Burst Bombs are spherical balloons filled with ink that explode on contact. They use less ink than Splat Bombs, and Suction Bombs, and therefore cause less damage. The can deal between 25-60 damage, with 60 being a direct hit.
|“||Think of these sub weapons as water balloons filled with ink. Although they lack the blast radius of Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs explode on contact. But they inflict very little damage, even when scoring a direct hit. This makes Burst Bombs best suited for spreading ink and applying touch-ups. But unlike Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs consume less ink, allowing you to deploy them with greater frequency. You can toss two or three Burst Bombs in quick succession without depleting your ink tank. This comes in handy when you need to make a quick escape. Toss a few Burst Bombs in the direction of your opponent before swimming to safety.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
- ▼ Ink consumption: 25% → 40%
- ▼ Weakened the knockback effect.
- ▼ Radius for dealing minimum damage reduced by 20%.
- ▲ Minimum damage: 20.0 → 25.0
- ▲ Radius for dealing medium damage (35.0) increased by about 14%.
- ▲ Painting radius increased by about 43%.
Burst Bombs are one of three usable Sub Weapons in Octo Valley, unlocked with Power Eggs and selected via once available. They cannot be used in amiibo challenges, making Splat Bombs the only usable Sub Weapon for the Hero Roller and Hero Charger. They can also be used during the Credits.
- Burst Bombs have always consumed 40% of the player's ink tank in Hero mode. This was carried over to multiplayer in Version 2.7.0.
- In Hero mode, the Octostriker can't be defeated with Burst Bombs only.
- It is possible to throw 3 Burst Bombs without having to refill the ink by stacking 1 main and 3 subs of Ink Saver (Sub).
- Prior to Version 2.7.0 it was possible to throw 4 Burst Bombs, or even 6 if the player stacked enough Ink Saver (Sub). It is no longer possible to throw more than 3 Burst Bombs whether or not the player stack Ink Saver (Sub) on their gear.
- It's possible to use Burst Bombs during the Credits that uses a different color of Ink from the regular Shooter. These Burst Bombs appear to be the regular Burst Bomb used in Multiplayer instead of the special Agent 3 version.
An Inkling boy throwing a Burst Bomb.
Agent 3's version of the Burst Bomb.
Official art of an Inkling with a Burst Bomb and an L-3 Nozzlenose D.
Names in other languages
|French||Bombe ballon||Balloon Bomb|
|Spanish (NOA)||Globo Entintado||Inked Ballon|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bomba Rápida||Fast Bomb|
|Weapons in Splatoon 2|