The Aerospray PG is a main weapon in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. The Aerospray PG fires quick bursts, so its user can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short time. It is also a short range weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets.
The Aerospray PG is one of the nine weapons included in Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2 and was released on 8 June 2016. It is in a set with the Burst Bombs and the Kraken. Like the Aerospray MG and RG, the PG can only be purchased after defeating The Rampaging Octowhirl Boss Battle and obtaining its Sunken Scroll.
- The Aerospray PG is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.5% allows players to fire 200 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between bullets.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Bullets have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 12 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The Aerospray PG has a 40% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Bullets initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 66 units.
- Paint droplets occur every 117 units.
- The frequency at which paint drips from a bullet occurs at a rate of 1 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 22 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 19 units.
- All other paint droplets have a radius of 13.5 units.
A male Inkling runs with the Aerospray PG.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Aerospray PG appears to be designed after an aerograph, a type of airbrush.
- The Aerospray PG, along with its alternates, the Aerospray MG and Aerospray RG and the Inkbrush, Inkbrush Nouveau and Permanent Inkbrush, are the only weapons that require 5 hits in order to splat an opponent.
- The "PG" in this weapon's name likely stands for "Perfect Grade" in reference to Bandai's line of 1:60 scale model kits for the anime Mobile Suit Gundam.
- This is because it is common for model kits to be painted with an airbrush and because Gundam models are extremely popular in Japan.
- Damage Up can prove useful on this weapon. With a full set, the player will need to land a direct hit with a Burst Bomb followed by one hit instead of two.
Names in other languages
|Pro Modeler PG|
|Dutch||Kladderwerper Ultima||Stainthrower Ultimate[note 1]|
|French (NOA)||Pouche-pouche sélect|
|French (NOE)||Aérogun select||Airgun select|
|German||Airbrush PG||Airbrush PG|
|Italian||Aerografo deluxe||Aerograph deluxe|
|Spanish (NOA)||Aerógrafo GE||Aerograph GE|
|Spanish (NOE)||Aerógrafo Extra||Aerograph Extra|
- "Kladderwerper" comes from kladden (to stain, to spill) or kladderen (to mess, to scrawl), -er, and werper (thrower), and the Latin word "ultima" (ultimate)