The Range Blaster, as its name implies, is a variation of a regular Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. As a tradeoff, this blaster has a lower rate of fire and higher ink consumption.
The Range Blaster was released on 1 August 2015 02:00 UTC. It comes with the Splash Wall and Inkstrike. Each shot consumes 10% of the ink tank capacity, and the ink tank recovers 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing the player to fire 11 shots before needing to refill the tank.
An Inkling running with the Range Blaster equipped.
The Range Blaster returns in Splatoon 2 looking identical to how it did in the first game. It was released on 21 October 2017 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with the Suction Bomb and Ink Storm. Each shot consumes 11% of the ink tank capacity, allowing the player to fire nine shots before needing to refill the tank.
- The Range Blaster is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 11% allows players to fire 9 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 7 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes ? frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 60 frames between shots.
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Teleblaster||From the Greek prefix tele- (from a distance) and blaster|
|French (NOA)||Éclablasteur LP|
|French (NOE)||Éclablaster XL|
|Italian||Blaster a distanza||Blaster from a distance|
|From дально dal'no (distant) and бластер blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Telelanzamotas||From the Greek prefix tele-(from a distance) and lanzar(launch) and motas(specks)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Teledevastador||From the Greek prefix tele- (from a distance) and devastador (devastator)|