Spawning Grounds features a wide variety of terrain on each corner of the map. The following directions apply when standing on the sloped platform adjacent to the egg basket, facing towards the slope which descends in this view. A multilayered slope leading to three small piers are located just behind the basket. To the right is a grated walkway overlooking the lower grounds. To the left are slopes down to small sandbar. During low tide, the sandbar will expand exponentially revealing three protruding landmasses.
- Sandbar: To the left of the basket, several slopes lead down to an uneven sandbar.
- Catwalk: To the right of the basket is a large catwalk overlooking the lower flat area of the map.
- Docks: Behind the basket is a layered slope down to three small docks.
- Vegetable towers: Corn tower is on the sea to the left of the basket, sausage tower is on the sea beyond the catwalk to the right of the basket, and asparagus tower is on the sea beyond the three small docks.
- All stages have the three floating vegetable-themed towers with different colored searchlights that serve as landmarks.
- During high tide, only upper layers of the main platform and the grated area are still above the water.
- During low tide, the sandbar is largely expanded into three extending areas.
- The internal codename for this stage in the game files is "Shakeup".
- On 21 July 2018, Splatoon 2's one-year anniversary, a Salmon Run shift took place in Spawning Grounds with Splattershot Jr., Splat Dualies, Splat Roller and Splat Charger. This is identical to the first ever Salmon Run Rotation that took place on 21 July 2017.
- On the preview image for the stage, there is a Ink Cannon active during Normal Tide.
Names in other languages
|Shake-it-up Dam. A pun on sheke ("shake it") and shake (salmon).|
|French (NOE)||Barrage salmonoïde||Salmonid Dam|
|Italian||Diga salmonoide||Salmonid dam|
|Salmonid hydropower plant|
|Spanish||Presa Salmónida||Salmonid Dam|