Compared to the Splat Dualies, this weapon lets the player perform quicker dodge rolls and inflict more damage, but it has a shorter range and a shorter roll distance to offset its effectiveness in close quarters.
The Dapple Dualies deal enough damage to splat opponents in three hits, unlike the Splat Dualies and Dualie Squelchers which need to land four hits to splat an enemy. Each shot consumes 0.7% of the ink tank, allowing the player to fire 142 shots before needing to refill. Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank. In the post-roll state, the weapon's firing rate is 20% faster than normal, and its accuracy is improved as well.
- The Dapple Dualies are a lightweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.697% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 143 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank capacity.
- The player can roll 2 times without interruption. After this, there is a delay before the player can roll again.
- The Dapple Dualies cannot continue shooting while rolling.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.8 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- After rolling, there is a 50 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 36.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 7 frames after being fired, it loses 2.25 damage per frame until it reaches 18 damage at frame 15.
- Damage output does not change after rolling.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 7 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Dapple Dualies starts off having a 5% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 3% per shot, and maximizes at a 40% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 12 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- When not shooting, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 0.5% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 70 frames to reach maximum accuracy.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 15 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 30 frames.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 17.8 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 53.4 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 17.635 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 110 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 5 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 18 units, and a width of 10 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13.5 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
The Dapple Dualies are dualie-type weapons that have been obsessively engineered for optimum mobility! They're now lighter, allowing for faster movement, but they have less range. It's a trade-off. Utilize the increased mobility to set Squid Beakons around the map, and call your teammates to your side! And use the Suction-Bomb Launcher to further expand your team's territory! Recommended for players who want to switfly splat their opponents and support their team!
- There are toothbrushes on the ends of the guns, likely referencing the fact that toothbrushes are used to make realistic splatter marks known as "dapples" on paintings.
- This weapon is used in the following Octo Expansion level:
Names in other languages
|French||Double moucheteur||Double flecker|
|Italian||Ripolpella duplo||Double Ripolpella (pun on Rivoltella - another name for Revolver - and polpo, Octopus)|
|Pun on impressionism|
|Spanish||Atomizador dual||Dual atomizer|