The spawn areas are on raised areas and are inaccessible to the other team. Uninkable tents are located on the right of the spawn area. The first drop is an open area that also goes to the right, underneath the tents. The open area is accessible to the other team by ramps. Another tent is more forward to the open area. To the left of the open area is a raised area that goes to the left of the ramps. The center is slightly more raised than the lower area and has large uninkable boxes surrounding it. To the left and right of the center are wide paths that allow more flanks and additional access to the middle.
Ranked Battle terrain
In Ranked Battles, specifications for the terrain or placement of objects are different between the modes; these changes create new paths or new objects to take cover behind.
The Splat Zone takes up a majority of the middle, in between the two raised uninkable towers. A block is added to the right-side route to allow easier access to the higher ground and blocks on the right side of spawn have been removed. Other than that, the stage is similar to the Turf War layout.
The Tower starts in the middle of the stage, replacing the block that is usually there. The tower strays towards the right for almost the entirety of its route until it goes up the ramps leading towards the first drop-down from spawn. After it goes up these ramps, it is only a short distance until it reaches the goal. The left side route now ramps up to be even to the middle section.
|In Splatoon 3, checkpoints have been added:
|The first checkpoint is located at the end of the right-side route.
|The second checkpoint is located on the ramps that lead down to the middle of the stage
|The third checkpoint is located towards the first drop-down from spawn.
The Rainmaker starts on top of the block in the middle of the stage. The checkpoints are located just before entering the ramps to the opponent's spawn, or on the left of the tent near the middle. The left area is now accessible to the other team and blocks have been adjusted. The goal is located near the middle of the opponent's base.
The Clam Basket is located towards the left of the first drop-down from the player's team's spawn. The stage is similar to the Rainmaker layout, but the tents closest to the middle now have a climbable wall. An ink rail is added in the middle of the user's base to allow easier access to the tent.
Hagglefish Market was released with the launch of Splatoon 3.
A slightly less cropped version of the stage icon
An overview shot of Hagglefish Market
The Splat Zone in the center of Hagglefish Market
The background in the direction of Crableg Capital after Version 5.0.0
Hagglefish Market seen from Crableg Capital
|View the quotation page.
- There are several stacks of cardboard boxes on the stage. When hit by players, they scatter and fade after a couple seconds.
- The name of the stage in English is a pun on the fish species Hagfish, and "haggle", which means to negotiate or bargain.
- During one of Deep Cut's Anarchy Splatcast discussions about the stage, one of the vendors there buys the treasure the trio finds at The Crater.
- This stage can be seen from Crableg Capital.
- Additionally, in Version 5.0.0, Hagglefish Market was updated to show Crableg Capital in the background.
Names in other languages
|Immediate payment market[note 1]
|Grefin Market, from aiglefin (haddock)
|Snapper Bazaar[note 2]
Yānguǎnyú shìchǎng (Mandarin)
Yānguǎnyú shìchǎng (Mandarin)
|Same as English
|Derived from the stage's Japanese name.
- From boter bij de vis (literally, "butter with the fish") meaning immediate payment at the moment of sale, and markt ("market").
- Schnapperchen is a fusion of Schnäppchen (bargain) and the fish Schnapper ("snapper").