When activated, the Inkling can fly about in the air and shoot Blaster-like projectiles. The jet will also leave a trail of ink which comes out of the jet's exhaust which can also splat enemy players. While the player is mid-air, they can switch to squid form to easily dodge sniper shots and confuse enemy players. When the special is finished, the player will Super Jump back to the location where they activated the Inkjet. Be aware that the Inkjet's landing marker will be visible to all players, much like a Super Jump marker. Unlike other specials, if the player falls off the map, the player will super jump back to the location where they activated the Inkjet and the special will end.
|“||This launches you into the air by spraying out ink, allowing you to attack opponents with the attached launcher. You can fly temporarily higher by pressing .||”|
— In-game Description
- Flying in the air can make players a sitting duck for most weapons, especially Chargers. Either get out of the way quickly, or pick them off.
- When the special is finished, the player will Super Jump back to the location where they activated the special. That location has an Inkjet mark in the user's team color, where it's easy for enemy team to ambush them after the special is finished. This can be combated by using the ability Drop Roller to avoid the possible ambush.
- The Inkjet fires two streams of ink at the ground for it to elevate. Try not to be under the enemy player that is using the Inkjet, as these streams are able to deal damage. Upon being splatted, the message "Splatted by Inkjet Exhaust!" will appear.
- Because the Inkjet propels players in the air by two streams of ink, if the player is flying over a grate then they will drop and walk on the grates. Try to avoid these in order to stay above the high ground.
- ▼ Increased the size of the hit box of the player using the Inkjet, making them easier to shoot down.
- ▼ Decreased damage radius of Inkjet shots hitting the ground by roughly 17% and radius of ink coverage by roughly 20%.
- ▼ Decreased damage dealt to players standing directly beneath the Inkjet’s jets by roughly 75%.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers by direct hits or shot splash damage by roughly 100%.
- ▲ The hitbox of the player using Inkjet was slightly decreased, making it a bit harder to shoot the player down.
- ▲ Increased bullet velocity by roughly 19%.
- ▲ Made it so the player can change direction of movement more quickly than before.
A side view of an Inkling firing the Inkjet.
- The Inkjet's name is a reference to an Inkjet printer.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Jet splat||Jet splat|
Weapons in Splatoon 2