It is a Bomb-type weapon that is capable of exploding multiple times. it can be charged up by holding down the button, increasing the amount of times it explodes. Each explosion propels the bomb forward a small amount. To charge it up faster, the player must also shake the controllers up and down physically, jump in-game continuously (mash ), or move around in-game quickly. When is released, the bomb is thrown. It sprays a thin ink trail behind it as it travels before exploding. Depending on how long it was charged, it may explode up to three times. The weapon was first teased at the September 2018 Nintendo Direct, along with the Kensa Collection of weapons, two new Special weapons and changes to Splatfest. The Fizzy Bomb was released in Version 4.1.0..
|“||A bomb loaded with special carbonated ink.
Hold to build power, then unleash up to three explosions.
Shake the controller, move the stick or mash to build power quicker!
|“||The existence of a brand-new sub weapon, the Fizzy Bomb, was just confirmed in the latest Ver.4 trailer! We heard that once you activate it you can shake it like a can of pop (or soda depending on your geography) to generate power once it's released! This carbonated sub weapon will be included in weapon sets arriving in early October.||”|
- The weapon's name is a reference to the fizz, or the hissing sound and bubbles of gas, that cans of soda can release if opened after being shaken, similar to the weapon's charging animation. In addition, the weapon resembles a soda can, as well as an M67 hand grenade.
- This weapon was found by data mining as early as version 3.1.0, functional but without a model. It had the internal codename "Piyo", which is a common placeholder name in Japanese computer programming.
- The Fizzy Bomb is the first sub weapon to have been added post-release in the Splatoon franchise.
- The Fizzy Bomb was shown in the Version 4.0.0 trailer, but neither the Kensa Sloshing Machine nor the Kensa Luna Blaster was made available until Version 4.1.0.
- The text on the can can be seen on banners in Kelp Dome.
- As the Fizzy Bomb is shaken, it expands, becoming more in likeliness to a M67 hand grenade.
- Fizzy Bomb is not paired with any Rollers, Splatlings, or Brellas, nor is it paired with Inkjet, Sting Ray, Tenta Missiles, Ultra Stamp, Booyah Bomb, Baller, or Bomb Launcher.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Bomblikje||Little can bomb|
|French||Bombe soda||Soda bomb|
|Italian||Bomba a gassosa||Fizzy bomb|
|Spanish||Bomba carbónica||Carbonic bomb|