The Classic Squiffer-for a charge weapon, it's lacking in range, but in return it can charge up much faster.
Use the Bubbler to get in close after zeroing in on your opponents with the Point Sensor!
This set is an excellent choice for fighters who are confident taking out foes with a decisive shot.(NA)[a]
|“||A charger equipped with a miniaturized ink compression tank. The charge time is short, but it still packs a serious punch. The range leaves a little to be desired.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)[a]
|“||A Charger equipped with a miniaturised ink compression tank. The charge time is short, but it still packs a serious punch. The range leaves a little to be desired.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)[b]
|“||Classic Squiffer report! We’ve got some hot new info on a cool new weapon! This charger-class gun comes equipped with a miniaturized ink compression tank. Apparently the charge time is short, but it still packs a serious punch! Sounds like the range leaves a little to be desired, though. Also, despite the fact that the ink tank looks like a recycled cleaning-spray bottle, we haven’t been able to confirm whether or not this weapon is good for attacking household surfaces. I’m guessing not, but who knows… Maybe it can cut grease and shine your kitchen counters in addition to blasting Turf War opponents!||”|
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
An Inkling using the Classic Squiffer
Sunken Scroll 18, with the Classic Squiffer at the lower right
A prerelease screenshot with the original name and sub weapon of the Classic Squiffer
- The Classic Squiffer is a middleweight weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 1.867% to 10.5% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 10.5% allows players to fire 9 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- It takes 0.75 seconds to fully charge the weapon.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 25%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 100%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 0.75 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.3 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 40 to 80 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 140.
- Shot velocity scales from 24 to 36 depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 93 to 168 depending on the charge level.
The Classic Squiffer. For a charger, it's a bit short on range, but in return it can charge up much quicker. Use the Point Sensor to sniff out hidden opponents, allowing you and your allies to overrun and outnumber marked enemies! Even though it's a charger, the short charge time and the power when using the Ink Armor special allow you to jump into the fray! This set is great for the Inkling who's confident with a charger in close quarters.
- The Classic Squiffer appears to be designed after a spray bottle.
- The Squiffer was originally called "Quick Ink Rifle", as seen in an image from before Splatoon's release, and it came with Splat Bombs and the Bubbler. This set was later given to the Splattershot Jr. and Splat Bombs were given to a charger with the Splatterscope.
- With maximum Main Power Up this weapon outranges the Bamboozler, though not by much.
- This weapon is used on the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
|Squicklean alpha, portmanteau of "squid", "quick" and "clean", and from Japanese famous detergent named マジックリン majikkurin Magiclean|
|Dutch||Octopoets||From octo and poets (polish)|
|French (NOA)||Lignizateur alpha|
|French (NOE)||Décap'express Alpha||Express Scourer α|
|Italian||Kalamarapid α||Portmanteau of calamaro (squid) and rapid.|
|Spanish (NOA)||Delineador (Splatoon)
Delineador X (Splatoon 2)
Eyeliner X (Splatoon 2)
|Spanish (NOE)||Kalarrapid α||Portmanteau of calamar(squid) and rapid(rapid)|