon subs will help you get in there, and the Killer Wail special will let you wreck shop once you do.||”|
"With its wide muzzle, the Sploosh-o-matic is specialized for close-combat situations. Beat back the enemy while placing Squid Beakons on their turf, and then mop up with the deadly Killer Wail! This weapon set excels at opening holes in the opponents' defenses for your teammates to exploit."
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- The Ninja Squid ability conceals any sign of swimming in ink on horizontal surfaces, allowing the users of shooters with shorter range to advance and ambush foes without being detected.
- The Cold Blooded ability will reduce the amount of time the player is tracked by Echolocator and point sensors by 25%. This can help the player stay hidden while ambushing foes.
- The Sploosh-o-Matic comes with squid beakons as it's sub weapon. Quick Super Jump will reduce the amount times it takes to super jump to a beakon, allowing the player to get back into position quickly.
- The Quick Respawn ability shortens the player's respawn time after being splatted. As a short range shooter, the Sploosh-o-Matic will sometimes result in the player being splatted at the same time they splat the enemy. Quick Respawn also helps support a more aggressive playstyle.
The Squid Sisters introducing the Sploosh-o-matic.
An Inkling running with the Sploosh-o-matic.
Art for Splatoon's first anniversary, with an Inkling (second from left) with the Sploosh-o-matic.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Sploosh-o-matic at the upper left.
With its wide muzzle, the Sploosh-o-matic is well suited for close-combat situations. The Curling Bombs allow you to clear narrow pathways and push farther into enemy territory. And once you're there, send your enemies back to their spawn point with the Splashdown! This close-range weapon set excels at opening holes in your opponent's defenses for your teammates to exploit.
- ▼ Ink consumption: 0.7% → 0.8%
- ▲ Movement speed while firing: 0.72 → 0.80
- ▲ Increased movement speed while shooting by 11%
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 170
Sploosh-o-matic is derived from Sploosh, a word similar to Splash, and Automatic. The -o-matic suffix is also a common, cliché naming convention for technological gadgets.
ボールドマーカー bōrudo mākā is in reference to the partly pen-based appearance of the Sploosh-o-matic. The name is also to contrast it with the Splash-o-matic. The highly accurate Splash-o-matic is named after a sharp marker pen, while the Sploosh-o-matic with its wide, cone-shaped muzzle is more akin to a bold marker pen.
Names in other languages
|French||Marqueur lourd||Heavy Marker|
|Spanish (NOA)||Marcador grueso||Thick Marker|