The Bubble Blower allows players to create three large bubbles. The bubbles slowly move and bounce in the direction the player fired them. As the bubbles move, they grow when hit by the user's ink and shrink when hit by the opposing team's ink. If the player or their team pops the bubble, a lethal blast of ink splats any enemy close to the bubble and inks the area. If too much time passes without a bubble being popped, or if the enemy pops one, it will fizzle away without a deadly blast of ink.
- Blowing bubbles in positions such as narrow hallways, or near objectives such as the tower or rainmaker give cover or block path.
- Bombs can also be used while the Special is still going, makes popping the bubbles faster.
- Similar to the Splash Wall, bombs that make contact with the bubble will explode immediately.
|Weapon||Ally Multiplier||Enemy Multiplier|
|Curling Bomb (Touch)||1.2×||1×|
- Damage values: 250, 50.
- Touch damage: 0.5 per frame
- Special use duration: 8 seconds.
- Bubble max duration: 12 seconds.
- Bubble HP for allies: 400 HP.
- HP doubled for enemies.
- For allies, bubbles take 40 damage per second while they heal that amount for enemies instead. However, bubbles can only be popped if they are actually attacked.
- Allies deal 20% more damage to their own team's bubbles.
- Enemies deal more damage to shrunken bubbles.
- Special Power Up: Bubble size and blast radius increased.
- Object Shredder: Increases damage the bubble deals to objects, and increases damage dealt to the bubble by 30%.
An Inkling firing the Bubble Blower.
- The Bubble Blower was the first special weapon in the Splatoon franchise to have been added post-release.
- It was however, given an official description in-game with the initial release, confirming it would be added, unlike the Autobomb Launcher.
- There are no Dualies with Bubble Blower as their special.
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzaburbujas||Bubble thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzapompas||Bubble blower|