The special is very similar in function to the Bomb Rush special from Splatoon, but allows players to throw the bombs farther and with greater accuracy. It separates itself from the Bomb Rush since the bombs fired are not dependent on the player's sub weapon, although the bombs are not affected by sub weapon altering stats and the remaining bombs thrown during the special do not fill the special gauge after time is up.
Unlike any other weapon in the Splatoon games, the Bomb Launcher is thrown from the left side of the player and not from the right side.
- Without the aid of any Special Power Up, the Splat-Bomb Launcher, Suction-Bomb Launcher, and Autobomb Launcher are able to launch eleven bombs within the duration. The Curling-Bomb Launcher is able to launch twelve bombs before the special runs out. The Burst-Bomb Launcher is able to launch seventeen bombs before the special runs out.
Version history (Curling-Bomb Launcher)
Autobomb Launcher icon.
Burst-Bomb Launcher icon.
Curling-Bomb Launcher icon.
Splat-Bomb Launcher icon.
Suction-Bomb Launcher icon.
Splat-Bomb Launcher in Musselforge Fitness.
|View the quotation page.|
- None of the sub weapons on any Bomb Launcher sets match the bombs thrown from the Launcher.
- The Bomb Launcher is designed after the Ultra Machine, a batting toy made by Nintendo in 1967. This is likely referenced in their Japanese name, Bomb Pitchers.
- While on the Bomb Launcher's rail, the bombs are inside gashapon capsules, and the two halves of the capsule can be seen being discarded as each bomb is thrown.
- As visible in the promo image, the Bomb Launcher has its own ink reservoir, explaining why throwing bombs during the special does not drain the player's own ink.
- Although difficult to hear, while active, the Bomb Launcher plays a chiptune version of the intro to Bomb Rush Blush, despite how the song is named after its predecessor, the Bomb Rush.
- Before the release of the Bamboozler 14 Mk II, data mining had already revealed in-game data for the Burst-Bomb Launcher, including images for its weapon icon.
- There were meant to be three weapons with Autobomb Launcher as their special, not two. However, the Tri-Slosher Nouveau ended up getting released with the Ink Storm.
- No splatlings have a form of the Bomb Launcher as their special, except canned specials.
Names in other languages
Add translations for the Autobomb- and Burst Bomb Launchers
|Bomb Launcher||Splat-Bomb Launcher|
|Suction-Bomb Launcher||Curling-Bomb Launcher|
|Autobomb Launcher||Burst-Bomb Launcher|