The Ultra Stamp appears to be an oversized squeaky toy hammer with an ink tank formed from a white-capped plastic jug. Its handle is neon yellow, with the rim between the tank and mallet face on blue. The mallet face and ink tank change color with the user's ink. On the front of the mallet face is a pattern cropped from the SquidForce logo, which is also used as the Regular Battle logo. A white band around the handle has the Nouveau logo, while the ink tank has the Octopus Oil logo and the Nouveau logo.
The Ultra Stamp was announced on 29 October 2018. It was released on 7 November 2018 as part of Version 4.2.0. Preliminary versions of the weapon were found by data miners starting with Version 4.0.0, under the code name "SuperStamp".
When activated, the player holds a gigantic plastic mallet in front of them, which continuously stamps ink on the floor while running and provides almost total cover from the front while leaving the back exposed. Take note that in the few frames that the stamp is swinging in the air, the player is still vulnerable from the front and can be splatted. Pressing swings the mallet and strikes it on the floor, and holding it down lets the player move forward quickly while splatting enemies in the way. Turning is fairly slow in this state. In the air, players can press the attack button to swing the mallet once at high speed, which is a smaller yet fairly efficient attack for splatting opponents directly, while pressing throws the mallet and ends the special prematurely. Players cannot ride a Ride rail while using an Ultra Stamp. If a player equips one while riding one, they fall off the rail.
|“||Attack with an enormous hammer.
Press and hold to advance while striking with the hammer.
If you press and release , you'll throw the hammer far into the distance to attack, and the special will end.
Teaser image from Version 4.1.0.
- The Ultra Stamp was shown in the Version 4.0.0 trailer, but neither the Kensa Octobrush nor the Kensa L-3 Nozzlenose were made available until Version 4.2.0.
- The weapons with the smallest special gauges for Ultra Stamp, are the Sploosh-o-matic 7, Kensa L-3 Nozzlenose, Kensa Octobrush, and Kensa Mini Splatling at 180p each. The largest is the Tenta Camo Brella at 210p.
- There are no chargers, blasters, sloshers or dualies with the Ultra Stamp as their special weapon, nor is it paired with Burst Bombs, Curling Bombs, Autobombs, Point Sensors, Sprinklers, Squid Beakons, Fizzy Bombs or Torpedoes for their sub weapon.
- There was an exploit in which a player could build up momentum with the Ultra Stamp to make major shortcuts in multiple stages. This exploit caused numerous problems in matches, including excessive base invasion. Starfish Mainstage was temporarily removed from the stage rotation while the bug underwent fixing.
- There is another exploit in which Ultra Stamps can be thrown through certain walls. This glitch requires a wall directly in front of the player and one to the right, forming a corner. By continuously walking into the corner and pointing the camera at the correct angle, the Ultra Stamp can be thrown through the wall. This still works as of Version 5.5.0.
- The Ultra Stamp and Booyah Bomb are the two least common special weapons in Splatoon 2, with each only appearing in five weapon sets.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Mega timbro||Mega stamp|
|From печать pechat' (stamp) and припечатать pripechatat' (to seal)|