- For the movement ability, see Super Jump.
The Super Chump is a special weapon in Splatoon 3. It launches destructible decoys that Super Jump to a specified area and explode a short time after landing.
When a player activates the Super Chump, they pull out a translucent cannon in their ink color. The decoys the cannon shoots are colored in the player's ink color, and they are decorated with colorful dots and a smiling face. When the decoys are about to explode, they expand and flash, much like Suction Bombs.
|Base damage||60 (direct)|
25 (min, splash)
|Base duration||10 sec|
|Rate of fire|
When activated, the user will begin aiming the cannon using a targeting oval. If the center of the oval is out-of-bounds, or the user is not on the ground, a "Can't Use!" warning will appear. Once a landing zone is set with , the cannon will launch 12 decoys in a random spread within the oval, displaying their landing sites as Super Jump markers with the names of random players on the user's team. After landing, the decoys explode after a short period of time, but they can be destroyed by enemy fire or crushed by moving terrain. The user cannot charge their special gauge again until the gauge has fully depleted.
Special Power Up
- Main article: Special Power Up
Wearing Special Power Up with Super Chump increases the explosion radius of the decoys.
|“||SRL Ballistics keeping the research rolling with info on a new special weapon... the Super Chump! If you're tired of enemies camping near your Super Jump spots, this one's for you. It'll launch decoys that look like Super Jump landing spots, only to explode a short while later.
We know you want to see the Super Chump in action, so... check it out! Now, your enemy can destroy the decoys if they realize what's happening, but you can use that to your advantage. Get your OWN spot set up where you can camp on the campers while they try to take out your decoys!
|“||The Super Chump is a new Special Weapon coming to #Splatoon3 in Fresh Season 2023. Launch decoys that explode in a shower of ink after a set time or when attacked by enemies!||”|
— @NintendoEurope on Twitter
|“||Tired of getting jumped immediately after a Super Jump? Use the Super Chump to fire several decoys that appear to be Super Jump landing points into a wide area using , then giggle as your enemies move in just as the decoys explode with ink.||”|
— In-game description
|Clash Blaster Neo||231||Curling Bomb||Super Chump||180p||25||1||Blaster|
|Custom Dualie Squelchers||5031||Squid Beakon||Super Chump||200p||16||1||Dualie|
|N-ZAP '89||61||Autobomb||Super Chump||180p||11||1||Shooter|
- Main article: Badge#Special Weapon Wins
Winning a certain number of battles with the Super Chump will reward the player with special badges that they can use on their Splashtag.
|Super Chump Badges|
|30 wins with Super Chump|
|180 wins with Super Chump|
|1,200 wins with Super Chump|
Super Chump bombs and launcher rotating
Using the Super Chump
For competitive tips about the Super Chump,
|View the strategy page.|
- The Super Chump was first added in Fresh Season 2023 (Version 3.0.0).
- It was originally datamined in the Drizzle Season 2022 as an unused special, codenamed "firework".
- The Super Chump's decoys resemble scaled-up versions of Suction Bombs. They even possess a "face" like the Suction Bomb, albeit with much more detail.
- Similar to the Bomb Launcher, the Super Chump cannon plays a jingle while active.
- If the player uses the Super Chump while touching and facing a wall, the cannon will appear to be inside of that wall.
- Also, if the player uses the Super Chump when facing a ledge, the cannon will appear to be floating in the air once placed.
- Both of the first two Super Chump weapons were weapons whose Splatoon 2 counterparts had Tenta Missiles as the corresponding special.
- The third Super Chump weapon, the Custom Dualie Squelchers, had Tenta Missiles in its alternate kit in Splatoon 2, the Dualie Squelchers.
The English name is a combination of "Super Jump" and "chump" (phonetically similar to "Jump" and referencing the decoy aspect). It may also be a reference to chum, a type of bait often used to lure sharks, fitting in with the sea theme of the Splatoon series.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Diversivo esplosivo||Explosive Diversion|
|Internal||SpFirework||Sp for special. Firework has been localized.|
- ↑ From voor- ("fore-") and schutter ("marksman, shooter"). Possibly a pun on voor schut as in the phrases voor schut zetten ("to make someone look like a fool") and voor schut staan ("to look like a fool"), referring to the decoys and the players who fall for them, respectively.