- The N-ZAP '83 is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.8% allows players to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between bullets.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.8 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Bullets have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 6 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 15 degrees.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Bullets initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 88 units.
- Paint droplets occur every 100 units.
- The frequency at which paint drips from a bullet occurs at a rate of 1.65 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 11 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 19.2 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 18 units.
- All other paint droplets have a radius of 12.8 units.
An Inkling holding the N-ZAP '83.
|View the quotation page.|
- This weapon has the 1983 early version Family Computer motif. The early FC has square A and B buttons.
- As opposed to the N-ZAP '85 and the N-ZAP '89, the N-ZAP '83 has no real world equivalent due to the Famicom's zapper being modeled and colored to resemble a real world Revolver.
N-ZAP '83 is a shortened form of NES Zapper 1983. '83 is based on the year the Nintendo Family Computer was released, which serves as inspiration for the design of the N-ZAP '83.
The N-ZAP '83 has the same name origin in all regions.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||N-ZAP83||Shortened form of "NES Zapper 1983". Same as English name.|
|Dutch||N-ZAP '83||Same as English name.|
|French||N-ZAP 83||Same as English name.|
|German||N-ZAP83||Same as English name.|
|Italian||N-ZAP83||Same as English name.|
|Russian||N-ZAP 83||Same as English name.|
|Spanish||N-ZAP 83||Same as English name.|