The Range Blaster, as its name implies, is a variation of a regular Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. As a tradeoff, this blaster has a lower rate of fire.
|“||A modified Blaster with a shot that travels farther before exploding. The ability to attack opponents who are farther away comes at the cost of short-range power.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)
|“||A modified Blaster with a shot that travels further before exploding. The ability to attack opponents who are further away comes at the cost of short-range power.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)
|“||As the name suggests, the Range Blaster is a Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. It has a lower rate of fire, but who cares when you’re taking people out from clear across the battle field!? The Range Blaster comes complete with the Splash Wall and Inkstrike.||”|
As the name suggests, the Range Blaster is a Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. Its fire rate is reduced, but the combination of explosive power and range can be positively deadly!
- ▼ Blast wave maximum damage: 125.0 → 80.0 (99.9 with Damage Up)
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- Since Version 2.2.0, no amount of Damage Up will allow you to splat an opponent with one indirect blast. However, Damage Up can help ensure it takes no more than two hits to splat an opponent. Without Damage Up, an Inkling caught at the extreme edge of a blast, or within the blast of a shot that struck a wall or the floor, can take less than 50 damage.
- Even Blasters can run out of ink when somebody least expects it- they run out of ink surprisingly fast. Equipping Ink Saver Main reduces the amount of ink per shot, so the ink tank won't run out as fast.
- The splash wall is a very useful sub weapon, but it uses up most of your ink tank. Using Ink Saver Sub will leave you with more ink after using a splash, either to fight or retreat.
- Ink Recovery Up fills the ink tank faster in squid form- great for blaster users, as they can spend less time refilling the tank and more time battling! It is also especially helpful for the Range Blaster, as the ink wall uses quite a bit of ink.
- Since mobility can always be a challenge for blasters, consider equipping Swim Speed Up to make fast escapes from advancing foes.
An Inkling running with the Range Blaster equipped.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Éclablasteur LP|
|French (NOE)||Éclablaster XL|
|Italian||Blaster a distanza||Blaster for Distance|
|Spanish (NOE)||Teledevastador||From greek prefix "tele-" (from a distance) and Devastador (Devastator)|