When deployed, the Curling Bomb travels in a straight line across the floor, leaving a trail of Ink and bouncing off of any wall or obstacle it encounters. It explodes after it has traveled its maximum distance. The maximum distance of the Curling Bomb may be shortened by charging, or 'cooking' it with before release unless it is coming from a Curling-Bomb Launcher (in that case, holding will increase its travel distance). 'Cooking' the Curling Bomb will also cause it to grow larger, increasing the amount of turf it inks as it travels and the size of its blast radius.
While traveling, the Curling Bomb will do 20 damage to enemy inklings it comes into contact with. Upon detonation it will deal 150 damage to enemy inklings in the main blast radius, and 30 damage to enemy inklings in the outer blast radius.
The Curling Bomb is comparable to the Seeker from Splatoon, though it excels in path-making as it cannot be 'distracted' by enemy Inklings and Octolings. The wall-bouncing and cooking capabilities of the Curling Bomb also hold versatility over the Seeker.
- The circle on the top of the Curling Bomb displays the amount of time left before it detonates.
- As it approaches its maximum distance, the Curling Bomb will make the same sound effect as a primed Splat Bomb.
- The Curling Bomb will slow as it approaches its maximum distance.
- LEDs surrounding the handle of the Curling Bomb will light up as the bomb is 'cooked'.
- If the player remains idle after deploying the Curling Bomb, the player will remain in a weaponless stance, and will preform a fist pump nod upon the Bomb exploding.
- If the player is low on ink and tries to release a Curling Bomb, they'll look down at their hand to see nothing instead of looking back like other sub weapons
An Inkling throwing a Curling Bomb.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Curling Bomb looks similar to a stone used in the sport Curling, hence the name.
- There are no Sloshers or Brellas that have Curling Bomb as their sub weapon.
Names in other languages
|French||Bombe curling||Curling bomb|
|Italian||Bomba curling||Curling bomb|
|Spanish||Bomba deslizante||Sliding bomb|