The map contains a concert stage located at the center with mosh pits in front and behind the stage. The main focal point of the level is the raised concert stage at the center of the map which is fairly open barring a few blocks for coverage. The mainstage will have tall inkable vantage points located on each team's right which towers above the center stage. Narrow paths or grates and jumpable gaps line the outer wall of the stage which allows flanking. The Spawn points are located at opposing ends on two levels of raised platforms, dropping from here will give access to three paths, right and up to a highground over the right side of the map, left down a corridor giving access to the left, or straight down into a lowest plaza straight into accessible area. A large block only inkable from your team's side is located in front of spawn to give some not easily accessible vantage for your team.
Ranked Battle Terrain
In Ranked Battle, specifications for the terrain or placement of objects are different between the modes; these changes create new paths or new objects to take cover behind.
The Splat Zone is located at the very center of the map on top of the stage, the blocks at the center have been removed. The map otherwise has received very minimal changes, only notable change being the removal of a wall giving another high vantage point close to base.
The Tower is located at the center of the map center stage. The tower will travel towards the enemy base, traveling towards the ramps leading into the mainstage, descending and traveling around the spongblock then right through the moshpit before going forwards again through the narrow hallway into the the enemy plaza where it will reach it's goal. The ramp in front of each team's spawn has been replaced with an inkable block and the sponges have been moved to in front of the mainstage.
- The first checkpoint will be located on top of the ramps at the ends of the mainstage.
- The second checkpoint is located where the tower finishes its lap around the newly added sponge block.
- The third checkpoint is located at the right end of the moshpit before it changes directions into the enemy base.
The Rainmaker will be located at the center of the mainstage. The goal will be located on the layer right above the lower plaza by each team's base. A ramp has been added in the plaza make make it accessible as well as a tall inkable block that allows access from the high road. Additional obstacles have been added to make getting into the enemy base a bit less direct.
The baskets are located in the low plazas by each team's base. The map is relatively unchanged from Splat Zones other than the re-inclusion of blocks at the center of the map.
Starfish Mainstage was released with launch of Splatoon 2.
Release 2017 version
In this version, the area toward each team's base was significantly smaller, the lowest point of the map was only confined to a small portion with two lower paths interrupted by the block on each side. The path to each team's right compacted the area much more and had more walls. The area in front of the Spawn Point inaccessible by the opposing team was also much smaller.
September 2018 Update version
On 29 August 2018, the official Splatoon Tumblr announced that Starfish Mainstage would be undergoing maintenance on September 1st. They released an image showing the original map scribbled on, allowing fans to see what about the stage would be changed. Many features were altered, including:
- An expansion to the area around the Spawn Point.
- Addition of new terrain on each team's side.
On 14 September 2018, Starfish Mainstage returned after had been closed for reconstruction.
In Octo Expansion, there is a mission where the player has to push the tower from their side all the way to the enemy side against a team of sanitized Octolings. The player has 5 minutes to complete the objective. The layout for this mission is the release 2017 layout.
The station of this level is Sweet Ride Station - Ride the Tower!- "Easy breezy..." -
A wide view of pre-Version 2.1.0 Starfish Mainstage.
Two Inklings at Starfish Mainstage.
Starfish Mainstage featured as a mission within the Octo Expansion.
|View the quotation page.|
- The stage name is a reference to Starfish
- The stage is featured in the Octo Expansion, but uses the Release 2017 version, instead of the September 2018 reconstructed version.
- Using the sponges near each spawn point, it is possible to reach the opponent's spawn point area by having an opponent fire at their respective sponge whilst the player stands on top of it. This will expand the sponge, letting the player onto the opponent's spawn area. There is also a way to get there if the sponge is at a certain height already, by the player jumping onto the sponge and then onto the spawn area.
- The internal codename for this stage in the game files is "Venue".
Names in other languages
Gangaze Yagai Ongaku-dō
|Longspine Urchin Open-Air Concert Hall|
|French||Scène Sirène||Siren Scene|
|German||Seeigel-Rockbühne||Urchin Rock Stage|
|Italian||Palco Plancton||Plankton Stage|
|Concert Hall «Echinoderm»|
|Spanish||Auditorio Erizo||Sea urchin Auditorium|
Locations in Splatoon 2