Sheldon's Picks are a set of reskins of existing weapons with new sub and special weapons. They are each the third variation of their respective main weapon (excluding single-player reskins), and are all Sheldon's Picks-branded.
|“||Each set contains new weapon combos which Sheldon carefully selected and modified based off of existing weapons, such as the “Wasabi Splattershot” and “Fresh Squiffer.” Will you discover new strats with the new combos?||”|
Sheldon's Picks were first announced during the 3 March 2016 Nintendo Direct presentation and were released in two volumes. The first came on 13 April 2016 as part of Version 2.7.0 and the second was added on 8 June 2016 part of Version 2.8.0. All of them are unlocked at Level 20, with the Tempered Dynamo Roller and Aerospray PG also requiring the fifth and third Boss Scrolls, respectively.
In Splatoon 2, Sheldon's Picks' role as the series of third variations of weapons initially seemed to be taken by the Kensa Collection. However, on 27 January 2019 at the fourth Splatoon Koshien Tokaigi (Japanese Splatoon 2 championships), it was announced that all weapons that appeared in Sheldon's Picks in Splatoon but did not receive a third variation in the Kensa Collection will return in Splatoon 2 in a future update. The announcement also contained new renders of the returning weapons and was later published on social media.
On March 30th, it was announced that Sheldon's Picks will be added to the game in Version 4.6.0, released on 2 April 2019. The same announcement also revealed two brand-new weapons added to the set, as variants of weapons that did not exist in Splatoon.
- The border of Sheldon's Picks logo resembles the border of the Nintendo Seal of Quality.
- The title on the upper-left of the box is a bilingual ambigram, "WEAPON" and "ブキセット" bukisetto (lit. weapon set).
- The Inkling Boy on the Volume 2 box art in Splatoon appears as an alternate skin for the Inkling in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Notably, 6 of the 10 returning Sheldon's Picks weapons in Splatoon 2 kept the same Sub Weapon between games.
The Wasabi Splattershot.
The Fresh Squiffer.
Several Inklings gathered around a box of Sheldon's Picks.
Sheldon's Picks box at The Reef.
Names in other languages
|Bukichi (Japanese name for Sheldon) Selection|
|Dutch||Krabberts favoriete wapens
|Krabbert's (Dutch name for Sheldon) favorite weapons|
|French||Sélection de Cartouche||Cartouche (French name for Sheldon) Selection|
|German||Artys Auswahl||Arty's (German name for Sheldon) Selection|
|Italian||Armand consiglia||Armand (Italian name for Sheldon) Suggests|
- Live from Squid Research Lab: Sheldon's Picks Vol. 1
- Live from Squid Research Lab: Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2
- Live stream replay of the 4th Splatoon Koshien Tokaigi - Announcement of Sheldon's Picks returning for Splatoon 2 starts at 7:02:02
- SplatoonJP on Twitter
- SplatoonUS tumblr
- Announcement of Sheldon's picks by NintendoNL on Twitter
- Second announcement of Sheldon's picks by NintendoNL on Twitter on the 31st of March.