Ink Mine is a sub weapon in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. When placed, they are nearly invisible. They will go off if an opponent gets too close, the Mine gets inked over, or if the player who placed it places two more Mines.
The Ink Mine is an explosive that can be placed on the floor directly under the Inkling who placed it. It is nearly invisible to enemies unless they have the Bomb Sniffer ability. If any members of the opposing team walk on or stand near the Ink Mine, it will explode in a burst of ink. After a period of time, if no enemies have come near the Ink Mine, it will explode. It will also explode if it is covered in the enemy's ink.
Ink Mines last ten seconds before detonating on their own, and will detonate in one second if triggered. Each Ink Mine uses 60% of the ink tank's capacity. It deals 180 damage to opponents caught directly in the blast and 30 damage to those near the blast.
- When detonated on top of the Tower in Tower Control, the Ink Mine will completely cover the Tower in ink and annihilate any enemy players standing on top of it.
- Consider using Ink Mines where enemies are most likely to be, such as in the Splat Zones or in the path of a pursuing player.
- Bomb Sniffer allows players to see this otherwise hidden weapon.
- When placed on the ground, a paint droplet appears at where the Ink Mine was placed. This paint droplet has an area of ten units.
- The Ink Mine will activate if any amount of enemy paint lands within five units from the very center of the Mine, or if an enemy player walks within twenty units from the very center of the Mine.
- The radius in which the Ink Mine deals 180 damage is forty units.
- The radius in which the Ink Mine deals 30 damage is eighty units.
- When the Ink Mine explodes, it paints an area with a radius of fifty units.
An Inkling placing an Ink Mine.
Official art of an Inkling with an Ink Mine and an Aerospray RG.
Another with a New Squiffer.
Ink Mines now deal much less damage, but up to two mines can now be placed at once. If anyone hit by a mine survives, their position will be temporarily marked as if they were exposed to a Point Sensor, though with a base duration of five seconds instead of the Point Sensor's eight seconds.
Ink Mines explode when opponent gets too close or enemy ink covers it or when two Ink Mines are placed and then a third is placed, the first Ink Mine explodes.
Each Ink Mine uses 60% of the ink tank's capacity.
It deals 45 damage to opponents caught directly in the blast and 35 damage to those near the blast.
Players can now see the Ink Mines that they have placed via a slightly transparent icon of the mine. When an Ink Mine detonates, the icon gets a full color and a red X crosses over the detonated mine.
Ink Mine placed on the floor in Humpback Pump Track.
|View the quotation page.|
- Ink Mines are made by the Custom brand.
- No Ink Mine sets are sloshers, and nor do any have the Killer Wail or Echolocator as their special weapon.
- If the player hacks Ink Mines into the Octo Expansion and tries to use one, their game will crash.
- Ink Mines are the least common sub weapon, included in just five weapon sets.
- Ink Mines cannot be placed on grates or uninkable surfaces.
- They also cannot be put too close to each other (i.e. within each other's radius).
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Mine d'encre||Ink mine|
|Spanish (NOA)||Mina de tinta||Ink mine|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bomba Trampa||Trap Bomb|