This page is about the bubble-blowing special weapon in Splatoon 2. For the similarly-named special from Splatoon, see Bubbler. For the similarly-named special in Splatoon 3, see Big Bubbler.
The Bubble Blower is a special weapon in Splatoon 2.
The Bubble Blower, when activated, gives the user a bubble wand that is about the same size as them. Said bubble wand is simply a black stick with a large, flimsy, circular part with bubble material in it at the top. There is a canister of bubble material attached to the wand that changes color to match the user's ink. The bubbles that are blown with the wand are transparent with swirls of the user's ink in them. The more the user or the user's teammates shoot the bubbles, the larger they grow and the more ink is put into them. The more the opposing team shoots the bubbles, the smaller they grow and the more ink is removed from them.
|Base damage||0.5 per frame (Contact)|
50 (Min. Splash)
250 (Direct hit)
|Base duration||Wand: 8 seconds|
Bubble: 14 seconds
|Rate of fire|
The Bubble Blower allows players to create three large bubbles. The bubbles slowly move and bounce in the direction the player fired them. As the bubbles move, they grow when hit by the user's ink and shrink when hit by the opposing team's ink. If the player or their team pops the bubble, a lethal blast of ink splats any enemy close to the bubble and inks the area. If too much time passes without a bubble being popped, or if the enemy pops one, it fizzles away without a deadly blast of ink.
Special Power Up
- Main article: Special Power Up
Wearing Special Power Up with Bubbler Blower increases the size and blast radius of the bubbles.
|Weapon||Ally multiplier||Enemy multiplier|
E-liter 4K Scope
|Curling Bomb (touch)||1.2×||1×|
|Ultra Stamp (Swinging)||2.4×||2×|
|Ultra Stamp (Throwing)||4.2×||3.5×|
- Damage values: 250, 50.
- Touch damage: 0.5 per frame
- Special use duration: 8 seconds.
- Bubble max duration: 14 seconds.
- Bubble HP for allies: 400 HP.
- HP doubled for enemies.
- For allies, bubbles take 40 damage per second while they heal that amount for enemies instead. However, bubbles can only be popped if they are attacked.
- Allies deal 20% more damage to their own team's bubbles.
- Enemies deal more damage to shrunken bubbles.
- Object Shredder: Increases damage the bubble deals to objects, and increases damage dealt to the bubble by 30%.
|“||Generates up to three bubbles that explode across the surrounding area when inked by your team.
These bubbles will shrivel up if hit by enemy ink.
— Splatoon 2 Sub & Special Guide
|Bamboozler 14 Mk III||2052||Fizzy Bomb||Bubble Blower||190p||27||14400||Charger|
|Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose||312||Splash Wall||Bubble Blower||180p||30||26600||Shooter|
|Custom E-liter 4K||2031||Squid Beakon||Bubble Blower||170p||26||17300||Charger|
|Custom E-liter 4K Scope||2041||Squid Beakon||Bubble Blower||170p||30||29900||Charger|
|Custom Range Blaster||221||Curling Bomb||Bubble Blower||170p||18||11400||Shooter|
|Foil Squeezer||401||Splat Bomb||Bubble Blower||200p||25||10900||Shooter|
|Forge Splattershot Pro||71||Suction Bomb||Bubble Blower||190p||20||20800||Shooter|
|Heavy Splatling Deco||4011||Splash Wall||Bubble Blower||180p||12||9600||Splatling|
|Kensa Splat Roller||1012||Splat Bomb||Bubble Blower||180p||14||12300||Roller|
|Kensa Splattershot Jr.||12||Torpedo||Bubble Blower||190p||9||8700||Shooter|
|Tenta Brella||6010||Squid Beakon||Bubble Blower||200p||23||14200||Brella|
An Inkling firing the Bubble Blower.
Bubbles with one main and three subs of Special Power Up.
For competitive tips about the Bubble Blower
|View the strategy page.|
- The Bubble Blower was the first special weapon in the Splatoon franchise to have been added post-release.
- It was, however, given an official description in-game with the initial release, confirming it would be added, unlike the Booyah Bomb and Ultra Stamp.
- The weapons with the smallest special gauges for Bubble Blower are the Custom E-liter 4K, Custom E-liter 4K Scope and Custom Range Blaster at 170p each, while the largest is the Explosher at 210p.
- There are no brushes or dualies with the Bubble Blower as their special, nor is it paired with Burst Bombs, Autobombs, Ink Mines, Toxic Mist or Point Sensors as their sub weapon.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzaburbujas||Bubble thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzapompas||Bubble blower|