Mahi-Mahi Resort is a multiplayer stage in Splatoon. It takes place insde a swimming pool next to a large hotel. After ninety seconds, the water level will change, opening up additional turf and modifying the height of certain platforms.
Mahi-Mahi Resort is a series of platforms located in a squid-shaped swimming pool next to a large hotel. It features a plethora of grates and inkable surfaces of various elevations, and is surrounded entirely by water. Mahi-Mahi Resort is unique in the fact that when a round is halfway over, the water level recedes, and a large section of the stage that was previously inaccessible is uncovered by the receding water. Some platforms also rise during this time. All of the floating platforms in Mahi-Mahi Resort can be found here in the center. They get lower in elevation as the water recedes, halfway through a match. There are three high platforms in the center, providing higher points to attack from, and can be used as an easy way to quickly reach the enemy team's base at the beginning of a match. Two towers become visible once the water level lowers, providing a little more cover from attacks, and a place to attack from. side platforms can be found close to the center, surrounded by water. These can provide good sniping points for chargers. When the water recedes, two platforms rise, creating more vantage points and area to cover.
Ranked Battle Terrain
In Ranked Battle, specifications for the terrain or placement of objects are different between the modes; these changes create new paths or new objects to take cover behind.
In Splat Zones, the block in the center has been removed, and a platform covers the moat and acts as the Splat zone. Once a team's meter reaches 60, the water level drops, revealing the many platforms under the water's surface, creating cover, and more area to move about. A few walls have been added to provide cover and space to move/attack.
The Tower in Mahi-Mahi Resort starts off in the center of the map, on top of a block that can be climbed by only 2 sides of it, it goes to the enemy's base around flotating platforms and higher ground, The water level drops at the beginning.
The Rainmaker in Mahi-Mahi Resort starts off in the center of the map, on top of a large crate. Each goal is located in their respective team's base, on the level right below. A few floating platforms have been added and some boxes have been placed to aid the player carrying the rainmaker to proceed to the goal. A row of balloons has also been extended to block Rainmaker shots. Once the Rainmaker's meter reaches 40 , the water level drops, revealing more platforms, walls and a ramp to make traveling into the enemy's base easier.
Two Inklings battling from Mahi-Mahi Resort's platforms.
A bird's-eye view when Super Jumping.
An Inkling with an Inkbrush standing on one of the platforms.
Several jellyfish floating on inflatable rafts on Mahi-Mahi Resort.
|View the quotation page.|
- This stage is named after the mahi-mahi, a surface-dwelling fish found in off-shore temperate, tropical, and subtropical waters.
- When playing Splat Zones or Rainmaker on Recon, the water level drops at 2:30.
- Behind each Spawn Point is a wall patterned with the Ammo Knights logo. Both change to match the respective teams' Ink colors.
- The Inkling text on one of the buildings loosely resembles the words "MAHIMAHI RESORT & SPA", its full name in Japanese.
- The surrounding buildings are similar to those at Aulani, a Disney resort and spa.
- Under some of the rafts in the water, an Inkline logo can be seen.
- The internal codename for this stage in the game files is "Hiagari", from the Japanese 乾上り / 干上がり (ひあがり) "To dry up".
Names in other languages
Mahimahi Rizōto ando Supa
|Mahi-Mahi Resort & Spa|
|French (NOA)||Spa C-ta-C|
|French (NOE)||Club Ca$halot||"Ca$halot" is Cash (money) + "Cachalot" (sperm whale).|
|Spanish||Spa Cala Bacalao||Cod cove spa|
- On Thursday, 12/3, at 6:00 PM PT, the new stage.... Live From Squid Research Lab (2015-12-02). Retrieved on 2015 December 2.