The Splat Roller has a new design and performs similarly to its appearance in Splatoon. However, like all Rollers in Splatoon 2, when flicked while jumping, ink travels in a vertical line rather than a horizontal splash, and it travels much farther than a grounded flick. It now comes with Curling Bombs and the Splashdown.
|“||The perfect weapon for getting up close and personal. Press while on the ground to fling a wide volley of ink or press while in midair to fling a narrower, concentrated volley of ink.||”|
The Splat Roller represents the roller class of weapons that excel at close combat and inking turf. Tap to fling ink at foes, or hold it down to ink the ground as you run. Bounce a Curling Bomb off a wall to cut off your opponent's route, get right up on them, aaaaaaand SPLAT! Paired with the Splashdown, I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble splatting multiple opponents at once! If you want to experience the basics of the new generation of rollers, look no further.
- ▼ Ink consumption per flick: 9.0% → 10.0%
- ▲ Splash damage: 25–125 → 35-150
- ▼ Roll damage: 140 → 125
- ▲ Ink consumption per flick: 10.0% → 9.0%
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 170
- ▲ Increased width of ink path when using to ink the ground continuously and moving at maximum speed by roughly 8%.
- ▲ Made it easier to ink the ground in front of you when using a horizontal swing.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers with either a vertical or horizontal swing by roughly 40%.
- ▲ Decreased the knock back distance when coming into contact with a roller that has run out of ink or is in mid-air.
- — Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule to display outside the center of the screen when moving the camera and using a Roller or Brella-type weapon.
The Splat Roller is a large paint roller that allows for quick turf coverage. After pressing , it flings Ink at a short range. If the player continues to hold down , uninterrupted, the Splat Roller touches the ground and is able to leave a wide trail of Ink identical to the player's movements for as long as the player holds . This Weapon is in a set with the Suction Bomb and Killer Wail. Enemies making direct contact with the roller are splatted almost instantly. Head-on confrontation between two roller users results in both players splatting.
|“||A weapon adopted from an ordinary paint roller. Aside from inking the ground, it can also be swung to hurl globs of ink at your opponents.||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||This weapon here is the Splat Roller. Its ability to ink the ground while on the move sometimes classifies it as a melee weapon, but you can also swing it to fling ink, making it effective at medium range too! It’s all about knowing when to roll and when to fling!||”|
The Splat Roller represents the Roller class of weapons, useful for close combat and also for painting the floor. Tap to hurl ink at foes, or hold it down to paint the floor beneath you as you run! Rollers began as unofficial weapons, but became so popular that they're now an officially recognised style! The included Suction Bombs and Killer Wail are powerful too, so this is great set to learn the Roller ropes.(EU/OC)
The Splat Roller represents the Roller class of weapons, useful for close combat and also for inking turf. Tap to fling ink at foes, or hold it down to ink the ground as you run! Rollers began as unofficial weapons but became so popular that they're now an officially recognized style! The included Suction Bombs and Killer Wail are powerful too, so this is great set to learn the Roller ropes.(NA)
- ▼ Players can only splat their opponents in one hit with the center of the roller.
- ▼ Opponents cannot be splatted in one hit when the player is out of ink.
- – Amount of damage given when the roller is repeatedly swung balanced.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- Roller type weapons consume lots of ink, as they have very wide trails. The Ink Saver Main will reduce the amount of ink the roller uses.
- The Ninja Squid ability might also be another thing that can help splat foes, as not being able to be seen while you swim in your ink in squid form allows roller users to sneak up on foes and squish them with their roller.
- Rollers should be able to wait in ambush for opposing players. Using Cold Blooded cuts Echolocators and Point Sensors' times.
Names in other languages
|Splaroller, portmanteau of "splat" and "roller"|
|Italian||Rullo splat||Splat Roller|
|Spanish||Rodillo Básico||Basic Roller|