The N-ZAP '85 is a main weapon in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. It highly resembles the original North American NES Zapper, an accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System released in 1985, hence its name.
- 1 Splatoon
- 2 Splatoon 2
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Etymology
The N-ZAP '85 was the first weapon to be added post-release. It was released on June 1, 2015 alongside the stage Port Mackerel and Ranked Battles. It's weaker than the Splattershot but it makes up for it with a higher rate of fire. It comes with Splat Bombs and the Echolocator.
Damage Against Defended Enemies
(based upon the number of defense attributes on the enemy and the number of shots by the weapon without any damage attributes on the user's gear)
|Defense||One Hit||Two Hits||Three Hits||Four Hits||Five Hits|
|No Defense||28||56||84||112 (Kill)||N/A|
|One Defense||26.5||53.1||79.7||106.3 (Kill)||N/A|
|Two Defense||25.4||50.8||76.2||101.6 (Kill)||N/A|
|Three Defense||24.5||49||73.5||98.0||122.5 (Kill)|
The following ranges were calculated by the maximum shot range in the Shooting Range. Note that the range for a damaging hit is always slightly lower than that of regular ink coverage.
- Ink Range - 3.75
- Ink Range (Jumping) - 4.00
- Damage Range (Target) - 2.50
- Damage Range (Arcing/Jumping) - 2.75
- ▲ Walk speed while firing increased by 11%.
- ▲ The radius of the droplets that fall before the shot hits has been increased by about 7%.
- ▲ Intervals between the droplets that fall before the shot hits have been reduced.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 200
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 200 → 190
- ▲ Changed to match the faster movement speed and swim speed when not shooting of weapons like the Sploosh-o-matic and Splattershot Jr.
- ▲ Increased movement speed while shooting by roughly 5%.
- ▲ Made it easier to ink the area around your feet.
- ▼ Special Points: 190 → 210
|View the quotation page.|
- This weapon is based on the 1985 version of the NES Zapper. The name N-ZAP '85 also derives from this.
- While this weapon has nearly identical stats to the Splattershot Jr., it fires straight instead of spreading shots in random directions, giving it better accuracy at the cost of spreading ink slower.
N-ZAP '85 is a shortened form of NES Zapper 1985. '85 is based on the year the original NES Zapper model was released.
The N-ZAP '85 has the same name origin in all regions.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||N-ZAP85||Shortened form of "NES Zapper 1985"|
|Dutch||N-ZAP '85||Same as English name|
|French||N-ZAP 85||Same as English name|
|German||N-ZAP85||Same as English name|
|Italian||N-ZAP85||Same as English name|
|Russian||N-ZAP 85||Same as English name|
|Spanish||N-ZAP 85||Same as English name|
Weapons in Splatoon
Weapons in Splatoon 2