Autobombs are comparable to Seekers from Splatoon. Unlike Seekers, however, they are thrown and do not roll on the ground, do not leave a trail of ink and can freely change direction. Once thrown, Autobombs seek out any enemy players in the vicinity, indicated by the circle which appears once the Autobomb has landed, and automatically move towards them for quite a long time. Once the Autobomb reaches a player or travels far enough without reaching the player, it explodes. If thrown and no enemies are in range, the Autobomb automatically explodes where it was thrown, similar to a Splat Bomb.
Due to the fact that the Autobomb walks towards nearby opponents, it can be used to locate hiding enemies. The Autobomb is small, does not spread ink, and is able to walk in enemy ink unaffected, so it can sneak up on opponents more effectively than a player can. However, it continuously makes noise while it is traveling towards the player that it has tracked, similar to a Seeker.
Sub Power Up increases throwing range and air travel velocity for the Autobomb.
- Far-Out Station
- Rad Ride Station
- Bodacious Rotation Station
- Bring It Station
- Wack 8-Ball Station
- Sweet Ride Station
- Radio Station
|“||An enemy-seeking bomb.
It scans the area it lands in and walks towards any enemy it detects.
Once it gets close enough to its target, it stops and explodes.
|“||This new sub weapon is the Autobomb. As its name implies, once thrown, it will automatically start walking toward a nearby opponent. When it approaches the opponent, it stops and goes KERSPLAT!||”|
Animation of an Autobomb chasing an Inkling boy.(link to file)
For competitive tips about the Autobomb
|View the strategy page.|
- Despite never going under ink, the Autobomb is designed to look like a small submarine or submersible with a propeller guard.
- The Autobomb is the only weapon that is made by Auto.
- The Custom Splattershot Jr.'s large ink tank can be used to throw out two Autobombs in quick succession without the need of Ink Saver (Sub). There is a way to throw four Autobombs in quick succession without submerging in ink to refill. To do this, throw two Autobombs, activate the Ink Storm, then throw out two more Autobombs with the freshly recovered ink.
- No Autobomb sets have Ink Armor, Bubble Blower, Booyah Bomb, or Ultra Stamp as their special weapon.
Names in other languages
|French||Bombe robot||Bomb robot|