The Clash Blaster fires at a short range, and at very high speed, but takes two direct hits to splat an opponent. The design appears to use crayon-like objects. The Clash Blaster behaves as a pressure-based weapon. Compared to other blasters, which require a direct hit for quick splats, the Clash Blaster fires more rapidly, increasing mobility and turf coverage. The Splat Bomb sub weapon complements standard fire by offering the ability to corner opponents and weaken opponents for faster splats. The Sting Ray can be used to pressure opponents outside of its range and refills the player's ink tank.
- The Clash Blaster is a high-mobility weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 110. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The ink consumption of 4% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 25 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 21 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 20 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 20 frames between shots (3 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.65 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 60.
- The bullet hitbox has a radius of 2 units.
- Shots cannot ever deviate from the inner reticle while on the ground.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 8 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 40 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 50%.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 9.35 units per frame for 8 frames, having an effective range of 74.8 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 9.2715 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Ink droplets occur every 32 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 3 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 2 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Ink droplets have a radius of 10.7 units.
- Droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 2.1 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- The shot explodes 12 frames after being fired.
- The far damage radius of the explosion is 40 units.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the far damage radius is 20 units.
- The near damage radius of the explosion is 10 units.
- Damage from the explosion is 30. Damage does not change based on distance from the center of the explosion.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the damage is 15.
- When the shot explodes in the air, it creates a splash of paint with a radius of 25 units.
- The wall impact painting radius is 18 units.
You know how blasters tend to have a low rate of fire? Not the Clash Blaster! Its speedy shots are great for keeping foes at bay! Damage output has been decreased to compensate for improved rapid fire, but Splat Bombs will help you take it to your foes in a major way! Opponents keeping their distance? Reach out and touch 'em with the Sting Ray! If you like causing chaos on the front lines, this set's for you!
An Inkling holding the Clash Blaster.
- The Clash Blaster's design is likely based on a mechanical pencil sharpener, hence the crayons.
- The Clash Blaster is one of the only three weapons to be unlocked simultaneously with its alternate kit, the Clash Blaster Neo. The other two are the H-3 Nozzlenose D and Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose, and the E-liter 4K Scope and Custom E-liter 4K Scope. It however remains as the only completely unique weapon.
- This is due to the Clash Blaster being unlocked at Level 30, which is the highest level for unlocking weapons.
- This weapon is used on the following Octo Expansion levels:
- This weapon is tied with the Squeezer, Dynamo Roller, and Custom Jet Squelcher for the cheapest Sting Ray in the game with 180p.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Rafalblasteur||Burst Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Rafablaster||Burst Blaster|
|Italian||Blaster da mischia||Brawl Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Hiperlanzamotas||Hyper Speck-launcher|