The Bubble Blower, when activated, gives the user a bubble wand that is about the same size as them. Said bubble wand is simply a black stick with a large, flimsy, circular part with bubble material in it at the top. There is a canister of bubble material attached to the wand that changes color to match the user's ink. The bubbles that are blown with the wand are transparent with swirls of the user's ink in them. The more the user or the user's teammates shoot the bubbles, the larger they grow and the more ink is put into them. The more the opposing team shoots the bubbles, the smaller they grow and the more ink is removed from them.
The Bubble Blower allows players to create three large bubbles. The bubbles slowly move and bounce in the direction the player fired them. As the bubbles move, they grow when hit by the user's ink and shrink when hit by the opposing team's ink. If the player or their team pops the bubble, a lethal blast of ink splats any enemy close to the bubble and inks the area. If too much time passes without a bubble being popped, or if the enemy pops one, it fizzles away without a deadly blast of ink.
- Blowing bubbles in positions such as narrow hallways, or near objectives such as the tower or Rainmaker to give cover or block a path.
- Sub weapons can also be used while the special is equipped.
- This means bombs can be used in between blowing bubbles to pop the bubbles faster.
- Similar to the Splash Wall and the Rainmaker shield, bombs that make contact with the bubbles explode immediately.
- Splash Walls and Sprinklers that collide with a bubble before they stick to a surface are destroyed.
|Weapon||Ally multiplier||Enemy multiplier|
E-liter 4K Scope
|Curling Bomb (touch)||1.2×||1×|
|Ultra Stamp (Swinging)||2.4×||2×|
|Ultra Stamp (Throwing)||4.2×||3.5×|
- Damage values: 250, 50.
- Touch damage: 0.5 per frame
- Special use duration: 8 seconds.
- Bubble max duration: 14 seconds.
- Bubble HP for allies: 400 HP.
- HP doubled for enemies.
- For allies, bubbles take 40 damage per second while they heal that amount for enemies instead. However, bubbles can only be popped if they are attacked.
- Allies deal 20% more damage to their own team's bubbles.
- Enemies deal more damage to shrunken bubbles.
- Special Power Up: Bubble size and blast radius increased.
- Object Shredder: Increases damage the bubble deals to objects, and increases damage dealt to the bubble by 30%.
|“||Generates up to three bubbles that explode across the surrounding area when inked by your team.
These bubbles will shrivel up if hit by enemy ink.
For competitive tips about the Bubble Blower
|View the strategy page.|
- The Bubble Blower was the first special weapon in the Splatoon franchise to have been added post-release.
- The weapons with the smallest special gauges for Bubble Blower are the Custom E-liter 4K, Custom E-liter 4K Scope and Custom Range Blaster at 170p each, while the largest is the Explosher at 210p.
- There are no brushes or dualies with the Bubble Blower as their special, nor is it paired with Burst Bombs, Autobombs, Ink Mines, Toxic Mist or Point Sensors as their sub weapon.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzaburbujas||Bubble thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzapompas||Bubble blower|