The Classic Squiffer was released on August 19th, 2017 at 02:00 UTC.
The Classic Squiffer. For a charger, it's a bit short on range, but in return it can charge up much quicker. Use the Point Sensor to sniff out hidden opponents, allowing you and your allies to overrun and outnumber marked enemies! Even though it's a charger, the short charge time and the power when using the Ink Armor special allow you to jump into the fray! This set is great for the Inkling who's confident with a charger in close quarters.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers when flinging ink by roughly 30%
- ▲ When storing a charged shot with a Charger, swimming into enemy ink and being returned to kid form now allows you to maintain the charge you had stored.
- — Fixed an issue preventing players using a Charger from shooting when pressing again after releasing the button once a stored charged shot had expired.
The Classic Squiffer is in a set with the Point Sensor and Bubbler. It is a type of Charger weapon that charges faster than a Splat Charger, has higher attack power, and uses less ink, but suffers from less range.
|“||A charger equipped with a miniaturized ink compression tank. The charge time is short, but it still packs a serious punch. The range leaves a little to be desired.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)
|“||A Charger equipped with a miniaturised ink compression tank. The charge time is short, but it still packs a serious punch. The range leaves a little to be desired.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)
|“||Classic Squiffer report! We’ve got some hot new info on a cool new weapon! This charger-class gun comes equipped with a miniaturized ink compression tank. Apparently the charge time is short, but it still packs a serious punch! Sounds like the range leaves a little to be desired, though. Also, despite the fact that the ink tank looks like a recycled cleaning-spray bottle, we haven’t been able to confirm whether or not this weapon is good for attacking household surfaces. I’m guessing not, but who knows… Maybe it can cut grease and shine your kitchen counters in addition to blasting Turf War opponents!||”|
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- Defense Up helps Squiffer players win fights with charger players, ensuring that the Squiffer charges lethal shots much faster than a Splat Charger or E-liter 3K player that uses Damage Up to reduce their lethal charge times.
- Fully-charged shots can consume a fair amount of ink, and the Ink Saver Main ability will reduce the amount of ink each shot requires. Therefore, running out of ink will happen less often.
- Bomb Range Up will allow Point Sensors to be thrown farther than usual, allowing Classic Squiffer users to track down those foes who might be hiding nearby.
- If a foe does advance and come a little too close for comfort, the Bubbler can help. Having Special Charge Up will increase the rate at which the special gauge fills, allowing the Bubbler to be used more often.
- Along with Special Charge Up, Special Saver allows for the Bubbler to be used more often for defense by conserving some of the special gauge after being splatted.
An Inkling using the Classic Squiffer.
Sunken Scroll 18, with the Classic Squiffer at the lower right.
- The Classic Squiffer appears to be designed after a spray bottle.
Names in other languages
|Squicklean alpha, portmanteau of "squid", "quick" and "clean", and from Japanese famous detergent named マジックリン majikkurin Magiclean|
|French (NOA)||Lignizateur alpha|
|French (NOE)||Décap'express Alpha|
|Italian||Kalamarapid α||Portmanteau of calamaro (squid) and rapid.|
|Spanish (NOA)||Delineador (Splatoon)
Delineador X (Splatoon 2)
Eyeliner X (Splatoon 2)
|Spanish (NOE)||Kalarrapid α||Portmanteau of calamar(squid) and rapid(rapid)|