The Bubble Blower allows players to create three large bubbles. The bubbles slowly move and bounce in the direction the player fired them. As the bubbles move, they grow when hit by the user's ink and shrink when hit by the opposing team's ink. If the player or their team pops the bubble, a lethal blast of ink splats any enemy close to the bubble and inks the area. If too much time passes without a bubble being popped, or if the enemy pops one, it will fizzle away without a deadly blast of ink.
- Blowing bubbles in positions such as narrow hallways, or near objectives such as the tower or rainmaker give cover or block path.
- Bombs can also be used while the Special is still going, makes popping the bubbles faster.
- Similar to the Splash Wall, bombs that make contact with the bubble will explode immediately.
|Weapon||Ally multiplier||Enemy multiplier|
|Curling Bomb (touch)||1.2×||1×|
- Damage values: 250, 50.
- Touch damage: 0.5 per frame
- Special use duration: 8 seconds.
- Bubble max duration: 14 seconds.
- Bubble HP for allies: 400 HP.
- HP doubled for enemies.
- For allies, bubbles take 40 damage per second while they heal that amount for enemies instead. However, bubbles can only be popped if they are attacked.
- Allies deal 20% more damage to their own team's bubbles.
- Enemies deal more damage to shrunken bubbles.
- Special Power Up: Bubble size and blast radius increased.
- Object Shredder: Increases damage the bubble deals to objects, and increases damage dealt to the bubble by 30%.
|“||Generates up to three bubbles that explode across the surrounding area when inked by your team.
These bubbles will shrivel up if hit by enemy ink.
- The Bubble Blower was the first special weapon in the Splatoon franchise to have been added post-release.
- The weapons with the smallest special gauges for Bubble Blower are the Custom E-liter 4K, Custom E-liter 4K Scope and Custom Range Blaster at 170p each, while the largest is the Explosher at 210p.
- There are no brushes or dualies with the Bubble Blower as their special, nor is it paired with Burst Bombs, Autobombs, Ink Mines, Toxic Mist or Point Sensors as their sub weapon.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzaburbujas||Bubble thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzapompas||Bubble blower|