The Kensa Splattershot is a black-and-white Splattershot with the Toni Kensa signature red clothespin attached to the grip under the muzzle. Unlike the Splattershot and the Tentatek Splattershot, the ink reservoir of the Kensa Splattershot does not change with the user's ink color and is always white.
- The Kensa Splattershot is a slayer's weapon, designed to splat an enemy in as few as three hits with its rapid firing, good accuracy, and short to medium range. Main Power Up can further increase its accuracy, particularly when jumping, preserving more accuracy while jump strafing.
- Offensively, its good mobility allows its user to force the action and apply pressure onto the opponent, eliminating key defenders during a push. Some abilities, such as Quick Respawn, can encourage more risk-taking when pursuing an opponent, while others, such as Stealth Jump, enable the player to return to the front lines more quickly after getting splatted.
- Defensively, its rapid rate of fire makes it great at both sharking to pick off unaware opponents and turfing to maintain map control. Its good overall ink efficiency also allows its user to more readily use Suction Bombs to keep opponents at bay.
- The Kensa Splattershot is faster and more efficient at turfing than most other slayer's weapons, allowing its user to both maintain map control and build up its special weapon more quickly than most other weapons. Comeback further improves both overall ink efficiency and the rate of building up the Tenta Missiles for twenty seconds after respawning.
- Use the Suction Bombs to either clear areas, such as the Tower, of opponents or set traps. Note that it takes two seconds after attaching to a surface to detonate, as opposed to the one second for a Splat Bomb.
- The Tenta Missiles can be used both as a pseudo- Echolocator and a means to force the opponents to move out of position:
- After activating the Tenta Missiles, use its tracking phase to determine enemy locations and maximize the number of targets targeted. However, do not wait too long to deploy the missiles as you are vulnerable to close-range attacks in this phase.
- Tenta Missiles can counter an opponent's Sting Ray if anticipated early enough; the opponent will be forced to either delay or interrupt it to avoid getting splatted by the missiles, throwing off their aim.
- Any weapon that has a combination of longer range, better accuracy, or higher damage output without sacrificing too much mobility can counter a Splattershot. For example, the Splattershot Pro and its variants meet all of these requirements.
- A long-ranged weapon, such as a charger or most splatlings, can attack a Splattershot from long distance with impunity. However, once the Splattershot gets close, the tables are turned, as it can outmaneuver and outdraw its less mobile, slower firing opponent.
- When pursued by a Splattershot, using almost any sub weapon (except for Squid Beakons) can either delay their pursuit or deter them from chasing. Weapons that track opponents, such as Point Sensors, temporarily prevent them from sharking and makes them an easier target for long-ranged teammates.
- To prevent sharking, keep track of all four members of the enemy team - which ones are still active, which ones are splatted, and which ones Super Jumped back to their spawn point - and turf suspicious puddles of enemy ink, preferably with a sub weapon.
- When pursuing a Kensa Splattershot, be wary of any Suction Bomb traps they might plant while retreating, such as around a corner or underneath a grate.
- Be mindful when the opponent both has Tenta Missiles ready and when they deployed them. When the opponent deploys them, avoid teammates - even when not targeted, as a targeted player crossing paths with a teammate might cause the other to get injured or splatted.
- The Kensa Splattershot is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 1% allows players to fire 100 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 1.09375 damage per frame until it reaches 17.5 damage at frame 24.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 6 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Kensa Splattershot starts off having a 1% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 1% per shot, and maximizes at a 25% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle. Meaning that it takes 24 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- When not shooting, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 0.5% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum. Meaning that it takes 48 frames to reach maximum accuracy. (78 after shooting while jumping.)
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 88 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 14.495 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 92 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.5 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 6 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 18 units, and a width of 12 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.8 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
An Octoling girl with the Kensa Splattershot.
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
Supura shūtā becchū
|Splat Shooter Bespoke|
|Dutch||Toni Kensa Superspetter||Toni Kensa Supersplatter|
|French (NOE)||Liquidateur K||Liquidator K|
|Italian||Splasher Nero Marlin||Black Marlin Splasher|
|Russian||Каплестрел от С.Кусаки
Kaplestrel ot S.Kusaki
|Splattershot from S.Kusaki|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rociador Tonken||Tonken Sprayer|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzatintas elegante||Elegant ink thrower|