The Echolocator is a special weapon in Splatoon. When activated, enemies' positions are revealed to the player and their teammates for nine seconds, unless the player is employing the ability Special Duration Up, which increases Echolocator's tracking time respectively (+1.5 seconds per Special Duration Up main, and approximately +.45 seconds per sub).
It is similar to the Point Sensor, but it allows the user and their entire team to see all enemies rather than just those in range of the Point Sensor. It also completely refills the player's ink supply upon use, like all specials.
- This special is especially useful for tracking players who use Ninja Squid, as their locations will be revealed regardless of this ability.
- Since the Echolocator refills the player's ink supply upon use, but does not affect the actual weapon, it can be effectively used as a free, instant refill when ink is running low.
- This special is very useful for Chargers, as they know exactly where all the players are, in or out of ink, allowing a much easier shot.
- When the player uses this special, four arrows spread and fly to the enemies from the player. Enemy players can see this effect, which means that the location of the Inkling activating Echolocator is very briefly revealed to opponents.
- The ability Cold Blooded will reduce the amount of time the player's location is revealed by the Echolocator by 50% (as of Version 2.7.0).
- Little else can be done to counter the effects of this special, so taking up a defensive playstyle for the duration of the special can help players stay alive.
An Inkling using the Echolocator.
Official art of an Inkling using the Echolocator with a Custom Splattershot Jr.
|View the quotation page.|
- The name "Echolocator" is based on the term Echolocation, a means of navigation used by many marine animals, such as dolphins, porpoises, and toothed whales.
- There are no Brushes or Blasters that have Echolocator as their special.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Calamaradar||From Calamari and radar.|
- North America
- Europe and Oceania