The Ink Mine is an explosive that can be placed on the floor directly under the Inkling who placed it. It is nearly invisible to enemies, unless they have the Bomb Sniffer ability. If any members of the opposing team walk on or stand near the Ink Mine, it will explode in a burst of ink. After a period of time, if no enemies have come near the Ink Mine, it will explode. It will also explode if it is covered in the enemy's ink.
Ink Mines last 10 seconds before detonating on their own, and will detonate in one second if triggered. Each Ink Mine uses 60% of the ink tank's capacity. It deals 180 damage to opponents caught directly in the blast, and 30 damage to those near the blast.
- When detonated on top of the tower, the Ink Mine will completely cover the tower in ink and annihilate any enemy players standing on top of it.
- Consider using Ink Mines where enemies are most likely to be, such as in the Splat Zones or in the path of a pursuing player.
- Bomb Sniffer allows players to see this otherwise hidden weapon.
- When placed on the ground, a paint droplet appears at where the Ink Mine was placed. This paint droplet has an area of 10 units.
- The Ink Mine will activate if any amount of enemy paint lands within 5 units from the very center of the mine, or if an enemy player walks within 20 units from the very center of the mine.
- The radius in which the Ink Mine deals 180 damage is 40 units.
- The radius in which the Ink Mine deals 30 damage is 80 units.
- When the Ink Mine explodes, it paints an area with a radius of 50 units.
An Inkling placing an Ink Mine.
Official art of an Inkling with a Ink Mine and an Aerospray RG.
Another with a New Squiffer.
Ink Mines now deal much less damage, but up to two mines can now be placed at once. If anyone hit by a mine survives, their position will be temporarily marked as if they were exposed to a Point Sensor, though with a base duration of 5 seconds instead of the Point Sensor's 8 seconds.
Ink Mines do not detonate on their own, so they will remain on the battlefield until triggered. Each Ink Mine uses 60% of the ink tank's capacity. It deals 45 damage to opponents caught directly in the blast, and 35 damage to those near the blast.
Players can now see the Ink Mines that they've placed via a slightly transparent icon of the mine. When an Ink Mine detonates, the icon gets a full color and a red X crosses over the detonated mine.
|View the quotation page.|
- Ink Mines are made by the Custom brand.
- Ink Mines are the least common sub weapon in Splatoon, included in just five weapon sets.
- There are no Splatlings or Sloshers with the Ink Mine as their sub weapon in Splatoon, but in Splatoon 2, the Custom Hydra Splatling comes with Ink Mines and Ink Armor.
- Ink mines cannot be placed on grates or uninkable surfaces.
- They also cannot be put too close to each other (i.e. within each other's radius).
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Mine d'encre||Ink Mine|
|Spanish (NOA)||Mina de tinta||Ink Mine|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bomba Trampa||Trap Bomb|