It has a very short charge time, only needing approximately 0.33 seconds to reach the first level of charge, and 0.5 seconds to reach the second level of charge, and more maneuverability than the Heavy Splatling. However, its range is significantly shorter than the Heavy Splatling, and it shoots for less time. Only shooting for 0.6 seconds at the first level of charge, and 1.2 seconds at the second level of charge. Each fully charged attack consumes 15% of the ink tank capacity, allowing users to fire six full charges before needing to refill. Each ink bullet deals enough damage to splat opponents in four hits.
"The Mini Splatling is a Splatling cannon with a short charge time and easy handling. Using the Suction Bombs skillfully will allow you to pressure the enemy from right on the front lines! Making a decisive assault with a fully charged Inkzooka is another effective route to victory!(NA)[a]
"The Mini Splatling is a Splatling with an improved mechanism, resulting in much quicker charge times. Using the Suction Bombs skilfully will allow you to pressure the enemy from right on the front lines! Then once you've charged your Special Gauge, go on an all-out offensive with the help of the Inkzooka.(EU/OC)[b]
|“||A lightweight and powerful Splatling. A short charge time and rapid rate of fire deny the opponent any chance to catch their breath.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)[b]
|“||The Mini Splatling has a short charge time and easy handling. Also, everyone knows that mini things are cute. Look at how cute that Mini Splatling is. You know what's better than just a Mini Splating? A Mini Splatling with Suction Bombs and an Inkzooka!||”|
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
Promo for Museum d'Alfonsino - the farthest Inkling is holding the Mini Splatling.
- While Main Power Up will increase the number of shots fired, it will not increase the ink consumption relative to the amount charged, making the weapon comparatively more ink efficient.
- The Mini Splatling is a middleweight weapon.
- The full charge ink consumption of 17.25% allows players to fully charge 5 times before needing to refill the ink tank.
- When charging the weapon, it will take 20 frames in order to charge its first ring and 30 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 36 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 72 frames.
- When firing, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.8 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.7 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 30 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 11 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 19.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 4 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 8 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Mini Splatling has a 0.3% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 0.3%.
- The shot's velocity is set to 11.05 units, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 100 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.6 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 5 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 10 units of the player have a radius of 19 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 18 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.6 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
The Mini Splatling has a reduced charge time thanks to a revision to the firing mechanism! You can also use Burst Bombs to paint the walls, making for a more three-dimensional battlefield! With the included Tenta Missiles you can rain down splattage from above. This is a great set for leaders who want to set the pace of battle.
Door een wijziging van het afvuurmechanisme laadt de Mini-Spletling sneller op dan andere wapens van dezelfde klasse! Gebruik een Ballonbom om de muren te verven en het slagveld driedimensionaal te maken! En laat het inkt regenen met de Spetterraketten! Vecht slim en leid je team naar de overwinning! (NL/B)[a]
- The Netherlands and Belgium
- This weapon is used in the following Octo Expansion levels:
- This weapon has the most expensive Tenta Missiles in the game (210 p).
Mini Splatling is derived from Mini, and a portmanteau of Splat and Gatling.
スプラスピナー Supura Supinā is a combination of either Splat or Splash, and Spinner. Spinner is due to the fact that the barrels of the Mini Splatling rotate while charging and firing.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Badigeonneur XP||Splatling XS|
|French (NOE)||Badigeonneur XS||XS Painter|
|Italian||Mini Splatling||Mini Splatling|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tintralladora ligera||Light Ink-machine gun|