When activated, the Inkling can fly about in the air and shoot Blaster-like projectiles. The jet will also leave a trail of ink which comes out of the jet's exhaust which can also splat enemy players. While the player is mid-air, they can switch to squid form to easily dodge sniper shots and confuse enemy players. When the special is finished, the player will Super Jump back to the location where they activated the Inkjet. Be aware that the Inkjet's landing marker will be visible to all players, much like a Super Jump marker. Unlike other specials, if the player falls off the map, the player will super jump back to the location where they activated the Inkjet and the special will end.
|“||This launches you into the air by spraying out ink, allowing you to attack opponents with the attached launcher. You can fly temporarily higher by pressing .||”|
— In-game Description
- Flying in the air can make players a sitting duck for most weapons, especially Chargers. Either get out of the way quickly, or pick them off.
- When the special is finished, the player will Super Jump back to the location where they activated the special. That location has an Inkjet mark in the user's team color, where it's easy for enemy team to ambush them after the special is finished. This can be combated by using the ability Drop Roller to avoid the possible ambush.
- The Inkjet fires two streams of ink at the ground for it to elevate. Try not to be under the enemy player that is using the Inkjet, as these streams are able to deal damage. Upon being splatted, the message "Splatted by Inkjet Exhaust!" will appear.
- Because the Inkjet propels players in the air by two streams of ink, if the player is flying over a grate then they will drop and walk on the grates. Try to avoid these in order to stay above the high ground.
A side view of an Inkling firing the Inkjet.
- The Inkjet's name is a reference to an Inkjet printer.
- The ink-tank resembles like a soda-bottle.( having the same font-signature and bottle-form like the ink-missiles from the Tenta Missiles)
Names in other languages
|Italian||Jet splat||Jet splat|