The weapon shoots special ink rounds that burst like fireworks after traveling a certain distance. These bursts can deal damage in a wide area, allowing its user to attack opponents hiding behind obstacles and around corners. The explosive round does enough damage to splat opponents with only one direct hit, or two indirect hits. The firing rate is faster than the Range Blaster, and slower than the Luna Blaster.
The weapon's appearance is based on the idea of a "hot rod", or custom, car. The rear of the weapon is a spray can, the kind of spray can that would be used to custom-paint a car. The middle of the weapon exposes the internals of the weapon, as if to make it easier for the owner to tweak and maintain any custom parts inside. The exposed spring resembles the coil springs in car suspensions. The front of the weapon features a flame design characteristic of custom-painted cars, which is painted on an object that resembles a muffler. The weapon even has the word "custom" in the title of its variant, the Custom Blaster.
The Blaster comes in a set with the Disruptors and Killer Wail. The weapon consumes 8% of the ink tank's capacity with each shot, and the ink tank refills 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing for 15 shots to be fired before needing to refill on ink.
An Inkling firing a Blaster shot.
Promo for Forge, with a male Inkling (center) holding the Blaster.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Blaster at the upper left.
Japanese promo for Splatoon-themed stamps for the instant messaging app LINE, with one featuring a Blaster.
The Blaster returns in Splatoon 2 with the same appearance and slightly changed performance. It comes with the Toxic Mist and Splashdown. The weapon consumes 10% of the ink tank's capacity with each shot, allowing for 10 shots to be fired before needing to refill on ink.
- The Blaster is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 10% allows players to fire 10 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 7 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes ? frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 50 frames between bullets.
- After firing, there is a 60 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
|View the quotation page.|
- Concept art for the Blaster reveal that the rear of the weapon was originally designed after a gumball machine or gachapon instead of the spray can used in the final design.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Éclablasteur||Burst Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Éclablaster||Burst Blaster|
|German||Blaster||Same as English name|
|Italian||Blaster||Same as English name|
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzamotas||Speck Thrower|
- Noted as 100.0 in official release notes