List of Sunken Scrolls in Splatoon 2
From Inkipedia, the Splatoon wiki
This list documents all Sunken Scrolls found in Splatoon 2.
List of Sunken Scrolls
- Text: "A shock wave struck while one young lady was performing at the recent Youth Folk-Singing contest, doing damage to the venue. Fortunately no one was injured."
- Level: Return of the Octarians
- Location: After jumping down the tower at Checkpoint 6, make a U-turn and break the crate containing the scroll.
- Description: Pictures of a young Pearl singing and a broken speaker, taped over a newspaper article. A small doodle of a young Pearl can be seen.
- Text: "Music heads are still buzzing over that legendary underground show two years ago. Anyone lucky enough to catch DJ Octavio's opening set and the Squid Sisters headlining had their minds blown and their lives changed that night."
- Level: Welcome to Octopia
- Location: At the 2nd checkpoint, climb the first pillar then go to the 2nd pillar, where you then have to go down to the ground and then behind the 2nd pillar is a box containing the sunken scroll.
- Description: A picture of the final battle between a female Agent 3 and DJ Octavio from Splatoon's Octo Valley mode. Several Octarians, including an Octoling and Marina can be seen in the audience. A doodle of a Twintacle Octotrooper can be seen.
- Text: "WE'RE MOVING! Ammo Knights will be moving to a new location soon. Many thanks to our loyal customers for your support."
- Level: Sunset Octocopter
- Location: After climbing the wall with Ink Pistons in checkpoint 4, turn right after climbing the wall. There will be a platform that will lead to a wall with a dash track. Climb the wall and use the dash track to get on top and the scroll is found on top.
- Description: An Ammo Knights flyer and two 30% off coupons. This shows how Ammo Knights is now in Inkopolis Square and the original location in Inkopolis Plaza was shut down. However, the Squid Sisters Stories describes it as a second location. A doodle of Sheldon can be seen.
- Text: "This looks to be a do-it-yourself guide of starting your own mobile business. It looks new, but somebody must've been frying something near it. It has some grease stains on it."
- Level: Enter the Octohurler
- Location: Under the large group of Octohurlers on their spreaders, simply take out a Octohurler and stay on that spreader until you lower down to the hidden platform, collect both some power eggs from the crates and the sunken scroll and ride another spreader back up.
- Description: A book with a food truck on the cover, and a stained menu clipped to some spreadsheets; they have apparently been used by Crusty Sean in setting up the Crust Bucket and quitting Shrimp Kicks. A doodle of Crusty Sean can be seen.
- Text: "This looks like a get-rich-quick scheme by some shady guy with crazy hair. "I made a cool 10 million G in a year by just sitting around! Ask me how! Do people really fall for this bilge?"
- Level: The Octopark
- Location: Return of the Octarians's Sunken Scroll can be found after jumping down the tower and making a U-turn at Checkpoint 6. It is located inside an orange crate.
- Description: A post-it note on an article showing a schematic with a Super Sea Snail, a laptop, a tree and coins, as well as a blurry photograph of Spyke. Doodles of a Super Sea Snail and Spyke can be seen.
- Text: What could have happened to the two embracing? No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
- Level: Octozeppelin Invasion
- Location: Under the platform where you first encounter the huge wall of Octomissiles aim and blast the ride rail on the small lower platforms, summoning a long trail you can hop down and ride to the area above the rocket dispensers. The scroll is on the ledge in a small orange box; there is a small piece of terrain that you can jump on to access the ledge.
- Description: A handwritten music sheet, a guitar pick, and a picture of Bisk in a suit embracing a different spider crab in a dress, confirmed to be his ex-girlfriend. A doodle of a shoe and Bisk's sunglasses can be seen. The music on the sheet is a brief guitar melody that can be heard at the end of Shella Fresh's version of New You. This is also a reference to Bisk's main career as a musician.
- Text: "Many travelers find themselves in Inkopolis Square at some point in their journey. Youth from far-flung seas gather in this colorful hub of comings, goings, meetings, and farewells."
- Level: Back-Alley Cleanup
- Location: After Checkpoint 3, get past the giant Squee-G, and once you get onto the T-shaped platform with the launchpad, look for an opening on your right. Jump down through the opening and go left to find the crate with the scroll.
- Description: A plane ticket, a page with visa stamps, and a picture of Flow wearing a backpack and Craymond reading a map. A doodle of Flow and Craymond can be seen. In an interview, it was revealed Flow was employed after meeting the owner of Headspace whilst on a working holiday.
