The weapon fires projectiles in an arc similar to the Sloshing Machine, though instead of an indirect splash radius that follows the projectile, the Explosher fires a projectile that will explode upon hitting a surface. Unlike other projectiles in the game, the Explosher's projectiles do not dissipate nor explode upon a direct hit on a target, instead piercing through the target completely until it hits a solid surface. Direct hits with the Explosher's projectile will deal 55 damage while the explosion will deal 35 damage, due to its unique properties, it is possible to deal 90 damage in a single shot if the target takes a direct hit and is within the explosion's range. The main projectile does not suffer falloff damage, and the explosion damage is not gradated, so a single shot against a target can only deal exactly 35, 55 or 90 damage.
The Explosher is a jet heater fitted into a large olive-green jerrycan with a metal pipe going around it and serving as the handle. It has an orange shock absorber spring on each side and on the front is a pressure gauge and a shuttered opening serving as the weapon's muzzle. The inside of the Explosher radiates a light with the user's ink color, appearing to be superheated. There is also heat distortion rising from the muzzle.
- The weapon's unique infinite piercing trait does not translate to Salmon Run bosses. All bosses will act like a wall and cannot be pierced through.
- The Explosher's shots can destroy the Flyfish's missile launchers in place of a Splat Bomb.
- The Explosher is a heavyweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 11.7% allows players to attack 8 times before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially attacking in humanoid form, the first shot takes 16 frames to come out.
- When attacking from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 20 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or octopus or use a sub weapon is 35 frames.
- The interval at which the player can repeatedly swing is 55 frames.
- When attacking while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.45 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 70 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Attacks will pierce through opponents.
- The maximum damage of direct hits is 55.
- The minimum damage of direct hits is 55.
- Projectiles from the Explosher will explode when they collide with the environment.
- The explosion damage is 35.
- The explosion damage radius is 28 units.
- The explosion knockback radius is 50 units.
- The collision radius of direct hits against the environment is 2.5 units.
- The collision radius of direct hits against players is 4 units.
- Projectiles travel straight for 8 frames.
- The draw radius of direct hits is 7 units.
- The paint radius of direct hits scales from 19 units at a distance of 50 units to 19 units at a distance of 150 units.
- All other paint splashes have a radius of 13 units.
This Explosher is a reporpoised industrial heater modified to fling piping-hot ink long distances!
Its shots explode on contact with walls and the ground, so it's handy for hitting foes who like to hide!
The Sprinkler sub is a great way to expand your turf-inking power while making it easier for allies to move!
Pile on the pressure with the Bubble Blower by cutting off their escape route and taking them out!
Using the sub and special weapons with help from your team makes this a really aggressive set!
|“||Now here’s a unique weapon indeed – the Explosher! Seemingly made from an industrial heater, you’ll be able to fling ink great distances—ink that explodes on contact with walls and floors. The Sprinkler and Bubble Blower make this a particularly aggressive set.||”|
An Octoling boy (left) holding the Explosher
An Octoling Boy holding the Explosher at Walleye Warehouse.
- The Explosher was first shown during E3 2018, as part of the announcement of updates extending until December 2018.
- The Explosher's stats, under the codename "Washtub" were datamined from the Version 3.0.0 data prior to its official announcement.
- The Explosher is fairly unique in a variety of ways.
- It is the only non-rare main weapon capable of destroying the Flyfish's launchers without assistance from a player's bomb or special.
- Due to the weapon being based on a jet heater, a visible heat distortion effect can be seen around the barrel of the weapon, making it the only weapon to have this effect.
Its name is a portmanteau between explosion and slosher.
Names in other languages
|French||Détoneur||Detonator + toner. Comes from détoner (to detonate) and toneur|
|Italian||Termosecchiostro||Thermo-slosher (From secchio "bucket" and inchiostro "ink")|
From ошпаривать oshparivat' (to scald), and ган gun
|Spanish (NOA)||Derramatic XP||Portmanteau of derramar (to pour) and automático (Automatic) + XP|
|Spanish (NOE)||Derramatic turbo||Portmanteau of derramar (to pour) and automático (Automatic) + turbo|