The weapon fires projectiles in an arc similar to the Sloshing Machine, though instead of an indirect splash radius that follows the projectile, the Explosher fires a projectile that will explode upon hitting a surface. Unlike other projectiles in the game, the Explosher's projectiles do not dissipate nor explode upon a direct hit on a target, instead piercing through the target completely until it hits a solid surface. Direct hits with the Explosher's projectile will deal 55 damage while the explosion will deal 35 damage, due to its unique properties, it is possible to deal 90 damage in a single shot if the target takes a direct hit and is within the explosion's range. The main projectile does not suffer falloff damage, and the explosion damage is not gradated, so a single shot against a target can only deal exactly 35, 55 or 90 damage.
The Explosher is a jet heater fitted into a large olive-green jerrycan with a metal pipe going around it and serving as the handle. It has an orange shock absorber spring on each side and on the front is a pressure gauge and a shuttered opening serving as the weapon's muzzle. The inside of the Explosher radiates a light with the user's ink color, appearing to be superheated. There is also heat distortion rising from the muzzle.
|Special Charge Up||Incearses rate of "farming" of Bubble Blower.|
|Object Shredder||Allows you to detonate your bubbles quicker|
- The weapon's unique infinite piercing trait does not translate to Salmon Run bosses. All bosses will act like a wall and cannot be pierced through.
- The Explosher's shots can destroy the Flyfish's missile launchers in place of a Splat Bomb.
This Explosher is a reporpoised industrial heater modified to fling piping-hot ink long distances!
Its shots explode on contact with walls and the ground, so it's handy for hitting foes who like to hide!
The Sprinkler sub is a great way to expand your turf-inking power while making it easier for allies to move!
Pile on the pressure with the Bubble Blower by cutting off their escape route and taking them out!
Using the sub and special weapons with help from your team makes this a really aggressive set!
|“||Now here’s a unique weapon indeed – the Explosher! Seemingly made from an industrial heater, you’ll be able to fling ink great distances—ink that explodes on contact with walls and floors. The Sprinkler and Bubble Blower make this a particularly aggressive set.||”|
An Octoling boy (left) holding the Explosher
An Octoling Boy holding the Explosher at Walleye Warehouse.
- The Explosher was first shown during E3 2018, as part of the announcement of updates extending until December 2018.
- The Explosher's stats, under the codename "Washtub" were datamined from the Version 3.0.0 data prior to its official announcement.
- The Explosher is fairly unique in a variety of ways.
- It is the only non-rare main weapon capable of destroying the Flyfish's launchers without assistance from a player's bomb or special.
- Due to the weapon being based on a jet heater, a visible heat distortion effect can be seen around the barrel of the weapon, making it the only weapon to have this effect.
Its name is a portmanteau between explosion and slosher.
Names in other languages
|French||Détoneur||Detonator + toner. Comes from détoner (to detonate) and toneur|
|Italian||Termosecchiostro||Thermo-slosher (From secchio "bucket" and inchiostro "ink")|
|From oshparivat', "to scald" + "gun"|
|Spanish (NOA)||Derramatic XP||Portmanteau of derramar (to pour) and automático (Automatic) + XP|
|Spanish (NOE)||Derramatic turbo||Portmanteau of derramar (to pour) and automático (Automatic) + turbo|