- Text: "Inkopolis holds its famous card-game tournament once a year. This year, first-time entrant Jelfonzo appeared on the scene and promptly set about decimating the competition. He walked away with the first-place trophy."
- Level: Spinning Campground
- Location: At checkpoint 4, where 6 furlers appear in a row, the 4th furler is exceptionally longer. After unfurling it, go to its end, and there's a platform with a box containing the scroll waiting. There's also an extra furler attached to the platform for the player to go back.
- Description: Game cards, containing pictures of Inklings and jellyfish. It is a parody of Hyakunin Isshu cards. A doodle of a jellyfish, possibly Jelfonzo can be seen.
- Text: "Net the freshest gear around! Get the abilities you've always dreamed about! Orders will be fulfilled by that weird kid with the spiky hair. Interested? Send inquiries to Annie."
- Level: Octoling Strike
- Location: The alley leading up to the Octoling spawn point, located to the left side of the map (from the starting point's perspective), has a raised platform close to the tree where the Sunken Scroll in a crate is hidden under enemy ink with a Splash Wall in front of it.
- Description: Several stickers showing drawings of various pieces of gear. One sticker contains a drawing of Annie and Moe. This is a reference to the SplatNet 2 shop. A doodle of Annie and Moe can be seen. Another doodle, of an Octotrooper wearing sunglasses, can also be seen.
- Text: "There's a new fish in the sea! Come check out The Shoal! The most entertaining destination in Inkopolis is now OPEN!"
- Level: Octoseeker Shakedown
- Location: In the second Octoseeker location, go to the sponges on the far side. Below the set of four sponges are more, non-expanded sponges underneath. These lead to a crate containing the scroll.
- Description: An advert for The Shoal in a newspaper, accompanied by a stampcard and tickets. A doodle of the Shoal mascot can be seen.
- Text: "Major changes to regulations by the powers that be have led to a call for the complete replacement and overhaul of all special weapons. Designers and manufacturers are struggling to comply with this new regulation."
- Level: The Floating Garden
- Location: In the middle of the stage after the sixth checkpoint, there is a hole, through which can be jumped. After jumping through that hole, one needs to defeat an Octokook to reveal the Sunken Scroll.
- Description: Three protest signs, the left one showing a doodle of an Inkstrike on a cardboard sign, the middle one shows a photograph of what appears to be the ink mark left from an Inkstrike attack, and the right one showing an Inkzooka inside of a diamond ring. This is the in-universe explanation of why no special weapons return from the first game. The sign on the left can also be seen on the back wall of Inkopolis Square.
- Text: "These must be photographs taken by some young-adult Inklings. Are these so-called Tweenklings trying to convince their peers that their lives are exciting and full of meaning? Or are they trying to convince themselves?"
- Level: Octo-Resort Spring
- Location: On the left hand side of checkpoint three, there is a platform, which is higher than the checkpoint platform. It has a crate on top, which will reveal the Sunken Scroll after its destruction.
- Description: Three screenshots of Inkling social media. The text parallels actual arguments about social media. The center image references the avocado toast trend. A doodle of a squid and a single-tentacled Octarian can be seen in the bottom-right-hand corner of the Sunken Scroll.
- Text: "The most fashionable gear is crafted with the latest in textile technology. Heating materials to produces smooth curves or distressing stiff fabrics to increase suppleness and change their look are common techniques."
- Level: Dancing Floors
- Location: In the area with 4 towers and 2 Flooders, use the Grapplink to get on top of a Flooder. Lead it to the northeast tower, on top of the tower is the scroll.
- Description: Schematics for a Norimaki 750 shoe and an Inkopolis Squaps Jersey. A doodle of an Inkopolis Squaps Jersey logo can be seen.
- Text: "The latest research has produced startling revelations about Inkling ink! One thought to simply disappear after a while, Inkling ink is actually rapidly disintegrated by airborne microbes!"
- Level: Parking Garage
- Location: At the third checkpoint in the area circling the Octosniper, the Scroll will be directly below the checkpoint on the lower platform.
- Description: An X-ray image of an Inkling, highlighting her ink sac, and an infographic showing microbes and a scientist Octarian. The topic of Ink disappearing was also covered by Sunken Scroll 7 in the first game. A doodle of a squid can be seen.
- Text: "Don't slip up and miss the new album by Wet Floor, on sale now! Their style changes like the shifting tides of ink in a battle. Full color or monochromatic, smooth or staccato, or lush and dripping with sound, it's ROCK for a new generation!"
