|“||Callie: There are so many boxes passing through here!
Marie: Maybe people should cut down on online shopping...
Walleye Warehouse is a close-quarters stage, featuring a plethora of obstacles such as crates, boxes, and conveyor belts. Beginning from each team's spawn point on opposite sides of the symmetrical arena, narrow areas lead into the central battlefield. Multiple small, hidden pathways are also present on both sides of the stage.
It is possible to fall through the fencing that lines the map. If a player falls through they will go out-of-bounds and respawn back at their respective base.
- Central Battlefield – The Central Battlefield is a large, open area with towers of stacked crates serving as vantage points for players. Most of the fighting takes place here.
- Side Passages – There are four side passages in this stage: 2 high elevation, and 2 low elevation. They are all accessed on the left or right sides of the arena and lead to small pockets on the side of the central battlefield. The side passages also serve as a relatively quick path to the enemies' base.
The Splat Zone in this map is located in the central battlefield, with half on one side, half on the other. The stacked crates are at the center of the zone. In order to gain control of the zone, a team will have to take control of both sides and defend the opposing side from enemy ink in order to keep the zone.
The tower is located in the middle of the map, up high the platform. The tower will just go straight forward and go to the finish which is in front of the rival spawn point.
The Rainmaker in Walleye Warehouse starts in the center of the U shaped crates. The goal is located directly right from the bottom of the ramp at the opposing team's base. The blocks from the Splat Zones and Tower Control maps for Walleye Warehouse are still in their same spots, as well as some new blocks added for cover from the Rainmaker's ink tornadoes, and for the person holding the Rainmaker to quickly get up the ink resistant ramps.
- Given the shape of the area around the spawn points, it is possible to pin an entire team into their spawn area with enough firepower. While this is very uncommon, should it actually happen, it can lead to an overwhelming victory.
- In Splat Zones, it can be very easy to get flanked while the Splat Zone is under your team's control, so checking the areas to the sides of the Splat Zone can ensure that you won't get attacked by surprise later in the game.
Walleye Warehouse underwent a series of changes between its development period and release. The pre-release version included many differences, such as:
- The crates near teams' bases were fully inkable.
- The ramps used to access different levels of teams' bases were fully inkable.
- There were large crates hanging from moving hooks in the Central Battlefield.
- The current stack of boxes in the Central Battlefield was not present.
- The Side Passages were not present.
- Stairs were used to access teams' Spawn Points.
- Walleye Warehouse was one of the two playable stages during the Splatoon Global Testfire, alongside Saltspray Rig.
- Callie and Marie once held a part-time job here prior to hosting Inkopolis News.
- The map's name is a reference to the real-life walleye. The fish shares some similarities with the map itself, with its dark olive or brown color and somewhat rectangular shape, similar to the many containers in the warehouse.
- Walleye Warehouse, Kelp Dome, and Ancho-V Games are the only stages located entirely indoors.
- Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall are the only stages available from the game's initial release not to be featured in Octo Valley missions.
- A chiming sound can be heard just before the match ends.
|View the quotation page.|
An Inkling at Walleye Warehouse during Splatfest.
An Inkling exploring Walleye Warehouse during Splatfest.
An Inkling looking through Walleye Warehouse during the Cat/Dog Splatfest.
Promo for Splat Zones at Walleye Warehouse.
Results of a Turf War in Walleye Warehouse.
Names in other languages
|French||Encrepôt||A portmanteau of "encre" (ink) and "entrepôt" (warehouse).|
|Spanish||Almacén Rodaballo||Turbot Warehouse|
|Locations in Splatoon 2|