The weapon is a relatively shorter ranged splatling weapon with a range in between the Mini Splatling and Heavy Splatling, with a charge time roughly the same as the Heavy Splatling and a firing time also in between the Mini Splatling and Heavy Splatling. Its main differentiation from other splatlings is its ability to hold full and partial charges up to 3⅓ seconds while swimming in ink, like the Goo Tuber. It also does not lose accuracy while jumping. Like the Ballpoint Splatling, the Nautilus 47 can recharge while firing.
The Nautilus 47 has a consistent charge rate for both rings. It takes approximately 0.63 seconds to reach the first level of charge, and approximately 1.26 seconds in total to reach the second level of charge. Once the first level of charge is reached, it fires for approximately 0.9 seconds, and once the second level of charge is reached, it fires for approximately 1.8 seconds.
The Nautilus 47 has three short barrels sticking out of a metal head piece. They are connected to a short metal body piece using three black tubes with stripes that change color to match the user's ink. The body piece also houses a handhold. The main part of the Nautilus 47 is a round metal shell bearing the Ammo Knights logo, which protects its inner workings. On the side of the shell that faces the user's body is a tight metal coil that disappears into the body piece, as well as a light pink block that stops up the entrance to the body piece. The block is slightly visible from the side facing away from the user's body, and it seems to have a handle sticking out of it that changes color to match the user's ink. Going across the block on the handle side is an oddly bent reddish-brown tube that goes into the body piece.
- While Main Power Up increases the number of shots fired, it does not increase the ink consumption relative to the amount charged, making the weapon comparatively more ink efficient.
- The Nautilus 47 is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 180. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The full charge ink consumption of 15% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fully charge 6 times before needing to refill the ink tank.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The Nautilus 47 can store its charge while submerged in ink.
- A stored charge can be held for up to 3.33 seconds.
- The Nautilus 47 can store incomplete charges.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and being able to fire the charge is 10 frames.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and the outer reticle appearing is 5 frames.
- The Nautilus 47 is rechargeable while firing.
- When charging the weapon, it will take 38 frames in order to charge its first ring and 76 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 52 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 104 frames.
- When charging with an empty tank, the charge time is multiplied by 5.
- When firing, it shoots a bullet every 4 frames.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.7 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 32.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 7 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 15.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 3.3 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 3.6 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Nautilus 47 has a 30% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 30%.
- Initial shot velocity is 44.333 units per frame. Shots travel straight at the initial velocity for 3 frames.
- So shots travel straight at a rate of 44.333 units per frame for 3 frames. Shots travel straight for 132.999 distance units.
- After shots stop flying straight, the velocity is set to 18.215 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Ink droplets occur every 120 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.5 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units, and a width of 0 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.3 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.45 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 14 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.6 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.3 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- If no ink droplets have occurred within 11 units of the player for 4 shots, the next shot the player makes will force a paint droplet to appear at the player's feet.
The Nautilus 47 is the first Splatling that allows you to store your charge while swimming in your ink! That means you can charge the weapon from a hidden position before sneakily swimming within range of unsuspecting enemies! This baby also has a stabilizer to keep your aim while jumping!
The Point Sensor sub will you help you spot opponents, while the Baller special allows you to push into enemy territory. If you want to catch the enemy off guard, this set's for you!
|“||Splatling fans take note! The Nautilus 47 is the first Splatling that allows you to store your charge while swimming in ink. You can bet your tentacles that sneaky players will use this to great effect. Rounding out the kit is the Point Sensor to help spot opponents, and the Baller special that rolls deep…into enemy territory.||”|
Promo video (link to file)
It appears in 3 missions in Alterna:
The Nautilus 47 was the first splatling to allow you to store your charge while swimming in ink! It sounds like a small detail, but let me assure you... it's huge! It means you can charge undetected until you're ready to leap out and splat an unsuspecting opponent. Of course, this state-of-the-art weapon has a few other tricks up its sleeve as well... It can be paused midshot to charge. It has a stabilizer to keep your aim steady while you jump. And it makes an inkredible grilled cheese! Oh, I may have dreamed the last one... Anyway, with the Point Sensor sub and Ink Storm special to help read opponent positions, this loadout can make you feel like you're playing in Cod Mode!
- Main article: Badge#Weapon freshness
|Nautilus 47 Badges|
|4★ Nautilus 47 User|
|5★ Nautilus 47 User|
Tableturf Battle card art
- The Nautilus 47’s design appears to be visually based off a wickless alcohol Bunsen burner.
- It also, as the name suggests, seems to be based on a nautilus, with the body piece being the shell, the handle being the eye, and the barrels being the tentacles.
- The Nautilus 47 is one of the few weapons where it is not apparent by its name that it is the first kit for that weapon. Some other weapons that share this distinction are the Classic Squiffer and the Dark Tetra Dualies.
- While charging, the Nautilus 47 is tied with the Hydra Splatling for slowest strafing splatling in the game with a movement speed of 0.4 distance units per frame.
- Due to releasing after it, the Nautilus 47, Ballpoint Splatling, Explosher, and Bloblobber are the only main weapons not included in the Octo Expansion.
- In Splatoon 3, it shares its set with the Explosher, both having Point Sensor and Ink Storm.
Names in other languages
Nōchirasu Yon-jū Nana
|Dutch||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|French||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|German||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|Italian||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|Spanish (NOA)||Nautilo 47||Nautilus 47|
|Spanish (NOE)||Subtralladora 47||From sub + ametralladora, "machine gun"|
yīngwǔluó hào 47 (Mandarin)
yīngwǔluó hào 47 (Mandarin)