The Rapid Blaster is a Shooter-class weapon that is similar to the Blaster, but fires much faster and has greater range. However, this comes at the cost of less Ink coverage, a smaller blast radius, and weaker shots. At minimum, it takes one direct hit and one indirect hit to splat an opponent with this weapon. Its close relative, the Rapid Blaster Pro, has slightly longer range and a slightly slower firing rate.
The Rapid Blaster comes in a set with Ink Mines and Bubbler. Each shot consumes 8% of the ink tank capacity, and the ink tank recovers 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing the player to fire 15 shots before needing to refill the tank.
- ▲ Fire rate when firing from a Squid state: 0.28 → 0.20
- ▲ Recovery time after firing: 0.43 sec. → 0.33
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Movement speed while firing increased by about 12%
Concept art of various weapons, with the Rapid Blaster at the lower left.
The Rapid Blaster returns in Splatoon 2 with an identical appearance but slightly tweaked performance. It comes with the Ink Mine and Splat-Bomb Launcher. Each shot consumes 7% of the ink tank capacity, allowing the player to fire 14 shots before needing to refill the tank.
- ▲ Ink consumption per shot: 8.0% → 7.0%
- ▲ Direct hit damage: 80 → 85
- ▲ Minimum splash damage: 25 → 35
- ▼ Movement speed while firing: 0.616 → 0.55
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 210
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Turboblasteur||Turbo Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Turboblaster||Turbo Blaster|
|Italian||Blaster rapido||Rapid Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Turbolanzamotas||Turbo Speck Thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Devastador exprés||Express Devastator|
Weapons in Splatoon
Weapons in Splatoon 2