When activated, the player can fly about in the air and shoot Blaster-like projectiles. The jet also leaves a trail of ink which comes out of the jet's exhaust and can also splat enemy players. While the player is in mid-air, they can switch to squid or octopus form to easily dodge sniper shots and confuse enemy players. Players can also press while hovering to gain a temporary boost in height. When the special is finished, the player Super Jumps back to the location where they activated the Inkjet. Be aware that the Inkjet's landing marker is visible to all players, much like a Super Jump marker. Unlike other specials, if the player falls off the stage, the player Super Jumps back to the location where they activated the Inkjet and the special ends. When using the Inkjet, the player is unable to obtain the Rainmaker or score Power Clam touchdowns.
Even though users of Inkjet are technically flying and not running, Inkjet users have their movement speed boosted by Run Speed Up. Movement speed is also determined by the main weapon's strafing speed.
- Flying in the air can make players a sitting duck for most weapons, especially chargers. Either get out of the way quickly or pick them off.
- When the special is finished, the player Super Jumps back to the location where they activated the special. That location has an Inkjet mark in the user's team color, where it is easy for the enemy team to ambush them after the special is finished. This can be combated by using the ability Drop Roller to avoid the possible ambush.
- The Inkjet fires two streams of ink at the ground for it to elevate. Try not to be under the enemy player that is using the Inkjet, as these streams are able to deal damage. Upon being splatted, the message "Splatted by Inkjet Exhaust!" appears.
- The Inkjet cannot fly above grates, such as the rope grates near the spawns on Camp Triggerfish. The player drops and walks on the grating instead. Try to avoid this to stay at maximum height.
|“||This launches you into the air by spraying out ink, allowing you to attack opponents with the attached launcher.
You can fly temporarily higher by pressing .
|“||Use a jet of ink to propel yourself into the air and attack with the attached Launcher.
Press to temporarily increase your height.
— Splatoon 2 Sub & Special Guide(EU)[b]
- North America and Oceania
A side view of an Inkling firing the Inkjet.
- The Inkjet's name is a reference to an inkjet printer.
- The weapons with the lowest point requirements for Inkjet are the Splash-o-matic, Custom Goo Tuber, Octobrush and Herobrush Replica with 170p each, whilst the weapons with the highest point requirements for Inkjet are the Tentatek Splattershot, Octo Shot Replica, L-3 Nozzlenose D, Ballpoint Splatling and Enperry Splat Dualies with 200p each.
- There are no rollers, sloshers or brellas that have Inkjet as their special weapon, nor is it paired with the Point Sensor, Splash Wall, Sprinkler, Squid Beakon, Fizzy Bomb or Torpedo as its sub weapon.
- There is an upside-down bottle located on the back of the Inkjet that stores the ink that is used to lift the player off of the ground.
- The Inkjet is very similar to the Hover Nozzle used by F.L.U.D.D. in Super Mario Sunshine.
- The Inkjet on most stages can go over certain walls, like the ones in Kelp Dome, allowing the player to presumably ambush players behind said walls.
- This weapon is used on the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
|Italian||Jet splat||Jet splat|