Inkopolis Square is the main hub of Splatoon 2. Players can access different game modes and shops. Players can also post images to social media, that may be shown on other players' games.
Inkopolis Square's main area is much smaller than Inkopolis Plaza.
At the far north side of the square is the Battle Lobby which allows the player to access online battles. Left of the Battle Lobby is a manhole that leads to Octo Canyon and sitting in front is Murch. To the far back-left is the Salmon Run headquarters. When the Great Zapfish is rescued, it can be seen curled around the top of the Battle Lobby's tower. Right of the Battle Lobby is a gate leading to Deepsea Metro.
To the west of your spawn point, there is a row of shops, called the Galleria. Just like the previous game, there are four shops, with each shop having a shopkeep that represents a type of marine life. You can purchase weapons at Ammo Knights, run by Sheldon a horseshoe crab, Headgear at Headspace run by Flow a sea slug, and Craymond a crayfish, Shoes at Shella Fresh run by Bisk a spider crab, and you can purchase Clothing at Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe run by Jelfonzo, a jellyfish.
- Like with the Inkopolis News Studio from Splatoon, if the player holds their cursor over Pearl and Marina in the studio, they will wave at the player. The wave animation is different depending if the player is an Inkling or an Octoling (playable).
- To the eastern side of the square, through the grating, Inkopolis Tower can be seen off in the distance without the Great Zapfish.
- Murch can be heard playing Squid Jump on his phone.
- Behind Murch, Spyke can be seen using a laptop.
- Above the Salmon Run headquarters are pieces of artwork. Two of them are clear references to the musical productions Wicked and Phantom of the Opera.
- This location looks like Times Square with the appearance of the many billboards as well as the main One Times Square building.
- The exterior of Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe is similar to the 1500 Broadway building.
- Near the back of the square, City of Color can be faintly heard playing.
- The Crust Bucket plays the Shrimp Kicks version of Lookin' Fresh from the first game.
- If one walks towards the Salmon Run entrance and takes a left near wear the player redeems their rewards there is a blue crate in a trash pile that looks identical to the crate that Judd slept on in Splatoon.
- Version 3.1.0 added some additional graffiti and small cosmetic objects in the square around the entrance to the Deepsea Metro, such as the round name tags and blobfish smiley stickers frequently present in Octo Expansion, as well as two Kamabo Corporation posters, an employee model CQ-80 and two CQ cards.
- Since version 1.0.0, several octopus related objects could also be found around the entrance to the subway, such as posters, name tags, graffiti and pixel art of octopuses not present in other parts of the square.
- According to the second artbook Inkopolis Square is two stations away from Inkopolis Plaza and 20 minutes away by foot. Before, it was an old street with poor security resulting in minor offenses. A year and a half ago (from the events of Splatoon 2) there had been some redevelopments that renovated the square, which made the place popular the youth.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Square de Chromapolis||Inkopolis Square|
|Italian||Piazza Coloropoli||Inkopolis Square|
|Spanish (NOA)||Centro de Cromópolis||Inkopolis Center|
|Spanish (NOE)||Plaza de Cromópolis||Inkopolis Square|
|Hungarian||Inkopolis téren||Inkopolis square|
|Portuguese||Praça Inkopolis||Inkopolis Square|
Locations in Splatoon 2
|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.