My grandpappy's blueprints inspired me to update the Classic Squiffer set. I call it the New Squiffer!
Use the Inkzooka to keep foes at bay as you surround your territory with deadly Ink Mines!
Charger-type weapons are generally offensive, but a defensive style can be surprisingly effective too!(NA)[a]
|“||Sheldon has used the blueprints to adjust the sub and special setup. Trap your opponents in a sticky situation with the sub, or deliver a long-range strike with the special.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)[a]
|“||Sheldon has used the blueprints to adjust the Sub and Special setup. Trap your opponents in a sticky situation with the Sub or deliver a long-range strike with the Special.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)[b]
|“||While this weapon shares the upsides and downsides of the Classic Squiffer, the addition of Ink Mines, in particular, add effectiveness to hit-and-run attacks and objective control. With no Bubbler to keep you safe, consider using the Defense Up ability so you can absorb more damage.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
An Inkling holding the New Squiffer.
- The New Squiffer is a middleweight weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 1.867% to 10.5% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 10.5% allows players to fire 9 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The New Squiffer can store its charge while swimming.
- A stored charge can be held for up to 1.25 seconds.
- The New Squiffer can only store its charge if the weapon is fully charged.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and being able to fire the charge is 20 frames.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and the laser appearing is 15 frames.
- It takes 0.75 seconds to fully charge the weapon.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 25%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 100%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 0.75 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.3 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 40 to 80 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 140.
- Shot velocity scales from 24 to 36 depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 93 to 168 depending on the charge level.
|Main Power Up||Increases the weapon's range|
|Ink Saver (Sub)||Reduces the Autobomb's ink consumption|
The New Squiffer offers the same main stats as the Classic Squiffer, but it offers a more offensive style!
Pressure your opponents with an Autobomb, and splat 'em when they come out into the open!
And when you're under pressure, use the Baller to rush the enemy or retreat. This baby is made for ultra-aggressive players.
Firing the New Squiffer at Moray Towers.
- Like the Classic Squiffer, the New Squiffer appears to be designed after a spray bottle.
- The "New" sticker seems to be designed after similar to packaging callouts used in marketing of new or improved forumlas for cleaning products and food items.
Names in other languages
|Squicklean β (from "squid", "quick" and "clean")|
|Dutch||Octopoets Ultra||From octo and poets (polish) + ultra|
|French (NOA)||Lignizateur bêta|
|French (NOE)||Décap'express Bêta||Express Scourer β|
|Italian||Kalamarapid β||From calamaro (squid) and rapid|
|Spanish (NOA)||Delineador X (Splatoon)
Delineador Y (Splatoon 2)
|Eyeliner X (Splatoon) |
Eyeliner Y (Splatoon 2)
|Spanish (NOE)||Kalarrapid β||From calamar (squid) and rapid|