Spawning Grounds is a Salmon Run and Salmon Run Next Wave exclusive online multiplayer stage in Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3.
Spawning Grounds features a wide variety of terrain on each corner of the map. The following directions apply when standing on the sloped platform adjacent to the egg basket, facing towards the slope which descends in this view. A multilayered slope leading to three small piers are located just behind the basket. To the right is a grated walkway overlooking the lower grounds. To the left are slopes down to a small sandbar. During low tide, the sandbar expands exponentially revealing three protruding landmasses.
- During high tide, only the upper layers of the main platform and the grated area are still above the water.
- During low tide, the sandbar is largely expanded into three extending areas.
- Main article: Badge#Salmon Run
Reaching to certain ranks during a Spawning Grounds rotation in Splatoon 3 will reward the player with special badges that they can use on their Splashtag.
|Spawning Grounds Badges|
|Eggsecutive VP 200 at Spawning Grounds Reached!|
|Eggsecutive VP 400 at Spawning Grounds Reached!|
|Eggsecutive VP 600 at Spawning Grounds Reached!|
|Eggsecutive VP 999 at Spawning Grounds Reached!|
- The internal codename for this stage in the game files is "Shakeup".
- On 21 July 2018, Splatoon 2's first anniversary, a Salmon Run shift took place in Spawning Grounds with Splattershot Jr., Splat Dualies, Splat Roller and Splat Charger. This is identical to the first-ever Salmon Run Rotation that took place on 21 July 2017.
- On the preview image for the stage, there is a Ink Cannon active during Normal Tide.
- The enormous dam seen in the background of the stage is the reason for the rapidly changing tides, which keeps fishermen away.
- Though according to the Salmonid Field Guide, it seems that Inklings are unaware this is what causes the odd tidal pattern.
Names in other languages
|Shake-it-up Dam. A pun on sheke ("shake it") and shake (salmon).|
|French||Barrage salmonoïde||Salmonid Dam|
|Italian||Diga salmonoide||Salmonid dam|
|Salmonid hydropower plant|
|Spanish||Presa salmónida||Salmonid Dam|
guī bà (Mandarin)
guī bà (Mandarin)