|Min. Splash Damage||30|
|Direct Hit Damage||180|
|Base Duration||10s when not revealed,
1s when revealed
|Base Ink Usage||50%|
The Ink Mine is an explosive that can be placed on the floor directly under the Inkling who placed it. It is invisible to enemies, unless they have the Bomb Sniffer ability. If any members of the opposing team walk on or stand near the Ink Mine, it will explode in a burst of ink. After a period of time, if no enemies have come near the Ink Mine, it will explode. It will also explode if it is covered in the enemy's ink.
|“||These devices are placed on the ground and remain in place until they explode. Ink Mines are triggered by enemy movement, but they will also explode on their own if enemy movement hasn't been detected within approximately ten seconds. Drop Ink Mines in high-traffic chokepoints where enemy movement is guaranteed- paths leading out of the opposing team's spawn point are effective. They're also effective when dropped at the top of heavily traversed walls. To avoid getting surprised by enemy Ink Mines, stay within friendly ink. When coated with your team's ink, an enemy Ink Mine will become visible and explode, spreading enemy ink over a wide area. So keep your distance from these mines, even when you've uncovered one.||”|
— Splatoon Prima guide
- Ink Mines can be very effective in Tower Control. When detonated on top of the tower, it will completely cover the tower in ink and annihilate any enemy players standing on top of it.
- If you are being chased, you can place a mine behind you as you run and hope the enemy runs into it.
- Ink Mines are effective in Splat Zones as enemies will usually be within the zones.
- Ink Mines are very common in Tower Control, so it is recommended to equip shoes with the ability Bomb Sniffer. You will be forced off the tower unless you use a special weapon, but at least it will give you a chance to jump off, wait for the explosion, and then retake the tower.
- ▲ Ink consumption: 60% → 50%
- ▲ An Ink Mine can be set when one has already been placed.
- Note: Placing the second Ink Mine will cause the first unexploded one to disappear.
- ▲ Reduced the distance the player is moved backwards when placing an Ink Mine
|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.
Up to two Ink Mines can now be placed at once, and if anyone hit by a mine survives their position will be temporarily marked as if they were exposed to a Point Sensor.
- Ink Mines are the least common Sub Weapon, included in just five weapon sets.
- There are no Splatlings or Sloshers with the Ink Mine as their Sub Weapon.
An Inkling placing an Ink Mine.
Official art of an Inkling with a Ink Mine and an Aerospray RG.
Another with a New Squiffer.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Mine d'encre||Ink Mine|
|Spanish (NOA)||Mina de tinta||Ink Mine|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bomba Trampa||Trap Bomb|
|Weapons in Splatoon 2|