When deployed, the Curling Bomb travels in a straight line across the floor, leaving a trail of ink and bouncing off of any wall or obstacle it encounters. It explodes after it has traveled its maximum distance. The maximum distance of the Curling Bomb may be shortened by charging, or 'cooking' it with before release - unless it is coming from a Curling-Bomb Launcher, in which case, this increases its travel distance. 'Cooking' the Curling Bomb also causes it to grow larger, increasing the amount of turf it inks as it travels and the size of its blast radius.
While traveling, the Curling Bomb deals 20 damage to enemies it comes into contact with. Upon detonation, it deals 150 damage to enemies in the main blast radius and 30 damage to enemies in the outer blast radius.
The Curling Bomb is comparable to the Seeker from Splatoon, though it excels in path-making as it cannot be 'distracted' by enemy Inklings and Octolings. The wall-bouncing and cooking capabilities of the Curling Bomb also hold versatility over the Seeker.
- The circle on the top of the Curling Bomb displays the amount of time left before it detonates.
- As it approaches its maximum distance, the Curling Bomb makes the same sound effect as a primed Splat Bomb.
- The Curling Bomb slows down as it approaches its maximum distance.
- LEDs surrounding the handle of the Curling Bomb light up as the bomb is 'cooked'.
- If the player remains idle after deploying the Curling Bomb, the player remains in a weaponless stance and performs a fist pump and nod upon the bomb exploding.
- If the player is low on ink and tries to release a Curling Bomb, they look down at their hand to see nothing, instead of looking back like other sub weapons.
An Inkling throwing a Curling Bomb
|View the quotation page.|
- The Curling Bomb looks similar to a stone used in the sport curling, hence the name.
- There are no sloshers or brellas that have Curling Bombs as their sub weapon.
- On most stages, Curling Bombs can be thrown over certain walls and barriers by standing very close it then throwing it over at maximum jump height.
- There are no weapons that have Curling Bombs as their sub and Ink Armor as their Special weapon.
Names in other languages
|French||Bombe curling||Curling bomb|
|Italian||Bomba curling||Curling bomb|
|Spanish||Bomba deslizante||Sliding bomb|