The Aerospray PG is a main weapon in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. The Aerospray PG fires quick bursts, so its user can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short time. It is also a short-range weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets.
The Aerospray PG is one of the nine weapons included in Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2 and was released on 8 June 2016. It is in a set with the Burst Bombs and the Kraken. Like the Aerospray MG and RG, the PG can only be purchased after defeating The Rampaging Octowhirl Boss Battle and obtaining its Sunken Scroll.
- The Aerospray PG is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.5% allows players to fire 200 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots (15 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 12 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The Aerospray PG has a 40% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 66 units.
- Ink droplets occur every 117 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 22 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 19 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13.5 units.
The Aerospray PG is a little update to the Aerospray MG that I built from my grandpappy's blueprints. It's a hand-crafted work of art, if I do say so myself. I really put a lot of love into it! The Burst Bombs let you control your opponents' movements before smashing them with the Kraken. Rated PG for severe splattings! (NA/EU/OC)[a]
|“||An Aerospray MG remodeled by Sheldon. This set builds on the natural strengths of the weapon. The main and Burst Bombs help claim turf and the Kraken crushes enemy defenses.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)[b]
|“||The Aerospray PG is best described as a little update to the Aerospray MG that Sheldon built from his grandpappy’s blueprints. No matter how you describe it, it’s definitely a hand-crafted work of art. Burst Bombs help claim turf and the Kraken crushes enemy defenses.||”|
- North America, Europe, and Oceania
- North America
A male Inkling runs with the Aerospray PG.
|Tenacity||Gives a special bonus whenever there are more active players on the enemy team than on your team.|
|Main Power Up||Incearses the main weapon's ink coverage.|
The Aerospray PG has been designed by and for masters of the art of splatting, and has been optimized and refined in every way imaginable! Keep your foes at tentacle's length with a barrage of Burst Bombs, all while inking a solid swath on your path to victory! And when the going gets tough, break out the Booyah Bomb to turn the tide of battle in your favor! For some, the key to victory is simple: just cover everything in ink. If this describes you, give this set a go!
- The Aerospray PG appears to be designed after an aerograph, a type of airbrush.
- The Aerospray PG, along with its alternates, the Aerospray MG and Aerospray RG and the Inkbrush, Inkbrush Nouveau and Permanent Inkbrush, are the only weapons that require 5 hits in order to splat an opponent.
- The "PG" in this weapon's name likely stands for "Perfect Grade", referencing Bandai's line of 1:60 scale model kits for the anime Mobile Suit Gundam.
- This is because it is common for model kits to be painted with an airbrush and because Gundam models are extremely popular in Japan.
- Damage Up can prove useful on this weapon. With a full set, the player will need to land a direct hit with a Burst Bomb followed by one hit instead of two.
Names in other languages
|Pro Modeler PG|
|Dutch||Kladderwerper Ultima||Stainthrower Ultimate[note 1]|
|French (NOA)||Pouche-pouche sélect|
|French (NOE)||Aérogun select||Airgun select|
|German||Airbrush PG||Airbrush PG|
|Italian||Aerografo deluxe||Aerograph deluxe|
|Spanish (NOA)||Aerógrafo GE||Aerograph GE|
|Spanish (NOE)||Aerógrafo Extra||Aerograph Extra|
- "Kladderwerper" comes from kladden (to stain, to spill) or kladderen (to mess, to scrawl), -er, and werper (thrower), and the Latin word "ultima" (ultimate)