The Secret of S.P.L.A.T.
The Secret of S.P.L.A.T. is a multiplayer stage in Splatoon 2. It was the second variation of Shifty Station, and first appeared in the Flight vs. Invisibility and Lemon vs. No Lemon Splatfests. It returned in the Raph vs. Leo and Chaos vs. Order Splatfests. As of version 5.0.0, it is exclusively available in Private Battles. It features small, raised platforms in the central area that periodically move up and down.
Players spawn on either end of the stage, on raised platforms that lead down to a central area. There are two small raised platforms on either side of the central area that periodically move up and down, and a large platform topped with a small inkable block in the middle that moves opposite the side platforms. Various walls are placed about the level to use as cover.
When this layout was reused in May 2018, the small inkable block on the middle platform was removed, some walls were repositioned at the canyon of the spawn point, and the tall wall near the spawn points became inkable on one side and significantly shorter, while the rest of the layout was identical to the original incarnation.
The Secret of S.P.L.A.T. contains a third variation that hasn't been used in-game. The first variation is no longer available for play.
Team Raph playing on The Secret of S.P.L.A.T..
Animation of the moving platforms (link to file)
Turf War (old version)
- Unlike the other Shifty Station layouts, which are named directly after books, The Secret of S.P.L.A.T. is named after the adaptation of a book, as is explained further below.
- The file name for this stage is "Deli01" and the codename is "SlideLift", likely referring to how the moving platforms serve as lifts.
- The revision of this stage has the file name "Deli01_02", and another alternate version has the file name "Deli51", though this one is unused.
- The file name implies this stage might have been finished before Wayslide Cool, even though it was introduced later.
- However, an even later introduced Shifty Station, Windmill House on the Pearlie, has the codename Deli00, meaning it may have been the first completed.
- This stage was one of five returning stages to lack the ambience that other Shifty Stations had in Recon mode during Chaos vs. Order. It did not lack the ambience when it first returned in the Raph vs. Leo Splatfest.
Names in other languages
Yakusoku no Oka de Aimashō
|Let's Meet at the Hill of Promises. A pun on Onsen de Aimashō (Let's Meet at the Hot Springs), by Chiaki Karasawa.|
|Dutch||Ups en downs||Ups and downs|
|French||Invincible vertige||Invincible vertigo|
|German||Auf und Ab||Back and Forth|
|Italian||Incontro in collina||Meeting in the hills|
|Spanish||Paseo vertical||Vertical promenade|