Burst Bombs are spherical balloons filled with ink that explode on contact with any surface, like a wall or floor. They use less ink than Splat Bombs, and Suction Bombs, and therefore cause less damage.
Burst Bombs are one of three usable Sub Weapons in Octo Valley, unlocked with Power Eggs and selected via once available. They cannot be used in amiibo challenges, making Splat Bombs the only usable Sub Weapon for the Hero Roller and Hero Charger. They can also be used during the Credits.
- Prior to Version 2.7.0 it was possible to throw 4 Burst Bombs, or even 6 if the player stacked enough Ink Saver (Sub). It is no longer possible to throw more than 3 Burst Bombs whether or not the player stack Ink Saver (Sub) on their gear.
Burst Bombs return to Splatoon 2, and are not usable in Octo Canyon.
- It is possible to throw 3 Burst Bombs without having to refill the ink by stacking 3 main and 2 subs of Ink Saver (Sub)(36 AP).
|View the quotation page.|
- Burst Bombs have always consumed 40% of the player's ink tank in Hero mode. This was carried over to multiplayer in Version 2.7.0.
- In Hero mode, the Octostriker can't be defeated with Burst Bombs only.
- It is possible to throw 3 Burst Bombs without having to refill the ink by stacking 1 main and 3 subs of Ink Saver (Sub), and throw 4 with 2 mains and 9 subs plus a Last-Ditch Effort.
- It's possible to use Burst Bombs during the Credits that uses a different color of Ink from the regular Shooter. These Burst Bombs appear to be the regular Burst Bomb used in Multiplayer instead of the special Agent 3 version.
- In the Splatoon Single-Player reveal trailer, Burst Bombs were initially able to instantly splat opponents within its radius, in comparison to taking two hits in the final game.
Names in other languages
|French||Bombe ballon||Balloon Bomb|
|Spanish (NOA)||Globo Entintado||Inked Ballon|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bomba Rápida||Fast Bomb|
- North America
- Europe and Oceania