Rapid Blaster Deco
As you can likely guess, the Rapid Blaster Deco is just a Rapid Blaster that's been, well, decorated!
This version comes with Suction Bombs, which are great for forcing sneaky foes out into the open.
And with the Bomb Rush special, you'll be able to toss those bombs to your heart's content!
|“||A decorated version of the Rapid Blaster. Its Sub Weapon can scatter opponents, and its Bomb Rush special lets you maximize that potential. A great set for staving off aggressive foes.||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||This weapon has lower damage output and impact size than most of the other blasters. But the combination of Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush presents some enticing offensive and defensive opportunities, allowing you to scatter these explosive devices over a wide area. Equip the Ink Saver (Sub) and Defense Up abilities and use Suction Bombs to keep opponents away from you.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
- North America
2D art of an Inkling holding the Rapid Blaster Deco.
- The Rapid Blaster Deco is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 7% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 14 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 20 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 35 frames between shots (1.71 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.55 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 50 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 85.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- Shots cannot ever deviate from the inner reticle while on the ground.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 8 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 40 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 50%.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 12 units per frame for 11 frames, having an effective range of 132 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 11.3305 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 16.2 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 11 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 1 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 0 units, and a width of 9 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 11 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- The shot explodes 15 frames after being fired.
- The far damage radius of the explosion is 33 units.
- Main Power Up increases the far damage radius up to 35 units.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the far damage radius is 16.5 units.
- The near damage radius of the explosion is 9.4 units.
- Main Power Up increases the near damage radius up to 10 units.
- Damage from the explosion is 35. Damage does not change based on distance from the center of the explosion.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the damage is 17.5.
- When the shot explodes in the air, it creates a splash of paint with a radius of 28 units.
- The radius of wall dripping paint is 10 units.
- The wall impact painting radius is 19 units.
|“||Research has indicated that a deco-rated new weapon will be joining the others at Ammo Knights—the Rapid Blaster Deco! The stats of this weapon are the same as the Rapid Blaster but, as you can see, it has a fresh new style. This well-rounded kit also comes with Suction Bombs to push forward, and the Inkjet special to draw your opponent’s attention to the skies above!||”|
The Rapid Blaster Deco is a decorated version of the Rapid Blaster. The stats are the same as the Rapid Blaster, but combined with the Suction Bombs, it's a great weapon for pushing forward. You can also use the Inkjet to draw your opponents' attention! Recommended for players who value offense and defense equally!
- The Rapid Blaster Deco is listed in the "Coming Soon" section of the Splatoon Prima Guide, even though it was available at launch. This could mean that it was originally intended to be a DLC item.
Names in other languages
rapiddo burasutā deko
|Rapid Blaster Deco|
|Dutch||Flitsblaster Deco||Flash Blaster Deco|
|French (NOA)||Turboblasteur chic||Chic Turbo Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Turboblaster chic||Chic Turbo Blaster|
|German||Turbo-Blaster Deko||Turbo Blaster Deco|
|Italian||Blaster rapido DX||Rapid Blaster Deluxe|
|Spanish (NOA)||Turbolanzamotas chic||Chic Turbo Speck Thrower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Devastador exprés DX||Express Devastator DX|