The Tentatek Splattershot, sometimes referred to simply as "the Tentatek", is a Main Weapon in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. It is the Tentatek version of the Splattershot and the first weapon available to the public in the 2014 E3 Demo of the game.
- 1 Splatoon 2
- 2 Splatoon
- 3 Etymology
- 4 See Also
The Tentatek Splattershot returns in Splatoon 2, now based off the Splattershots redesign in that game, and differs in appearance with a banner wrapped around the gun with a Tentatek logo. It now comes with Splat Bombs and the Inkjet.
The Tentatek Splattershot is the product of a collaboration with the gear brand Tentatek! Its stats are the same, but it now has Splat Bombs as its sub weapon and the Inkjet special, allowing players to push the front lines! I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to quickly expand their team's turf and raise their team's morale!
- ▼ Ink consumption: 0.9% → 1.0%
- ▼ Range decreased by about 8%.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 190 → 210
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 210 → 230
The Tentatek Splattershot in Splatoon 2.
The Tentatek Splattershot is an all-around weapon in terms of power, range, and rate of fire, making it easy to use for players of all levels of experience. When utilized, it sprays a steady splattering ink until the player's Ink Tank is depleted. It comes in a set with the Suction Bomb and Inkzooka.
|“||A slick Splattershot developed in collaboration with top gear brand Tentatek. With all-new options, the Tentatek Splattershot ensures you'll be ready for anything.||”|
— In-Game Description
The Tentatek Splattershot, designed in collaboration with the popular gear brand Tentatek! It's no different in stats to the standard Splattershot, but it comes with Suction Bombs and the Inkzooka! This makes it useful against tricky foes who like to keep their distance from you. I hope you'll try it out!(EU/OC)
The Tentatek Splattershot- designed in collaboration with the popular gear brand Tentatek! It's stats are the same as the standard Splattershot, but it comes with Suction Bombs and the Inkzooka! This makes it useful against tricky foes who like to keep their distance from you. Give it a shot, so to speak!(NA)
|“||This loadout is most useful during ranked Splat Zones matches. Suction Bombs can be used to set traps behind walls in Splat Zones. The Inkzooka alows you to put up a fight from a much greater distance and hit enemies who are on higher ground. Ink Saver (Main) and Ink Saver (Sub) are abilities you should consider when equipping this loadout.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
Many view the Tentatek Splattershot as an indispensable "jack-of-all-trades" weapon. With good all around damage, range, fire rate, ammo consumption and inking capability, combined with the highly useful Suction Bombs and Inkzooka, the Tentatek is a solid and safe bet for any map and any game mode.
- The weapon itself has a high enough rate of fire to keep Krakens at bay and inks good turf to boot.
- Inkzooka has the second highest range of any weapon in the game, only losing out to the E-liter 3K family of weapons (but not by much).
- Suction Bombs are capable of flushing enemies out of key positions, such as the Tower or Sniper Perches.
- ▼ Base damage: 36.0 → 35.0
- ▼ Special gauge decrease: 50% → up to 75%
- As a short range weapon, players will generally find themselves in enemy ink in engagements. The Ink Resistance Up ability allows players to continue to be mobile and to survive more fights without taking as much damage from enemy ink.
- The Run Speed Up ability allows players to run faster, which makes harder target to kill and much more mobility when firing.
- The Swim Speed Up ability allows players to swim faster, which makes harder target to kill and much more mobility when moving in squid form.
- Cold Blooded is an ability that shortens the duration of position-tracking to 50% of normal tracking time. As a stealthy, mobile weapon, Cold Blooded is immensely useful for the Tentatek Splattershot, enhancing its sneakiness, facilitating ambushes, preventing enemy ambushes, enabling more mobility, and preventing chargers to quickly splat players.
- Quick Respawn allows you to get back faster into the battle after getting splatted and prevents lockouts or quick knockouts.
- Comeback allows players to get back faster into the battle and constantly have a boosted range of abilities at hand, also making up and acting as substitution for ability slots used for Quick Respawn.
A male Inkling running with the Tentatek Splattershot.
Promo for Tentatek, with a male Inkling holding the Tentatek Splattershot.
The recolored Inkling Boy amiibo holds the Tentatek Splattershot.
The recolored Inkling Girl amiibo does as well.
Tentatek Splattershot is a combination of Splatter (as well as Splat) and Shot. It has the Tentatek brand name as a prefix to differentiate it from the Splattershot. It also denotes that the weapon is a collaboration with Tentatek.
Its Japanese name, スプラシューターコラボ supurashūtā korabo, is a combination of either Splat or Splash, and Shooter. It also has the abbreviated prefix Collab to separate it from Splashooter and to denote that it is a collaboration. However, unlike the English name, it doesn't specify the brand Tentatek.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Tentatek Superspetter||Tentatek Supersplatter|
|French (NOA)||Liquéficateur Tentatek||Tentatek Liquificator|
|French (NOE)||Liquidateur griffé||Branded Liquidator|
|Italian||Splasher logo||Splasher logo|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rociador Tentáctica||Tentatek Sprayer|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzatintas B||Ink Thrower B|