The Rapid Blaster is a Shooter-class weapon that is similar to the Blaster, but fires much faster and has greater range. However, this comes at the cost of less Ink coverage, a smaller blast radius, and weaker shots. At minimum, it takes one direct hit and one indirect hit to splat an opponent with this weapon. Its close relative, the Rapid Blaster Pro, has slightly longer range and a slightly slower firing rate. The fire rate is faster than the Luna Blaster, and slower than the Clash Blaster.
The Rapid Blaster comes in a set with Ink Mines and Bubbler. Each shot consumes 8% of the ink tank capacity, and the ink tank recovers 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing the player to fire 15 shots before needing to refill the tank.
The Rapid Blaster is Blaster modified to increase its rate of fire and ink efficiency. It's not as powerful as the Blaster, but its fast shots and powerful Ink Mines are great for pressuring foes.
|“||Mitigates the weaknesses of the regular Blaster by giving up a little shot power for a better rate of fire.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA/EU/OC)[b]
- North America
- North America, Europe, and Oceania
Concept art of various weapons, with the Rapid Blaster at the lower left
The Rapid Blaster returns in Splatoon 2 with an identical appearance but slightly tweaked performance. It comes with the Ink Mine and Splat-Bomb Launcher. Each shot consumes 7% of the ink tank capacity, allowing the player to fire 14 shots before needing to refill the tank.
- The Rapid Blaster is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 7% allows players to fire 14 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 6 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 35 frames between shots (1.71 shots per second).
The Rapid Blaster features an improved rate of fire and reduced ink consumption. It comes with the trade-off of less attack power, but you can reveal your opponents' positions to teammates with the Ink Mine! Finish off the tracked opponents with the Splat-Bomb Launcher! Recommended for players that like to work closely with their team!
- This weapon is used in the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Turboblasteur||Turbo Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Turboblaster||Turbo Blaster|
|Italian||Blaster rapido||Rapid Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Turbolanzamotas||Turbo Speck Thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Devastador exprés||Express Devastator|