When activated, the player can fly about in the air and shoot Blaster-like projectiles. The jet will also leave a trail of ink which comes out of the jet's exhaust which can also splat enemy players. While the player is mid-air, they can switch to squid or octopus form to easily dodge sniper shots and confuse enemy players. When the special is finished, the player will Super Jump back to the location where they activated the Inkjet. Be aware that the Inkjet's landing marker will be visible to all players, much like a Super Jump marker. Unlike other specials, if the player falls off the map, the player will super jump back to the location where they activated the Inkjet and the special will end. When using the Inkjet, the player is unable to obtain the Rainmaker or score Power Clam touchdowns.
Even though users of Inkjet are technically flying and not running, Inkjet users have their movement speed boosted by Run Speed Up. Movement speed is also determined by the main weapon's strafing speed. 
- Flying in the air can make players a sitting duck for most weapons, especially chargers. Either get out of the way quickly or pick them off.
- When the special is finished, the player will Super Jump back to the location where they activated the special. That location has an Inkjet mark in the user's team color, where it is easy for the enemy team to ambush them after the special is finished. This can be combated by using the ability Drop Roller to avoid the possible ambush.
- The Inkjet fires two streams of ink at the ground for it to elevate. Try not to be under the enemy player that is using the Inkjet, as these streams are able to deal damage. Upon being splatted, the message "Splatted by Inkjet Exhaust!" will appear.
- Because the Inkjet propels players in the air by two streams of ink, if the player is flying over a grate then they will drop and walk on the grates. Try to avoid these in order to stay above the high ground.
A side view of an Inkling firing the Inkjet.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Inkjet's name is a reference to an inkjet printer.
- There are no Inkjet sets that have Splash Walls, Squid Beakons, or Sprinklers as their sub weapon.
- There are no sloshers or brellas with the Inkjet as their special.
- There is an upside-down bottle located on the back of the Inkjet that stores the ink that is used to lift the player off of the ground.
- The Inkjet is very similar to F.L.U.D.D. from Super Mario Sunshine.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Jet splat||Jet splat|