Kensa Rapid Blaster
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A.k.a.: Rapid, Krapid
Strengths: range, splash damage
Weaknesses: Slow turfing, low ink efficiency
|Ink Saver (Sub)||Decreases ink usage of Torpedoes (only one may be active at a time)|
|Main Power Up||Increases both accuracy while jumping and explosion radius|
|Swim Speed Up||Increases swimming speed for both pursuing and zoning out opponents|
- In contrast to the original variant of the Rapid Blaster, which has a supportive build, the Kensa variant has a build suited for a slayer, similar to that of the Rapid Blaster Deco. However, the Kensa variant's build enables it to be a more effective slayer than the Deco variant.
- Use the blast radius to damage opponents hiding around corners, behind obstacles, up ledges, or behind the shield of a Brella — fire around instead of at the shield when an opposing Brella wielder puts it up. This especially comes in handy when attacking the Tower.
- Like most blasters, the Kensa Rapid Blaster is both mediocre at turfing and far less ink efficient than other shooters. Keep an eye on the ink tank and avoid getting surrounded by opposing ink. Consider using ink-replenishing or ink-saving abilities, such as Ink Recovery Up, if the ink tank keeps getting low too often.
- Because of its lack of turfing, mobility will be limited. Rolling Torpedos and Swim Speed Up can each help either approach or retreat from opponents.
- Torpedoes have a variety of uses, especially a few that minimize the main weapon's weaknesses.
- Torpedoes are a noxious distraction tool, poking at opponents during the neutral phase.
- When rolled on the floor or against a wall like a Splat Bomb, a Torpedo will remain in its first stage and explode in a similar fashion, albeit less powerfully. Once its damage (60 direct, 35 splash) is confirmed, immediately follow up with a direct hit from the main weapon (85) to quickly splat an opponent.
- Both phases of the Torpedo turf more efficiently than the main weapon can, aiding in both mobility and building up the special gauge.
- While only one Torpedo may be used at a time, Ink Saver (Sub) can still conserve ink for each use of Torpedo, saving ink for the main weapon.
- The Baller is a versatile special weapon with a variety of uses:
- Taking control of a certain area of the stage, such as a Splat Zone or underneath the opponents' Clam basket.
- Forcing the opponents to clear an area, whether leading a Tower or Rainmaker push or stopping one.
- Providing its user an extra layer of protection, such as when fleeing an unsafe situation or while riding the Tower at a checkpoint. In the latter case, be wary of getting knocked off of the Tower by the opponents' weapons.
- After the Baller's explosion, nearby opponents not splatted are often damaged enough for one or two hits from either the main or sub weapon to splat them.
- Any weapon with a combination of longer range, better mobility, or higher damage output without sacrificing too much mobility or ink efficiency – such as any variants of the Splattershot Pro or the .96 Gal – can counter a Kensa Rapid Blaster. However, be aware of both the splash damage and the Torpedoes.
- Neither variant of the Splat Brella can sufficiently protect from both the splash damage of the Kensa Rapid Blaster and the Torpedo. However, all three variants of the Tenta Brella can provide enough protection.
- Try to exploit the Kensa Rapid Blaster's poor ink efficiency and mediocre turfing by containing it with ink. Sub weapons and teammates can help accomplish this.
- Any long-ranged weapon, such as a charger or most splatlings, can fire with impunity at a Kensa Rapid Blaster as long as it zones out the latter and avoids getting too distracted by Torpedoes. Do not stay too close to the edge of a ledge to avoid the splash damage.
- Whenever possible, shoot down opponents' Torpedoes as soon as possible to prevent both the damage and the turfing from the resulting droplets.
- When attacked by an opponent's Baller, if possible, concentrate fire on the Baller – especially with bombs – to quickly destroy it and prevent its explosion.
- If an opponent riding the Tower activates Baller, attack it at a proper angle – away from the Tower's stake – to knock it off of the Tower.
- Splashdown can destroy a Baller if executed before the Baller initiates its explosion. The Baller's user will remain unsplatted, so prepare a follow-up attack.
- The Kensa Rapid Blaster is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 7% allows players to fire 14 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 6 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 35 frames between shots.
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
Rapiddo Burastā Betchū
|Rapid Blaster Bespoke|
|Dutch||Toni Kensa Flitsblaster||Toni Kensa Flash blaster|
|French||Turboblaster K||Turbo Blaster K|
|Russian||Бластермат от С.Кусаки
Blastermat ot S.Kusaki
|Blastershot from S.Kusaki|