Kensa Splattershot Jr.
The Kensa Splattershot Jr. was released on 7 November 2018 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with Torpedoes and the Bubble Blower, as well as a larger ink tank with 10% more capacity – just like its variants, the Splattershot Jr. and the Custom Splattershot Jr. – making it even more ink efficient.
- The Kensa Splattershot Jr. is a lightweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 110. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The ink consumption of 0.43% and ink tank capacity of 110% allows players to fire 255 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 10 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 2 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots (12 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 15 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 28.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 0.875 damage per frame until it reaches 14 damage at frame 24.
- The bullet hitbox has a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 12 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 15 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Kensa Splattershot Jr. starts off having a 4% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 2% per shot, and maximizes at a 40% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 18 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Accuracy starts recovering 5 frames after the player stops shooting. The chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 1% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 41 frames to reach maximum accuracy.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 66 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 18.945 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Ink droplets occur every 95 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.4 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 7 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 19.7 units, and a width of 12 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.9 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- If no ink droplets have occurred within 11 units of the player for 3 shots, the next shot the player makes will force a paint droplet to appear at the player's feet.
The Kensa Splattershot Jr. is a limited edition version of the Splattershot Jr. created in collaboration with Toni Kensa!
For competitive tips about the Kensa Splattershot Jr.
|View the strategy page.|
- In Splatoon 2, the Splattershot Jr. family of weapons are the only weapons in the game with a different design, higher capacity Ink Tank.
Names in other languages
|Fallen Leaves Shooter|
|Dutch||Toni Kensa Superspetter Jr.||Toni Kensa Supersplatter Jr.|
|French||Liquidateur Jr. K||Liquidator Jr. K|
|German||Kensa-Junior-Kleckser||Kensa Junior Splodger|
|Italian||Sparacolore Nero Marlin||Toni Kensa color shooter|
|Splattershot jr. T.K.|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rociador básico Tonken||Toni Kensa basic sprayer|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzatintas novato elegante||Toni Kensa Newbie Splattershot|