Compared to the Splat Dualies, this weapon lets the player perform quicker dodge rolls and inflict more damage, but it has shorter range and a shorter roll distance to offset its effectiveness in close quarters.
The Dapple Dualies deal enough damage to splat opponents in three hits, unlike the Splat Dualies and Dualie Squelchers which need to land four hits to splat an enemy. Each shot consumes 0.7% of the ink-tank, allowing the player to fire 142 shots before needing to refill. Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank. In the post-roll state, the weapon's firing rate is 20% faster than normal, and its accuracy is improved as well.
- The Dapple Dualies are a lightweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.7% allows players to fire 142 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 20 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 15 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 30 frames.
|View the quotation page.|
- There are toothbrushes on the ends of the guns, likely referencing the fact that toothbrushes are used to make realistic splatter marks known as "dapples" on paintings.
Names in other languages
|French||Double moucheteur||Double flecker|
|Italian||Ripolpella duplo||Double Ripolpella (pun on Rivoltella - another name for Revolver - and polpo, Octopus)|
|Pun on impressionism|
|Spanish||Atomizador dual||Dual atomizer|