- Level: Octoling Assault (Octo Canyon)
- Location: In orange crates around the stage, keys can be found. Collect one of these keys, then go towards the pit of foam cubes near the opponents' spawn. The Sunken Scroll will be locked inside a glass crate which is opened by a key.
- Description: The album's cover art and tracklisting, and a Wet Floor sticker. A doodle of a squid wearing headphones can be seen. The cover has a sticker that parodies the Parental Advisory label, with the red letters mimicking "Caution!".
- Text: "NOW HIRING EGG COLLECTORS - No experience required! All ages and backgrounds welcome! A fun way to make some quick G! Grab a friend and join up together!"
- Level: Secret Bowling Alley
- Location: After Checkpoint 4, use the Ink Cannon provided and splat the wall in front of you. When the coast is clear, swim up the wall and go towards the place where the Octoballers are spawning. Go to your right and swim up to the tiny platform holding the scroll.
- Description: An anti-Salmonid poster and a poster that could be a Grizzco Industries recruitment poster or a poster for a Salmon Run related movie. A doodle of Mr. Grizz can be seen. The poster on the left resembles the Ghostbusters logo.
- Text: ""When smoke rises from the seven rings, The[sic] pinkfish will emerge from the sea, devouring all the creatures of the land." -The Book of Madai, chapter 10, verse 10"
- Level: Octocommander Fortress
- Location: After reaching the final check point, drop down the grate and immediately turn around. There will be a small area with the Sunken Scroll crate.
- Description: A scrap from a religious text, with an illustration showing two Inklings fleeing a horde of Salmonids, as well as seven rings opening up in clouds. The "seven rings" is the literal meaning of 七輪 shichirin, a type of small charcoal grill. The Book of Madai may be referencing to the biblical figure and the Japanese name for red seabream (マダイ madai). A doodle of a Stinger can be seen on the left side of the illustration. This illustration could be a Big Run as the seven rings can be seen in Wahoo World and Um'ami Ruins during a Big Run.
- Text: "This appears to be a painting from the Middle Ages. It depicts a great migration of salmon said to occur once every 70 years."
- Level: Towering Heights
- Location: In the Octosniper area, near the left Octosniper is a grate. Drop through to find a hidden platform and the Scroll.
- Description: A painting of Salmonids. This migration could be happening at the time of Splatoon 2, which may explain why Grizzco Industries is hiring Inklings for Salmon Run. A doodle of a Golden Egg can be seen.
- Text: "Salmonids are known to keep their weapons in tip-top shape. The frying pans they wield have often been passed down from generation to generation. You can see the unwavering pride of these fierce warriors in their (somewhat crazed) eyes."
- Level: The Experimentorium
- Location: After defeating the shielded Octotrooper, enter the center launchpad. On the second area with Grapplinks, hit the splat-switch on the third Grapplink. As you fall, you will land on a platform with a launchpad. The launchpad will take you to the first Grapplink and you can continue. At the end of the area, you will find the Sunken Scroll on a grate.
- Description: A picture of a Salmonid admiring its wall of battle gear. A doodle of a Chum with a Power Egg can be seen.
- Text: "Don't miss Problem Solved: Studying with Marie! on SBS this Thursday night (and every week thereafter!) at 25:00 sharp! Tune in for a few study tips and a whole lot of procrastination!"
- Level: Propellerland
- Location: Once you reach Checkpoint 3 and use the fan in the main area to get to the platform with the launchpad, turn around and spin the propeller once again to move it back up. You will see a red splat-switch. Hit it, and it will unlock a platform behind the launchpad. Walk over past it, and get the Sunken Scroll.
- Description: A keychain resembling Marie's squid form in its packaging, and a picture of Marie sitting at a kotatsu while studying next to a microphone. A small doodle of Marie can be seen to the left in the background.
- Text: "Pandemonium ensued when pop star Callie was spotted at the airport by fans after wrapping up filming for her new upcoming TV drama in New Sardine. She smiled through it all, but it's clear to this reporter that the pressure of fame is getting to her."
- Level: Octolings Ahoy!
- Location: Get to the enemy's side of the map and climb up the slope with the grates sticking out of it. Drop onto the second grate, and walk around the corner to get the Sunken Scroll.
- Description: The front page of a tabloid newspaper showing a large picture of Callie surrounded by fans, and a small picture of Marie. A doodle of Callie can be seen (note: her bang is swept to the left like Marie instead of the right).
