The weapon is a relatively shorter ranged splatling weapon with range in between the Mini Splatling and Heavy Splatling, with a charge time roughly the same as the Heavy Splatling and a firing time also in between the Mini Splatling and Heavy Splatling. Its main differentiation from other splatlings is its ability to hold full and partial charges up to 3⅓ seconds while swimming in ink, like the Goo Tuber. It also does not lose accuracy while jumping. Like the Ballpoint Splatling, the Nautilus 47 has the ability to recharge while firing.
The Nautilus 47 has a consistent charge rate for both rings. It takes approximately 0.63 second to reach the first level of charge, and approximately 1.26 seconds in total to reach the second level of charge. Once the first level of charge is reached, it will fire for approximately 0.9 seconds, and once the second level of charge is reached, it will fire for approximately 1.8 seconds.
- The Nautilus 47 is a middleweight weapon.
- The full charge ink consumption of 15% allows players to fully charge 6 times before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When charging the weapon on the group, it will take 38 frames in order to charge its first ring and 76 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 52 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 104 frames.
- When firing, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between bullets.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.7 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a bullet is in the air for more than 11 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 19.
- Bullets have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 3.6 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 3.6 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Nautilus 47 has a 0.3% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 0.3%.
- The bullet's velocity is set to 44.33 units, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Paint droplets occur every 120 units.
- The frequency at which paint drips from a bullet occurs at a rate of 1.5 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 14 units.
- All other paint droplets have a radius of 12.6 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.3 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
Promo video (link to file)
|View the quotation page.|
- While Charging, the Nautilus 47 is tied with Hydra Splatling for slowest strafing Splatling in the game with a movement speed of 0.4du/f
(Note on units of measurement: There are 50 of the game's internal distance units (DU) per line in the testing area. There are 60 frames (f) per second in the game.)
- The number 47 in this weapon's name might be a reference to its silver color, since 47 is the atomic number of silver.
The weapon's body is similar to the shell of a Nautilus.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|French||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|German||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|Italian||Nautilus 47||Nautilus 47|
|Spanish (NOA)||Nautilo 47||Nautilus 47|
|Spanish (NOE)||Subtralladora 47||From sub + ametralladora, "machine gun"|