It was revealed in the Chill Season 2022 trailer on 14 November 2022 and was released on 1 December 2022.
The Splattershot Nova has a more "futuristic" space-themed design than most other Splattershot weapons. It consists of an oversized plastic sports water bottle matching the user's ink color slotted into a black shooter frame, causing it to resemble a ray gun or Super Soaker.
The Splattershot Nova has Point Sensors and the Killer Wail 5.1. It has long range comparable to the Splattershot Pro but with a faster fire rate, less accuracy, and weaker damage, making its stats similar to the Dual Squelcher. It is tied with the Aerospray series of weapons for the lowest damage stat of any shooter. It was added along with Chill Season 2022 on 1 December 2022.
- The Splattershot Nova is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 16. The game's matchmaking system looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The ink consumption is 0.96% per shot, allowing the user to fire for 10.42 seconds on a full ink tank.
- When firing continuously, it shoots a bullet every 6 frames (10 shots per second).
- When firing from humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out. When firing from swim form, the first shot takes 11 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing the weapon and being able to enter swim form or use a sub weapon is 3 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.079 units per frame.
- Each shot has a base damage of 24 and minimum damage of 12.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 10 frames after being fired, it will lose about 0.75 damage per frame until it reaches 12 damage at frame 26.
- The bullet hitbox for collisions with players has a radius of 0.2 units.
- The bullet hitbox for collisions with the environment has a radius of 0.2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 6 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Splattershot Nova starts off having a 10% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 3% per shot, and maximizes at a 25% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 5 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Accuracy starts recovering 6 frames after the player stops shooting. The chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 2% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 14 frames to reach maximum accuracy. (21 after shooting while jumping.)
- Shots initially travel straight at a rate of 2.2 units per frame for 5 frames. Shots travel straight for 11 distance units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 2.2698 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and it loses 36% of its speed every frame (including the first frame after it stops traveling straight). Once the shot velocity decreases below a certain threshold, it will begin to be slowed less and fall faster.
- The effective range is about 14.49 units.
- This number may vary at different firing angles.
There are a lot of cool weapons in the Splattershot family, but the Splattershot Nova is a unique combo of range and firing rate in one awesome package! Granted, the weapon isn't going to win "Most Powerful" at the splat pageant, but it's great at supporting your front-line allies from a distance. Plus, when paired with the Point Sensor, you can telegraph opponent moves to your team—and mop up any survivors with the Killer Wail 5.1 special. If you like to save the tastiest-looking bite of food for last, give this loadout a try! And stop doing that—it'll taste better at the start of the meal.
|“||SRL Ballistics here with a report on the Splattershot Nova, a new member of the Splattershot family with galactic range and an out-of-this-world look! Its power won't blow up a planet or anything, but you can fire all day long without affecting your aim. Splat speed ahead!||”|
— @SplatoonNA on Twitter
- Main article: Badge#Weapon freshness
|Splattershot Nova Badges|
|4★ Splattershot Nova User|
|5★ Splattershot Nova User|
An Octoling holding the Splattershot Nova
The Splattershot Nova (middle), as shown in the Chill Season 2022 announcement video thumbnail
Promotional video (link to file)
- The Splattershot Nova, along with the Big Swig Roller, Snipewriter 5H, Painbrush, S-BLAST '92, Dread Wringer, and Heavy Edit Splatling, is not included in Return of the Mammalians due to being added post-release.
For competitive tips about the Splattershot Nova
|View the strategy page.|
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Superspetter Nova||Supershooter Nova|
|French||Lanceur spatial||Space thrower|
|Italian||Splasher Nova||Splattershot Nova|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rociador espacial||Spacial sprayer|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzatintas espacial||Spacial ink thrower|
|Chinese (Simplified)||太空射击枪||Space Shooter|
|Chinese (Traditional)||太空射擊槍||Space Shooter|