- Text: "Hey, squidkids! It's me Callie! ♡ It's been so long since I've written a proper blog post! <:三 <:三 Being on my own like this, I've got time to think, but sometimes I think too much! (>_<;) But I'm really psyched for filming today! Stay fresh! (`ω´)"
- Level: Underground Expressway
- Location: After the last area with the Octocommanders, drop ink over the edge of the path to the Zapfish to reveal an invisible platform. The Sunken Scroll will be there. To get back reveal the rest of the invisible path and jump on top of a Squee-G.
- Description: A smartphone and a screenshot, both showing Callie's weblog. The former shows a picture of a dandelion, the latter a sad squid drawn onto foggy glass, possibly drawn by Callie while feeling distressed about the pressures of fame, as references in the previous scroll.
- Text: "Do you ever think, 'Man this place is UUUUUUUGLY! My evil lair could use some pizazz!'? Well, just whip out some sparkly fabric and tape, and get your decorate on! It looks great, feels great, and it's fun! Give it a try, and stay fresh!"
- Level: The Octogalaxy
- Location: At checkpoint 8, jump to the right immediately after passing the first Ink Piston. The extra Ride Rail will take you to a platform with a crate containing the scroll, a Shielded Octotrooper and a Ride Rail for you to get back.
- Description: A hand-drawn guide for decorating an Octarian lair, presumably made by Callie after she was brainwashed by DJ Octavio, referenced by the chipper-sounding speech and "Stay fresh!" at the end. This might explain the glittery Ink effects seen exclusively in Octo Canyon for both sides. A doodle of an Octoballer can be seen. It also shows a platform with an Octotrooper on it.
- Text: "This looks to be a thesis on the massive weaponry employed by the Octarians. Specifically, this research shows how sentient tentacles are implanted in their machines as a means of control. This science is at least 15 years ahead of the rest of the world!"
- Level: Transfer Junction
- Location: After Checkpoint 2, there will be two blocks moving up and down with Octarians on top. Behind the blocks, look down towards the water, where there will be a sponge. Ink the sponge and jump down, and there will be the scroll behind you.
- Description: A research paper showing a schematic for the creation of the Octostomp, and a complex chemical structure. This explains why a single tentacle has to be splatted while fighting Bosses. A doodle of Octostomp can be seen.
- Text: "My dearest Callie and Marie -(STOP)- On a research trip to the cape with Agt 3 -(STOP)- May be late, but left dinner in the fridge -(STOP)-"
- Level: Platform Madhouse
- Location: The platform with the Zapfish on it will have a splat-switch. Inking it will reveal a launchpad to what Sheldon calls a "Deserted Island". Get away from the Octostamp DX to get the scroll, and the launchpad will take you back to the Zapfish.
- Description: A letter from Cap'n Cuttlefish, a map, and a fishing lure. Agent 3 was the role the player assumed in the first game's single-player modes. This reveals what happened to Cap'n Cuttlefish when he disappeared, shown in the Squid Sisters Stories, and why he doesn't appear in Octo Canyon. A doodle of a meal can be seen. This scroll's text is written in the style of a telegram. The cape is mentioned again, in the map of the Splatlands and Inkadia south of Octo Canyon.
- Text: "Calamari Research Labs Video Log #5628: This coffin-like device is a historical relic of the old world and is kept under strict lock and key. I unplugged it by accident while cleaning the other day, but it seems to still be running somehow..."
- Level: Paradise Lanes
- Location: After Checkpoint 4, you will find two lanes. Go to the very end of the right lane and you will find a crate with the scroll on your right.
- Description: Security footage from Calamari Research Labs, highlighting that a cleaner has accidentally unplugged Judd's capsule. Inexplicably, it still appears to be functioning. A doodle of Judd can be seen.
- Text: "Oh, Judd. When your capsule opens in the future, you may find yourself alone. Should that be the case, I ask you to re-energize the capsule once again. Oh, dearest Judd, I only hope that you can forgive me for all I've put you through."
- Level: Octoling Workout
- Location: Near the center on the side closest to player spawn, there is a brown ink proof block. Covering the purple ink adjacent to it will reveal the crate containing the scroll.
- Description: Sonographs of dividing cells, a cat fetus, and Li'l Judd, on top of a schematic of Judd inside his capsule. A doodle of Judd can be seen.
- Text: "Welcome to Octo Canyon, the world's most gorgeous gorge. Collect all of the commemorative souvenir stickers!"
- Minigame: Pop the balloons that are similar to your ink color in each hub area. You will have to pop multiple sets of balloons at different locations in a row before they float away.
- Location: Tentakeel Outpost, Suction-Cup Lookout, Beaker's Depot, SlimeSkin Garrison, and Cephalon HQ
- Description: Five stickers corresponding to the five sectors that they're found in, by bursting Balloons.