The .96 Gal is a shooter that hits hard and has long range, courtesy of its large chamber and extended barrel! Of course, with that, you can't expect much from the fire rate, so make each shot count as you use the Sprinkler to spread ink! Also be sure to support your teammates with the Ink Armor! I recommend this for tactical players who want to squash their opponents in an all-out war!
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 210
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 210 → 200
|This article or section needs more images!
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
|“||Similar to the .52 Gal, but with an improved mechanism and a more stable shot. Range and power have been increased...at the cost of being even more ink hungry.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)
|“||Similar to the .52 Gal, but with an improved mechanism and a more stable shot. Range and power have been increased - at the cost of being even more ink hungry.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)
So it's an excellent weapon for fighters who want to control the pace of battle!(NA)
- ▼ Damage per shot: 62 → 52
- ▲ Spread reduced by about 11%.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- The .96 Gal is an extremely ink-hungry weapon, so mitigating this is a good idea, with Ink Recovery Up allowing for long term and frequent map presence.
- With the Version 2.7.0 update, the .96 Gal can be reduced to a 3-hit kill with just one Defense Up main ability or 3 Defense Up sub-abilities. Since the .96 Gal fires slowly for a shooter, a single extra hit needed makes a significant difference, so at least a small amount of Damage Up is strongly recommended.
- Ink Resistance Up allows more maneuverability and speed while walking or swimming through it, and is effective in escaping tough situations, particularly when out of ink to reduce damage taken and increase the probability of survival
Official art of an Inkling holding the .96 Gal.
.96 Gal is short for .96 Gallon. "Gal" is also a play on Cal, short form of Caliber, a term commonly used when describing the diameter of bullets for fire-arms.
.96ガロン .96 Garon has the same origin as the English name, but without Gallon shortened to Gal.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||.96 Kaliter||From kaliber (caliber) and liter|
|French||Calibre 3000||Caliber 3000|
|German||.96 Gallon||.96 Gallon|
|Italian||Calibro 3000||Caliber 3000|
|From строевой stroyevoy (drill), струя struya (jet, stream), -ик -ik (suffix usually denoting a profession, object, tool or a feature), and .96|
|Spanish||Salpicadora 3000||Splasher 3000|