From Inkipedia, the Splatoon wiki
- ▲ Walk speed while firing increased by 11%.
- ▲ The radius of the droplets that fall before the shot hits has been increased by about 7%.
- ▲ Intervals between the droplets that fall before the shot hits have been reduced.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
An Inkling running with the N-ZAP '89.
|View the quotation page.|
- Similar to the N-ZAP '85, the N-ZAP '89 is based on the American version of the NES Zapper, which was made orange in May of 1989 after the Federal Energy Management Improvement Act of 1988 was passed, requiring toy guns to look drastically different from real guns. This is referenced in Sheldon's description of the weapon, stating the design had to be changed due to "legal reasons".
- This is the first weapon released in Splatoon that is a re-skin of another post-release content weapon.
N-ZAP '89 is a shortened form of NES Zapper 1989. '89 is based on the year the second, orange NES Zapper model was released.
The N-ZAP '89 has the same name origin in all regions.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||N-ZAP89||Shortened form of "NES Zapper 1989". Same as English name.|
|French||N-ZAP 89||Same as English name.|
|German||N-ZAP89||Same as English name.|
|Italian||N-ZAP89||Same as English name.|
|Spanish||N-ZAP 89||Same as English name.|
|Weapons in Splatoon 2|