Hero Brella Replica
The weapon's shots resemble that of a shotgun; it has wide spread and short range, but not as wide and short-ranged as a roller. The player can press and hold to open the umbrella, which will shield the player from any attacks in the direction they are facing. If the player continues to hold for about two seconds, the umbrella will separate from the weapon and fly forward, becoming a fast-moving shield that the player can use to penetrate enemy defenses. Once separated, the player will not be able to use the umbrella's opening function for a while.
The Hero Brella Replica are visually identical to the Hero Brella used in the Octo Canyon single player, but is simply a re skinned Splat Brella. Therefore unlike the switchable Subs of the Hero Brella, it comes in a set with Sprinklers and Ink Storm. The Hero Brella Replica is unlocked by completing every mission with the Hero Brella, where it becomes available for purchase at Ammo Knights.
- The Splat Brella's shield has 500 HP.
- The shield takes 2.0 seconds to be launched, and 6.5 seconds to return.
- Each shot consumes 5.5% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 18 shots before needing to refill.
- Holding long enough after firing to deploy the shield uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 35% of the ink tank is used in total to release the shield.
- The shield absorbs Rainmaker shots, taking damage from them but not allowing them to explode. This is not the case for bombs, as it will explode on impact, dealing damage to anything in front of the shield
- The shield is unaffected by Object Shredder. No additional damage will be dealt.
- Ink Storm and Sting Ray ignore the shield, dealing damage directly to the player.
- A released shield breaks Ink Armor on impact.
- A released shield will break if it touches a Splash Wall, another brella shield, or the Rainmaker shield.
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 170 → 160
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 160 → 180
- ▲ Decreased time required to begin opening the umbrella by 8/60 of a second.
- ▲ After beginning to open the umbrella, decreased time required for it to open completely by 10/60 of a second.
- ▲ Increased movement speed while the umbrella is open by roughly 38%.
- ▲ While keeping the maximum damage of one shot burst at 90, increased the damage delivered by each shot that lands from 15 to 18.
- ▲ Decreased damage done to the umbrella by shooters (excluding blasters), splatlings, and dualies by roughly 30%.
- ▲ The umbrella will no longer be destroyed immediately after coming into contact with a Baller.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers when shooting ink by roughly 30%.
- — Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule to display outside the center of the screen when moving the camera and using a roller or brella-type weapon.
- — Fixed an issue causing brellas to shoot in an off-center direction when shooting them while moving the camera.
- — Fixed an issue causing a discrepancy in movement speed while trying to shoot a brella-type weapon with no ink remaining, as opposed to shooting a brella with ink in the ink tank.
- — Fixed an issue allowing brella weapons used by opponents to shoot while their umbrellas remained open.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 190
- ▼ Narrowed area painted with a single shot.
- ▼ Ink consumption per shot: 5.0% → 5.5%
- ▼ Increased damage to the canopy from blaster-type weapons by roughly 38%.
- ▼ Increased damage to the canopy from charger-type weapons by roughly 50%.
List of variants
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
hīrō sherutā repurika
|Hero Shelter Replica|
|French (NOA)||Para-encre héroïque (rép.)|
|French (NOE)||Para-encre héroïque (réplique)||Hero Splat Brella (replica)|
|Italian||Sparasole élite replica|
|Spanish (NOA)||Paratintas de élite réplica|
|Spanish (NOE)||Paratintas de élite (réplica)||Elite inkbrella (replica)|
Weapons in Splatoon 2