Ranked Battle Terrain
Shellendorf Institute was released on January 12, 2018 at 02:00 UTC.
|View the quotation page.|
- Shellendorf Institute was initially shown in the 2.0. announcement video that was released on November 21, 2017.
- As the name suggests, it is perhaps owned or founded by Ammoses Shellendorf. However, this connection is only made in the English name of the stage, and not in any other language.
- One of the exhibits includes what appears to be three DNA strand models, each with a sign on the bottom left depicting a pair of headphones and a smartphone displaying a symbol. This is a reference to the concept of a song being contained in the DNA of every Inkling, which has been mentioned in Sunken Scroll 23 from Splatoon and in the liner notes of Splatune.
- An interview with Marina in the liner notes of Splatune 2 also brings up the possibility of Octolings having a song in their DNA too.
- The stage shares similarities to Hammerhead Bridge from Splatoon. There are multiple levels and the top level on Shellendorf Institute has hardly any inkable surfaces.
- The Institute appears to be a Museum, with exhibits, skeletons and signs everywhere showing the prohibitions, including what seems to be photography, drinks and kissing.
Names in other languages
debon kaiyō hakubutsukan
|Devon (Devonian) Oceanographic Museum|
|Dutch||Vistorisch museum||Fish-storical* museum|
|French||La Galerie des Abysses||The Abyss Gallery|
|Italian||Il Museo paleontonnologico||The Paleontological Museum|
|Spanish||Galería Raspa||Fishbone Gallery|