The Rapid Blaster features an improved rate of fire and reduced ink consumption. It comes with the trade-off of less attack power, but you can reveal your opponents' positions to teammates with the Ink Mine! Finish off the tracked opponents with the Splat-Bomb Launcher! Recommended for players that like to work closely with their team!
- ▲ Ink consumption per shot: 8.0% → 7.0%
- ▲ Direct hit damage: 80 → 85
- ▲ Minimum splash damage: 25 → 35
- ▼ Movement speed while firing: 0.616 → 0.55
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 210
|This article or section needs more images!
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
The Rapid Blaster is a Shooter that is similar to the Blaster, but is much faster and has an impressive range, the longest out of all Blaster-type weapons. However, this comes at the cost of less Ink coverage, a smaller blast radius, and weaker shots, making it the only Blaster that cannot splat an enemy with one direct hit. It uses a laser effect when fired, and is in a set with the Ink Mines and Bubbler.
|“||Mitigates the weaknesses of the regular Blaster by giving up a little shot power for a better rate of fire.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA/EU/OC)
The Rapid Blaster is Blaster modified to increase its rate of fire and ink efficiency. It's not as powerful as the Blaster, but its fast shots and powerful Ink Mines are great for pressuring foes.
With a Bubbler as well, it's probably the easiest blaster to use, so I'd recommend giving it a try!(NA)
- ▲ Fire rate when firing from a Squid state: 0.28 → 0.20
- ▲ Recovery time after firing: 0.43 sec. → 0.33
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Movement speed while firing increased by about 12%
- Avoid fighting up close as you would with other blasters. The Rapid Blaster's strengths are its significantly better fire rate (the highest of all Blaster weapons) and range (second longest to the Rapid Blaster Pro). Attacking from the edge of its range allows for consistent and safe attacks which make use of both its direct damage and burst.
- Use Ink Mines as a fortification and barrier. The Rapid Blaster's inability to one-shot enemies and weakness at close ranges make it a tempting target for Aerospray, Splash/Sploosh-o-Matic, and N-ZAP users. Well-placed mines can prevent or punish attempts to close the distance.
- An indirect hit from the Rapid Blaster deals variable damage based on the foe's distance from the center. It is recommended that players stack the equivalent of 3-4 mains of Damage Up to reduce a 3 to 4-burst splat to more consistent 2 bursts and potential one shot splats, crucial for this weapon's effectiveness
- The Rapid Blaster benefits greatly from any means of escaping nearby enemies or disadvantageous positions. Swim Speed allows for continued field presence or quick repositioning.
- As a weapon with relatively awkward ink output, Ink Resistance Up enables more effective escapes from enemy ink, when out of ink and in dangerous situations, while itself preventing one shot kills from other Rapid Blasters as well
Rapid Blasters are weakest at close range, where their tight cone of fire and reduced damage often limit their effectiveness. Countering the weapon generally focuses first and foremost on getting into your weapon's ideal range. Swim Speed Up can help to close this distance and avoid the Rapid Blaster's shots, and Defense Up protects from enemy fire
Concept art of various weapons, with the Rapid Blaster at the lower left.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Turboblasteur||Turbo Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Turboblaster||Turbo Blaster|
|Italian||Blaster rapido||Rapid Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Turbolanzamotas||Turbo Speck Thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Devastador exprés||Express Devastator|