MC.Princess Diaries is a multiplayer stage in Splatoon 2. It was the twenty-fourth and final variation of Shifty Station and appeared in the Chaos vs. Order Splatfest. As of Version 5.0.0, it is exclusively playable in Private Battles. Periodically, hyperbombs will drop from the sky which allow teams to ink large areas of turf. When one minute is left on the timer, Pearl will descend to let one player use the Princess Cannon.
MC.Princess Diaries is a large and open stage, including many curved walls, similar to Blackbelly Skatepark. Notably, the stage features the Princess Cannon and hyperbombs as unique features, and Off the Hook are seen performing live during the match.
While playing, groups of hyperbombs appear in three waves, at 2:45, 1:30, and 0:15 remaining. Players can only detonate the other team's bombs. At 1:20, Off the Hook's helicopter flies to the center of the stage; with one minute remaining, a pink cylinder appears and Pearl descends, accompanied by the text "It's the voice to end all voices!" As she nears the ground, her head begins to glow, indicating her Special weapon, the Princess Cannon, is ready to be used. Regardless of team or weapon, the first player to meet her gets to use the Princess Cannon, a weapon similar to the Killer Wail from Splatoon. After aiming it with motion or and activating it with , the player moves to the side and Pearl takes over, using her battle cry to fire it. If the player is splatted before the cannon is able to fire, the next player to meet Pearl will get to use the Princess Cannon.
Princess Cannon text
|Event||English message||Japanese message||Dutch message||NOA French message||NOE French message|
|Pearl jumps down||It's the voice to end all voices!||終末の歌声がきこえる!||Voici la voix qui fera taire toutes les autres!
(Here's the voice that will silence all others!)
|Place à la voix de l'apocalypse !|
(Make way for the voice of the apocalypse!)
|Obtaining the cannon||Fire!||弾を撃て!||Feu!
|Event||German message||Italian message||Russian message||NOA Spanish message||NOE Spanish message|
|Pearl jumps down||Hier kommt der letzte Schrei!
(Here comes the last scream!)
|¡Que cante la voz definitiva!
(Let the definitive voice sing!)
|¡Despejad la pista para la artista!|
(Clear the floor for the artist!)
|Obtaining the cannon||Feuer!
|¡Que oigan tu voz!
(Let them hear your voice!)
(Make yourself heard!)
- The filename for this stage is "Deli24" and the codename is "Pipe".
- This is the only Shifty Station to not be named after a shōjo manga in the Japanese version. However, months after its release, the 10th volume of the CoroCoro Splatoon manga included a six-page manga made by Marina titled "Dear Senpai" as a bonus.
- A Chikyuu ship, like the one from Manta Maria, is seen in the background.
- MC.Princess Diaries was the only Shifty Station that did not have its individual name displayed on the battle introduction screen during Chaos vs. Order, only displaying "Shifty Station" instead.
- MC.Princess Diaries is the only Shifty Station that is not in an Octarian dome-like environment.
- Because of this, it is the only stage to take place during sunset and not daytime or nighttime.
- In Private Battles, Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo) is the only track that plays on this stage.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||DEAR SENPAI[a]||Dear Pearlie|
|Dutch||Eeuwige vriendschap||Eternal friendship|
|French||Éternelle amitié||Eternal friendship|
|German||Ewige Freundschaft||Eternal Friendship|
|Italian||Grande amicizia||Great friendship|
|Spanish||Área definitiva||Definitive area|