When deployed, the Curling Bomb travels in a straight line across the floor, leaving a trail of Ink and bouncing off of any wall or obstacle it encounters. It explodes after it has traveled its maximum distance. The maximum distance of the Curling Bomb may be shortened by charging, or 'cooking' it with before release.
While travelling, the Curling Bomb will do 30 damage to enemy inklings it comes into contact with. Upon detonation it will deal 150 damage to enemy inklings in the main blast radius, and 30 damage to enemy inklings in the outer blast radius.
The Curling Bomb is comparable to the Seeker from Splatoon, though it excels in path-making as it cannot be 'distracted' by enemy Inklings. The wall-bouncing and cooking capabilities of the Curling Bomb also hold versatility over the Seeker.
- As it approaches its maximum distance, the Curling Bomb will make the same sound effect as a primed Splat Bomb.
- The Curling Bomb will slow as it approaches its maximum distance.
- LEDs surrounding the handle of the Curling Bomb will light up as the bomb is 'cooked'.
- If the player remains idle after deploying the Curling Bomb, the player will remain in a weaponless stance, and will preform a fist pump nod upon the Bomb exploding.
- — Fixed an issue causing Curling Bombs to lose speed inappropriately when thrown on sloping surfaces.
- ▼ Extended the interval between use and when ink begins refilling by 15/60 of a second.
- ▼ Reduced the radius at which the blast can deal 30.0 damage to an opponent by roughly 13%.
- The Curling Bomb looks similar to a stone used in the sport Curling, hence the name.
An Inkling throwing a Curling Bomb.
Names in other languages
|French||Bombe curling||Curling bomb|
|Italian||Bomba curling||Curling bomb|
|Spanish||Bomba deslizante||Sliding bomb|
Weapons in Splatoon 2