It is a slosher-type weapon that shoots a row of four small bubbles which are able to bounce along the ground and off walls. The weapon boasts fairly long range and is able to splat opponents in a single shot if all four bubbles connect. The bubbles do not suffer from any type of damage decay, doing a consistent 30 damage regardless of range. The distance the bubbles are able to travel varies greatly depending on the amount of obstructions in their way, the bubbles will gradually shrink as they travel before vanishing. Colliding with walls or inclining surfaces will reduce the travel range of the bubble, as well as cause them to shrink faster.
The Bloblobber is a small black bathtub with a white inside. Unlike a traditional bathtub, the Bloblobber has no legs and has extra supports and a handle. It is also small enough to hold.
- The Bloblobber is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 150. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The ink consumption of 8% allows players to attack 12 times before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially attacking in humanoid form, the first shot takes 6 frames to come out.
- When attacking from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 10 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or octopus or use a sub weapon is 25 frames.
- The interval at which the player can repeatedly swing is 32 frames.
- When attacking while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.5 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The maximum damage of the big bubble is 30.
- Small bubbles: 30
- The minimum damage of the big bubble is 30.
- Small bubbles: 30
- The collision radius of the big bubble against the environment is 7.5 units.
- Small bubbles: 5 units
- The collision radius of the big bubble against players is 8 units.
- Small bubbles: 5.2 units
- Projectiles travel straight for 32 frames.
- The draw radius of the big bubble is 8 units.
- Small bubbles: 5.2 units
- The paint radius of the big bubble scales from 12 units at a distance of 50 units to 12 units at a distance of 200 units.
- Small bubbles: 8.65 units at a distance of 50 units to 8.65 units at a distance of 200 units.
- All other paint splashes have a radius of 22 units.
After the blob law was passed, I created the Bloblobber to lob lawful blob bombs. Read the whole story on my Bloblobber blob law blog! Ahem... The design was inspired by a bathtub, and each fling of it unleashes four bouncing blobs! The Splash Wall sub provides cover from enemy attacks, and the Ink Storm special allows you to zone enemies and support your team! This set's a must for anyone looking to draw attention with bounding, lawful blobs, while also reminding your opponents to take a bath!
|“||Inspired by a bathtub, the Bloblobber lobs lawful blob bombs (hardly a way to make anyone clean in our opinion). It comes with the Splash Wall to provide cover from enemy attacks and the Ink Storm special to support your teammates.||”|
For competitive tips about the Bloblobber
|View the strategy page.|
- According to datamining of the original Splatoon, before its announcement the Slosher was originally going to be called the Bloblobber.
- The Bloblobber is the only slosher that can splat opponents with one press of .
- It also the only slosher that fires multiple projectiles with a single press of .
- Early data mining of the Bloblobber (still under the codename "bathtub" at the time) showed it throwing three bouncing blobs in three directions, similar to the Tri-Slosher. Each blob would do 35 damage, and the center blob was significantly larger than the other two.
- Due to being released after it, the Bloblobber, along with the Explosher, Ballpoint Splatling and Nautilus are the only main weapons not included in the Octo Expansion.
- As of Version 5.5.0 the Bloblobber, along with the Explosher and the Ballpoint Splatling, are the only main weapons in Splatoon 2 to possess the dubious distinction of exclusively receiving nerfs through the various updates that followed their releases.
The Bloblobber is a combination of Blob and Lobber, coming together to mean "One that lobs blobs", referring exactly to what the weapon does. The "verb" Bloblob can be separated into two blobs as well.
Names in other languages
|From オーバーフロー, "overflow" + 風呂(フロ), "bath" + スロッシャー, "slosher"|
|Dutch||Spatkuip||From spat, "spatter" + kuip, "tub"|
|French||Bassineur||From bassin, "basin" + dessineur, "one who draws/paints"|
|Italian||Secchiostro vasca||Slosher bathtub|
From ванна vanna (bath), and ган gun
|Spanish||Derramatic baño||Bath slosher|
- [https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1024128352725037056 SplatoonJP on Twitter]
- Splatoon 2 - Parameter Database