|“||Say hello to our little friends.||”|
— SplatoonUK on Splatlings
Splatlings are one of the five Main Weapon classifications in Splatoon. These Gatling gun/Rotary cannon-style weapons are somewhat similar to Chargers, in that they must charge for a short time to increase effectiveness. However, rather than extending damage and range, a Splatling's charge increases its fire duration. While their stats do vary, they all have a high fire rate (equal to the Aerospray), low damage (equal to that of the Splattershot Jr.), and impressive range.
List of Splatlings
- The Heavy Splatling Series
- Heavy Splatling – The first available Splatling in Splatoon. It has to be charged in bursts before it can fire, but has a very impressive range and high fire rate. Comes with Splash Walls and the Inkstrike.
- The Mini Splatling Series
- Mini Splatling – A smaller Splatling with a fast charge time and better mobility at the cost of some range and firing duration. It comes in a set with Suction Bombs and the Inkzooka.
- The Hydra Splatling Series
- Hydra Splatling – A massive tank of a Splatling. It boasts a tremendous range rivaling that of Chargers but has a very slow charge rate and low mobility. It comes in a set with Splat Bombs and the Echolocator.
- The Mini Splatling series
- The Heavy Splatling series
- Heavy Splatling – The Heavy Splatling returns for Splatoon 2. It comes with the Sprinklers sub and the Sting Ray special.
The Heavy Splatling.
The Heavy Splatling Deco.
The Mini Splatling.
The Zink Mini Splatling.
The Hydra Splatling.
Promo image of a male Inkling posing with a Heavy Splatling (no background).
A female Inkling firing a Heavy Splatling at Flounder Heights.
Names in other languages