The Inkzooka has the second-longest range of any weapon in the game, only bested by the E-liter 3K weapons. The E-liters fire up to seven lines of distance in the Shooting Range when fully charged, while the Inkzooka reaches only about six and a half.
- The Inkzooka is well-suited for taking out camping enemies, especially ones using chargers who often stay out of range of most weapons.
- The projectile of the Inkzooka is the tip of the tornado. Therefore, if the tornado top hits an overhead obstruction, the whole pillar stops. A way to counter this is to aim downwards, thus decreasing the weapon's arc and avoiding overhead obstructions.
- An easy way to avoid an Inkzooka is to simply stay out of the user's line of sight. While they can still use their sub weapon, using it wastes some of the Inkzooka's duration for shooting.
- Without abilities, six shots can be fired from an Inkzooka. If an enemy activates it, listen for how many times they fire; if it reaches six, the coast is likely clear after that.
- Though the Inkzooka does not return in Splatoon 2, a drawing of one appears on a Sunken Scroll explaining the absence of Splatoon's special weapons. Its role is indirectly replaced by the Inkjet, in that they both shoot out large explosive ink projectiles.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Inkzooka was originally called the "Ink Launcher", as seen in an image from before Splatoon's release.
- During the 2014 E3 Demo, the Inkzooka was referred to as a "Super Weapon".
- If one looks closely, the text on the Inkzooka is in the Inkling language.
- The Inkzooka was the first playable special weapon, available during the 2014 E3 Demo.
- The Inkzooka appears in more weapon sets than any other special weapon, at sixteen.
- According to The Art of Splatoon, the Inkzooka utilizes the ink from Inklings who are in an intense emotional state.
- This could also be true for all special weapons, due to players' tentacles glowing and their determined facial expressions.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Lance-tornades||From Lance-roquettes (Rocket Launcher) and Tornades (Tornado).|
|German||Tintzooka||From Tinte (Ink) and Bazooka.|
|Italian||Turbinator||From Turbine (Whirl) and Terminator.|
|Spanish (NOA)||Cañón Ciclón||Cyclone Cannon|