A member of the Shooter class, this weapon distinguishes itself by sacrificing accuracy, fire rate, ink efficiency, and mobility for a powerful shot and a long range. The .96 Gal outputs enough ink in each shot to splat opponents in two hits. Consequently, the weapon has a high ink consumption rate of 2.5% per shot, making it the ink-hungriest of all weapons in the Shooter class (excluding Blasters) and only allowing for 40 shots to be fired per ink tank. The weapon's fire rate is slower than all other Shooter-class weapons (excluding Blasters) , measuring at slightly slower than the Octobrush's flick rate. A major drawback of the .96 Gal is its poor accuracy; many shots deviate far enough to the left or right that they miss the target. The .96 Gal and its close relative the .52 Gal share their visual design and high-damage, low-accuracy performance.
The weapon is designed with a water cooler bottle as a base. A grip, sight, and high-caliber gun barrel are clamped to the bottle. The parts surrounding the bottle are black plastic with pink accents, while the bottle matches the player's ink color.
- ▼ Damage per shot: 62 → 52
- ▲ Spread reduced by about 11%.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
Official art of an Inkling holding the .96 Gal.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 210
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 210 → 200
- ▲ Increased damage of each shot from 52 to 62.
- ▲ Decreased weapon sway when shooting on the ground by roughly 8%.
- ▲ Decreased weapon sway when shooting right after a jump by roughly 40%.
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 200 → 190
- ▲ Decreased trajectory variance of first shot while also increasing time required to reach maximum shot variance when firing continuously.
|View the quotation page.|
.96 Gal is short for .96 Gallon. "Gal" is also a play on Cal, short form of Caliber, a term commonly used when describing the diameter of bullets for fire-arms.
.96ガロン .96 Garon has the same origin as the English name, but without Gallon shortened to Gal.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||.96 Kaliter||From kaliber (caliber), liter and .96|
|French||Calibre 3000||Caliber 3000|
|German||.96 Gallon||.96 Gallon|
|Italian||Calibro 3000||Caliber 3000|
|From строевой stroyevoy (drill), струя struya (jet, stream), -ик -ik (suffix usually denoting a profession, object, tool or a feature), and .96|
|Spanish||Salpicadora 3000||Splasher 3000|